PLEASE merge with EA or Konami

i will get fifa.. but i would rather manage everything off the field like it is in FM, not fifa's career mode.. FM is so much deeper

i cant be the only one who wants this

The whole point is that you don't have control of the players, and so tactical knowledge etc is important. Do tactics matter on FIFA? Nope, because you can win easily with any formation and any players.

However, I would like to see a FIFA game with FM style stuff, so it's more indepth. Just don't do the same with FM, as it changes it completely.

I don't really see the merit for either side, really. EA have very different goals to SI, and it shows in the games they make.

That said, I would love to see a game in the future where you can have either playing style and perhaps a combination of both, but these are very, very, very different games. Merging the two would be extremely difficult.

jesus christ make tha perfect game

imagine managing with FM and playing tha games yourself in FIFA or PES

long overdue

I understand you are new to the forums, but these ideas get shot down every time they are suggested. FIFA's career mode could use a bit more depth, but to actually take control of players on FM would completely take away from why so many people continue to buy it.

fm is old..... and as far as people buying it this would gain so many more customers and supporters. not to mention it could save Konami's PES series

and more important than anything it would be an AWESOME game

and more important than anything it would be an AWESOME game

No it wouldn't. If they did merge with EA and make the game of your dreams, it'd probably be crap. You'd need a super computer for it to run properly. For it to run on a computer that's not owned by NASA, they'd more than likely have to water down either the management side or the match day side of it.

are u saying im the only one whos been into fm since the cm days that feels like this game hasnt progressed anough?? or are u guys just excited about some updated rosters...............:thdn:

You know what, this also makes great financial sense... negligible increase in turnover split between 2 companies at a disputed ratio. Brilliant.

Surely it'd be possible for someone to mod it in a way to make this possible - you'd need to mount the games of course to begin with.

Good god...

Terrible terrible terrible idea!

FM isn't "old"...

FM is about managing a football club, not about playing a football match like FIFA and PES... So who cares if the match engine doesn't look as crisp and pretty?!

FIFA and PES are fun in terms of playing a match, but tactically both are quite awful, and it all boils down to how YOU play the match, so as long as you're good enough you can win matches with a 2-2-6 formation, with Neymar and Ganso as MCs...

The point of FM is: building up a good squad, instructing it to play good football and winning competitions. WITHOUT ACTUALLY PLAYING the matches

The point of FIFA/PES is: playing yourself whatever match/competition you want to.

To me those goals are quite incompatible, unless you fancy a stripped down/dumbed down managerial part slapped on an action-simulation game..

I'm bemused that some actually think having a bastardized FM game, or rather, an unholy and unwholesome bastard child of FM and FIFA/PES, would be a stellar idea!

are u saying im the only one whos been into fm since the cm days that feels like this game hasnt progressed anough?? or are u guys just excited about some updated rosters...............:thdn:

How long have you been playing the CM/FM series? To suggest it hasn't progressed is utter nonsense. Ultimately FM is a management sim that has it's own market. There are plenty of FM players that have zero interest in taking control of players. What's the point in creating a detailed tactic with specific player instructions if a human player is going to end up controlling them anyway? What you are suggesting would make the detailed tactics that make up FM obsolete and you'd essentially end up with FIFA anyway.

jesus christ make tha perfect game

imagine managing with FM and playing tha games yourself in FIFA or PES

long overdue

No, just no. Playing the game yourself negates all the management stuff you do, terrible, terrible suggestion, quite possibly the worst I have ever heard.

i dont want it stripped down or dumbed down at all.. i want it packed

But as soon as you add a playing element into it, the management stuff goes out of the window and it boils down to how good the user is at playing the game, no matter how "packed" it is.

You can never get a proper management game, where you play the game yourself. If SI did this, it would soon be FM RIP.

i do kind of agree with this but not in the way suggested... immagine if ea and si come to an agreement .. for fifa there would be an indept manager mode..i m not saying tacticts with details like fm .. but good transfer system, financial control, good player progress and they should make difference between attributes larger coz how it is it doesnt really make such a difference between say thiago silva and astori as CB ..

FM would be this great management game with good graphics =D

i dont want it stripped down or dumbed down at all.. i want it packed

I'm not sure you are understanding peoples complaints about how incompatible your idea is. To put together a detail tactic, telling each player how you want them to play, with corner, free kick instructions etc, then taking control of each player just isn't going to work. Explain to me the point of putting together such a detailed tactic only to then take control of the players anyway? You are essentially creating the style of play whilst you play, so no need for all the pre-match stuff. The idea is frankly, awful and your arguments for it are pretty thin and lack any actual thought.

really? Have you seen FIFA lately its pretty good , what about mass effect did they mess up that franchise?

FIFA is awful. Everyone who has played it can see that. EA don't listen to the buyers opinions and just do what they want.

FM should stay away from those two as it is a separate genre and would be ruined by EA and/or Konami.

Archived