Conditional Work Permits...

I remember back in CM 00/01 that a player on a CWP needed to play in X% of games and you were kept up to date with this in his personal information.

You can no longer see this info so is a CWP based on something else, as my Argentinean youngster isn't allowed to sign a new contract?

The conditions for a work permit have changed since then. These are the current criteria:

1. A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive “A” team matches he was available for selection, during the 2 years preceding the date of the application;

2. The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the 2 years preceding the date of the application

Although players can sometimes get one on appeal if they are considered to be talented enough.

I suppose you will just have to keep trying to renew his contract in the hope he either becomes eligible or gets one on appeal.

How many years does he have left? Is there time to get him out on loan to get him a second nationality?

Archived