Part Time to Full Time

Just been promoted to League 2 with Vauxhall, now it says that all players will have to moved on to Full Time Contracts over time. Just looking at my budget and it is £5,500pw this is not much really and my best players are looking for £600pw each how am I gonna put a good squad together? Anyone got any ideas on how they normally Adapt to life in the Football League. Not possible to increase budget as my balance is -£100k.

1. Do i have a certain amount of time to move players on to full time contracts?

2. How many players do you suggest having in your squad?

3. Would it be wise to keep only my best players and have youth players in my squad?

Any help will do. I am not looking forward to putting my squad together for a very hard Season.

:mad::confused::mad:

1. iirc you can no longer offer part time contracts so when you renew players contracts, they will only be offered full time deals

2. with 46 league games plus potentially play-offs and cup ties i'd say a minimum of 22

3. do whatever you can afford, although if you have a few youngsters with potential then it may be worth promoting them

make sure you arrange as many friendlies as possible pre-season to rake in more money

You could always leave the reserve league if you really need to make savings.

Otherwise, get some players in on loan. In League 2 you can normally get players on loan without paying them at all, that'll help you a fair bit. A parent club would help with this, it'd also get you some extra annual income.

Also look to sign the maximum four long term loans per season as well. Can often sign players without any wages being paid by yourself. Look for versatile players as well as they can provide more depth obviously. Have a look at teams that have released youth players. Quite often some of them will be good enough for your team and they won't ask for a lot of wages, some won't anyway. They may also provide future selling money. Don't be scared to let players go if they are asking for too much money. If they ask for too much haggle and if you try to haggle too much and they walk away let them go for some money or on frees as there will be other players that could be better and that will ask for less wages.

Archived