Do I jump teams to salvage a sinking ship? Or do I stay and continue the rise?

I am Burton manager, started the game with them and in the 2019/20 season I am playing my first season in the premiership with them. We are doing ok, 14th in the table coming up to the Christmas period. I love the games where you take a small team up to glory, but they are the only games I have ever played so I don't know what it's like to manage a big team with top pulling power. Anyways, Liverpool are doing poorly of late and they're currently 10th and I managed to beat them in the second game of the season. Their manager has just been sacked and I'm the top link to the job, do I stay or do I go?

Personally, if I felt like I could achieve a lot more with my current club, I would stay put.

Also, looking at the amount of time you have spent at the club, would you really want to leave after taking them all that way?

Looking at this, I would suggest you give it another few seasons and see what happens from there :)

It will certainly be more of a challenge at Burton, my team up until a 2 seasons ago had to be comprised of free agents with very low wages. And now i'm at the lowest end of the budgets in the premiership, whereas Liverpool have the likes of Reina still playing amongst others. I'll probably see what happens this season, if I stay up I'll stick with Burton. If I go down I'll assess my options

I've been in the same boat as you a couple of times and for me, I usually bail out. I absolutely adore taking lower league clubs up to lofty heights but it seems once I reach my goal I lose interest, get baffled at the enormous amounts of money being spent willy-nilly and have a craving to go back to the simple life.

I guess it all boils down to this: Are you having fun? If not, go and manage Boreham Wood or their equivalent ;)

Archived