FM12: Which team will be for you?

Just thought I'd start a discussion out of boredom. When the full game of FM12 is released, which team will be the first you play as and what reasons do you have for choosing them?

My first save will either be as Litex Lovech of Bulgaria or Malmo FF of Sweden. Litex has been my last long term save in FM11 (still playing it now), and it's been my favourite save of the past year. I've enjoyed the challenge of trying to get as far as possible in the Champions Cup, while doing my best to win all domestic competitions. If I were to go with Malmo instead, it would be for the same reasons I enjoyed my Litex FM11 save so much, and just as a change of scenery from Bulgaria.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll likely start a game as Dartford at some point, although I am doing one atm, and so may not feel like going straight into another one. If not, I'll either be Man United or Leicester.

That's the main reason I'm considering leaving Litex for a future save. I've never started as an EPL team, but can imagine it'd be a good save. Why Leicester though? Local team, or just a team you like playing as?

I shall start as Valencia.

I recently started a long term save with them and I'm loving it. The debt is a huge challenge but after you get your new stadium in 2012 and get past the first 2 seasons of battling the worst part of the debt it becomes really fun.

They also have Parejo, Piatti etc now so it's going to be fb.

I've finally grasped just how boring and little challenge there is in being my team and will try to resist being them next year.

Here we go :D the next fm12 thread will be "when is the demo coming out?"

To answer the topic,liverpool.

No, just no. I know the demo will be available when it's ready, and asking about it won't make it come out any earlier. I also saw the announcement that was at the top of the forums for a couple of days, saying that info about FM12 will be available soon enough. I just thought I'd start this thread, to see if anyone says any interesting or obscure teams that they intend to play as.

Ipswich...I always start with them.

I won't buy the game at release any more and come the 3rd patch when I will buy the game after the January transfer window I may very well pick another team...will wait and see what happens,AFC Wimbledon could be worth a go.

I'll likely start a game as Dartford at some point, although I am doing one atm, and so may not feel like going straight into another one. If not, I'll either be Man United or Leicester.

I had Dartford for FM11, expanding the training facilities is a b_tch though even though I got promoted to the EPL and won the Europa while still in the N-league

Hansa Rostock (Germany) or Hellas Verona (Italy)

I've done 15+ seasons with both on recent versions, 2010 for Verona and 2011 for Rostock. I'm thinking all leagues from England, Germany and Italy and go from there.

More than enough to keep me going on the one save for months I hope. I'm currently in 2025 of a save where I've only got Germany loaded. My career so far has gone Rostock -> Bayern Munich -> Werder Bremen and I don't plan on starting another save on this version as I've been playing this save on and off for a few months now.

Both have actually been promoted to the second tier of their respective countries IRL for this season so I'm not sure which one I'll start off at. It would be nice to win the respective top flight titles with both at some point though.

Granada CF of course!

[video=youtube;wk6VwqTMHKY]

[video=youtube;wPqKK8Su6nA]

Of course it'll be nice if they get results like those in the game and for real :D

Heath, until I read the last issue of WSC I hadnt realised how well Grenada were doing, congrats. Not so much lower League anymore!, hope you do a LLM Thread maybe for Thurrock (love those kits). Of course I shall be wading around the ,lower reaches of the Blue Square signing a legion of unkowns with Scrabble busting names, I just like it that way.

As an aside, I would like to see you have a bash at Queens Park. I always felt that would have a lower league feel (no disrespect for ScD3 intended). The thing is they have huge potential, but are an amateur club, something I never experienced in FM before. Not sure if thats an interesting challenge or an infernal frustration. Am surprised there never seems to be an Official Club thread in the Teams & Players forum though.

I usually start a couple of games, 1 as Man United so I can go at everything right away, then another thats somewhat of a challenge, on FM10 and 11 it's been Middlesbrough, then I just usually try and progress, be it with Boro or moving on to another team.

Archived