Transfer haggling more like contracts?

just wondering would you guys prefer a more quick over the table style of haggling over a fee like the contracts? For example now in my save on multiple players im waiting for replies which then lead to more changing of bids which in some cases can be annoying , would you like to see a quicker way but with some options of waiting a day a week to respond?

I would definitely like to be able to have the option of a ''face to face'' meeting about a transfer, the possibility of which I definitely think would add to the realism of negotiations. The only reservation i've got is that I really hate the agents negotiation as it currently is, especially when if you can't agree and then try to come back later and they refuse to even enter into any negotiations. :(

If you have these more advanced options, I think the whole game needs to be more sophisticated and advanced to implement them well, and you should be able to develop good relations with other clubs/agents over time and repeat business to facilitate smoother negotiations between the clubs involved as well as perhaps becoming the go to guy/club for a particular agent you have good raport/history with when the time comes for his client to transfer.

I find contracts easy to sort, just offer them nothing to start with, for example £1 a week wages £0 signing on fee and £0 agent fees then he will come back with the lowest wage he will take I then bump up his agent fee to make sure he signs for me and job done. Easy!!!! Never lose out on transfers even if im in the championship and battling out with chelsea and Barcelona like I do when I sign Kadlec.

I find contracts easy to sort, just offer them nothing to start with, for example £1 a week wages £0 signing on fee and £0 agent fees then he will come back with the lowest wage he will take I then bump up his agent fee to make sure he signs for me and job done. Easy!!!! Never lose out on transfers even if im in the championship and battling out with chelsea and Barcelona like I do when I sign Kadlec.

You could very easily miss out using that theory, especially on higher rated players, if your offer is too low for a player of a good reputation they will often pull out of negotiations instantly. Lower league with lesser reputation players maybe that will work well but not with top flight players

You could very easily miss out using that theory, especially on higher rated players, if your offer is too low for a player of a good reputation they will often pull out of negotiations instantly. Lower league with lesser reputation players maybe that will work well but not with top flight players

I do the same thing too, just not that extreme. I cut his initial demand in two and offer it to him, and normally his second offer is pretty much as low as he will go, unless I offer him a release clause.

Here's a fictional demand, from a fictional player:

Wages: 69000 p/w

Duration: 2 years

Sign-on fee: 1,8mill

Agent: 2,1 mill

Clauses: 10% wage increase p/y

Appearance bonus: 15000

Goal bonus (striker): 5000

1st offer:

Wages: 30000 p/w

Duration: 5 years

Sign-on fee: 1 mill

Agent: 1 mill

Appearance bonus: 10000

Counterdemand:

Wages: 55000 p/w

Duration: 3 years

Sign-on fee: 1,5mill

Agent: 1,9 mill

2nd offer:

Wages: 40000 p/w

Agent: 2,9 mill (max)

If this is not accepted:

3rd offer:

Minimum fee release clause (foreign clubs if you play multiplayer): 80 mill

If that is not accepted:

miniumum fee release clause: 60 mill

That final release clause reduction is incredibly highly weighted in this system, the only thing that is higher than agent fees as I see it. The only problem I face when signing contracts is when a player demands a ridiculously low release clause in his initial demand. I have found that it is better removing it entirely than adjusting it upwards.

Archived