Made my game a bit harder by accident

I am playing my last FM11 save as the team I support Sunderland. So far after a very easy draw I won the League Cup and look likely to secure a very high league finish mainly because a few of the top teams have been pants. I failed to check the xml files that I started the game with as I assumed they were just the normal created leagues. However I just noticed that a competition I created a few weeks a go is loaded. The competition is the World Champions League which takes 256 teams from 105 countries into a Champions League style tournament. If I get into the top 4 I will be playing in this competition plus the European Champions League combined with the domestic cups means I will be playing a game roughly every three days. I really do not want to start again but now I will have to make sure I have a huge squad to deal with the extra games.

In the World Champions League every team plays at least four games before the group stage then 5 knock out rounds. Next season will be very long and in a few years once I improve my team it will be even longer. I suppose the only up side is the big prize money that both competition provide.

but with the prize money that should allow you to buy better players which could make it easier.

Prize money will allow me to buy better players but we are talking about a potential extra 20 plus games a season. I need more players not better ones would take a big squad to cope with all the extra games.

is your competition available for download?

I have not released it because it gives too many games to the top leagues and I couldn't be bothered with people moaning about it. I made it so I could be a team from a small country outside Europe like Jamaica or New Zealand and compete against the best teams in the world.

Archived