Manager interaction

Hello all, I'm just wondering if SI are planning on improving Manager interaction before and after games, at the minute, its lacking in many ways, for example, in my last two games, ive won 4-0, yet both managers after the game have "criticised" my teams way of playing and said "if his players took the opportunity to shoot rather than trying to walk the ball into the net, they would be better off for it" .. .. .. ..

Hang on, did i not just beat your team 4-0?

Now if i was winning games 1-0, then i could understand the other managers reacting like that, but 4-0?

That just doesn't make sense to me, and then if id like to reply, i get the opportunity to say how great the opposing squad is, or comment on recent signings (if they have made any) or one of a few other general comments like "XYZ is not suited to management" (even though XYZ just won the league they play in), id like to see SI put a LOT more thought and effort into this, making comments actually mean something rather than just being the same generic answers that generally mean nothing.

For example....

If your playing in a european game against a team from another country, id like the option to comment on the league as well as the team (something along the lines of "well the league they play in is nowhere near the standard of our's so it should be an easy victory" or "the team plays in the highest rated league in the world (something dynamic rep can help with/affect) so this will be a tough game").

I'd also like the ability to say things such as "the partnership of A + B (could be 2 strikers, 2 defenders or any 2 or more players {the holy trinity at Barca springs to mind}) is one that may cause us problems/doesn't worry us at all" and/or, "the backroom staff at ABC does a really good job, all the team looks like they are training well, this should be a tough game" (and vice versa)

Basically id like to see this feature expanded, does that come across in my post? ;) I honestly think this could be one of the greatest features in FM, with a little more (maybe a lot more) work it could be rewarding and most importantly, FUN!

id also like manager relationships to develop more, i mean what does "thinks the two of you may become friends" actually mean? does this ever change to "considers you one of his closest friends in football" or something similar?

Anyway, if your still reading this, thank you for your time, any comments appreciated :D

I think this would open out the manager interaction's and make them something enjoyable

Yes agree quite funny is't it when you've just spank a team 3-4 nil and opposite managers slates how you played, then you have no option to come back at him with a reasonable or realistic reply

Indeed. It's rather amusing when they come out with this stuff right after your team have just taken about 20 shots compared to their 2 or 3. I think it only sees the formation and decides that since you're playing 3 in midfield you must be attemting to emulate Barcelona or something.

The manager comments are too frequent anyway. We don't see managers having a pop at (or kissing the arses of) their counterparts before every game in reality so why should it be like this in the game?

Indeed. It's rather amusing when they come out with this stuff right after your team have just taken about 20 shots compared to their 2 or 3. I think it only sees the formation and decides that since you're playing 3 in midfield you must be attemting to emulate Barcelona or something.

The manager comments are too frequent anyway. We don't see managers having a pop at (or kissing the arses of) their counterparts before every game in reality so why should it be like this in the game?

Rriigght...

two words, "noisy neighbours"

and the season ain't even started yet (well, EPL season hasn't).

In addition to that, Huddersfield's manager is always brown-nosing the other managers, makes him look better when they get one over him like Bury did today... lol!

Its just such a ridiculously poorly executed feature. You only get about 3 options that arent greyed out, managers always speak utter nonsense, the questions and responses never change, the comments never reflect what actually happened in the match....etc....

Just awful.

Oh I agree, like my penultimate match against the only team that could pip me to the League 1 title, I couldn't couldn't say anything about it being a title rivals match(say wha?) nor that it was a "promotion rivals" match... I was like :confused: :confused: :confused:

(screenies can be provided on request just cba tonight)

Its just such a ridiculously poorly executed feature. You only get about 3 options that arent greyed out, managers always speak utter nonsense, the questions and responses never change, the comments never reflect what actually happened in the match....etc....

Just awful.

Agreed, I raised this before. Unnecessarily restrictive

I agree this whole interaction part is awful. What's the deal with the criticising managers part and it gives you options to say "X - shouldn't of placed Z on the transfer list" Or "I'd placing X on the list is the correct thing to do" When do managers slag managers off with by saying things like that? Rubbish

Archived