January Transfers

Hey guys just a quick question (sorry if repeating an earlier question if so you can post a link with an answer ) , why in the 3rd patch do the january transfers take place in the summer such as Torres starts at Chelsea , why do they not have a future transfer such as he would join when he joined in Real life such as on the 31.1.11? Is it down to coding or external factors?

Cheers

Blidly

i think the other issue is it can unbalance things, using Torres as an example, there is a chance if a player took control of Liverpool they would not bother playing Torres because he is going to leave, and Chelsea could end up signing a £50m player who has not played or in the extreme even trained properly for 6 months, by the time he got to chelsea he would be worthless for another 6 months at least.

I would imagine testing every single transfer to make sure it goes through properly in january would also be an issue.

makes a sort of sense but it takes me for-goddamn-ever to set up the future transfers myself in the editor. I really wish SI would do it for me, but I accept the point about time constraints and, as milnerpoint suggests, possible gameplay issues.

makes a sort of sense but it takes me for-goddamn-ever to set up the future transfers myself in the editor. I really wish SI would do it for me, but I accept the point about time constraints and, as milnerpoint suggests, possible gameplay issues.

So use an earlier database, the bug-fixes still happen it's just the transfer updates and any CA/PA updates that you lose (I think?)

So use an earlier database, the bug-fixes still happen it's just the transfer updates and any CA/PA updates that you lose (I think?)

That's what I do. Sorry if it wasn't clear but what I was saying was I have to use an earlier database and go through setting up future transfers in the editor because SI just move the players around (I don't bother with sorting CA/PA myself because I'd likely get it wrong).

That's what I do. Sorry if it wasn't clear but what I was saying was I have to use an earlier database and go through setting up future transfers in the editor because SI just move the players around (I don't bother with sorting CA/PA myself because I'd likely get it wrong).

It's not something I've tried, but is it possible to start a new game after the January window rather than at the beginning of the season? So you'd start at Feb 1st (or whenever the window closed) with the newest database. If not, maybe it's something for SI to consider adding?

It's not something I've tried, but is it possible to start a new game after the January window rather than at the beginning of the season? So you'd start at Feb 1st (or whenever the window closed) with the newest database. If not, maybe it's something for SI to consider adding?

You can change the start date by adding a country which starts at the date you want. Some start in January or February.

I've always thought January transfers being done in later updates is quite silly. If I took over Liverpool on 11.3, I would probably not want to sell Torres, least of all to Chelsea (I've always tried to avoid selling to big teams in the same league as me).

Archived