How to ease debt?

I'm currently managing Aston Villa in the 2013/14 season and, before the January transfer window, I had £10 million to spend so I was looking for a quality centre back.

Then, on the opening day of the window, my chairman took out a £25 million loan (I have no idea why) and reduced my transfer budget to 400k.

I then, just about, managed to sign Danny Shittu (he has better stats than I expected and has started really well).

My question is this though: I managed to make a £25 million profit that month but the debt is still there. I've sold Marc Albrighton (for £6 million) and Richard Dunne (for £500k) but that did nothing for my budget. So, how do I ease the debt???

Are you saying that the club is running a deficit, or that the loan is still there despite a healthy balance?

If the latter, debts are rarely repaid early, and one that small is unlikely to impact your budget. On the other hand, your transfer budget does get adjusted periodically by the board and it may just be a coincidence if you're finding a smaller transfer budget while the club is showing a surplus.

Archived