Our finishing is letting us down

I always have him saying our passing is terrible and we can't keep possession. Can't ever get it to go away... our team is one of the worst in the league though so I just kind of accept that we'll never be that good at passing lol.

Not had the finishing one to be honest... perhaps your players have low composure or something.

It's just illustrative that something is being negated by the opposition. It might be that your team is lazy and complacent, nervous and snatching at things, or that you aren't opening space in the right places, meaning the opposition can shut you down with relative ease.

As with everything in the FM match, it has motivational and tactical solutions.

What kind of tactical solutions are we talking here, player motivation doesnt seem to be a problem. Ive tried changing tempo, width, mentality, player roles. When your sitting in 3rd and being completely outplayed by a relegation ready team because you cant even hit the target it gets rather embarassing.

If you're having a number of long shots (which are more likely to be off target) then your on/off target ratio will be poor and your AssMan will report poor finishing. Likewise if you're squandering CCC's. Note that many CCC's aren't good chances and lots of off target shots might mean a whisker wide, in which case you probably don't have to worry.

Play to your strengths. If you score from long balls then continue to play them against poorer opposition. Score frequently from counter attack? Then sit deep and increase your passing length.

I went through a series of frustrating draws and losses againts poorer teams that I was strangling to death but not finishing. I would regularly get 60-65% possession (and my team aren't technically great), 20+ shots on, 6+ CCC's and limit the opponent to 2/3 shots, of which 1 would go in and I'd be staring at defeat. When I stopped changing my tactics so drastically to try and dominate weaker teams I'd get 50-55%, 15+ shots & 2/3 CCC's but would win comfortably.

Try the below link. Its a little lengthy, but near the bottom he talks about what the assistant feedback means. (Eg Misplacing to many short passes means you need to increase your passing length etc) It worked for me. I'll be struggling, but a small adjustment to passing or tempo and all of a sudden I'm dominating.

He doesn't talk about what 'our finishing is letting us down' means, but I was struggling with my finishing, but when I fine tuned my tactics with some of the below advice the goals started flooding in.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/115392-I-think-I-m-on-to-something-read-if-you-are-new-or-are-struggling-with-tactics

Try the below link. Its a little lengthy, but near the bottom he talks about what the assistant feedback means. (Eg Misplacing to many short passes means you need to increase your passing length etc) It worked for me. I'll be struggling, but a small adjustment to passing or tempo and all of a sudden I'm dominating.

He doesn't talk about what 'our finishing is letting us down' means, but I was struggling with my finishing, but when I fine tuned my tactics with some of the below advice the goals started flooding in.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/115392-I-think-I-m-on-to-something-read-if-you-are-new-or-are-struggling-with-tactics

Thanks, ill take a look.

What kind of tactical solutions are we talking here, player motivation doesnt seem to be a problem. Ive tried changing tempo, width, mentality, player roles. When your sitting in 3rd and being completely outplayed by a relegation ready team because you cant even hit the target it gets rather embarassing.

I'd need to know how you are tying to attack and what formation you are using before I could advise on your tactics.

Archived