Would this be considered a stupid move

Currently managing Real Madrid in a journeyman career game and after 3 seasons I have won the league 3times, cup 3 times and Champs League once, the issue was the team when I took over where in dire starigths finishing 6th and 5th in the previous 2 seasons before my appointment and had an ageing squad. As I have rebuilt the team I have brought more youth into it and expanded the youth facilities to its capacity for future growth.

In my save I have had previous spells at Ajax (4yrs), where again I mopped up every compettion and also had other successes at Corinthians and Everton, the latter of which I won the Premiership in the 2 years I was there and got to the Champs League semi final.

The issue is this every season I have won the league and wish to go back to England to manage. I am 8 games into my 4th Real Madrid season and am already top of the league again dominating teams., however in the Championsip the Notts Forrest manager job has become very insecure, they have just been relegated from the Premiership in the previous season after a 8 year stint there, they are expected to finish 2nd in the Championship but are currenly 10th, so would it be a stupid move to leave Real Madrid where my team is dominating, but work is still needed to still improve certain areas due to the squad age or leave to go the Forrest or another Premiership club when one eventually comes available.

well it depends on how you play. In my journeyman saves i stay for no longer than 3 seasons at any club, i dont see any point in building up a squad and facilities etc if you are not planning on staying there, but thats just how i play.

I dont think anyone can really answer the question for you..

If you're playing a journeyman save, why would it be a stupid move to find a new challenge somewhere else after having finished building the squad in the club you're at?

Because half of me wants to move on due to constantly winning and it not been a challenge and the other half wants to stay until I fully replace all the older players in the squad.

Because half of me wants to move on due to constantly winning and it not been a challenge and the other half wants to stay until I fully replace all the older players in the squad.

Isn't a journeyman save all about building a career from scratch? If you've already won everything with Real Madrid there is nowhere to go but down and that's not really the point of such a save.

The way I see it you have two options:

A. Stay in Real Madrid, continue winning but with the goal to build a squad mainly from your own youth players. That is what I do after reaching the stage of complete domination with a club. In other words: switch from journeyman to club mode.

B. Start a new game, or resign your manager and make a new one in that save if you want a world of newgen players. This because achieving something with Nottingham Forest will be easy with a world class reputation.

Isn't a journeyman save all about building a career from scratch? If you've already won everything with Real Madrid there is nowhere to go but down and that's not really the point of such a save.

The way I see it you have two options:

A. Stay in Real Madrid, continue winning but with the goal to build a squad mainly from your own youth players. That is what I do after reaching the stage of complete domination with a club. In other words: switch from journeyman to club mode.

B. Start a new game, or resign your manager and make a new one in that save if you want a world of newgen players. This because achieving something with Nottingham Forest will be easy with a world class reputation.

A journeyman game isnt all about building a team from scratch, its about travelling through all different countries around the world, playing and winning in different leagues. I say he should go somewhere else, he has already been to england, i personally dont see any point in going to any big league on a journeyman save, for me its about going to leagues that most people dont and having some fun. Winning the Indian Premier League was a highlight of my last one :)

Thanks for advice guys, but going to Villa in English Premiership, seems like a challenge to get them to the top of the league and conquer in Europe as media expectation is to finish 13th

It might be the wrong place but someone tell me the history as to why Nottm Forest and Notts County are Nottm/Notts

Notts were founded by the Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club - hence Notts.

The true irony is that Forest technically play outside the city boundary while Notts play inside it.

That city boundary is a little insane anyway, I mean come on, at least half of west bridgeford being outside of it? despite it being 5-10 minutes from the city centre? it's ridiculous.

It is a rather tight boundary, yes.

That's why I said technically...

Yeah, I'm aware, sorry if I sounded hostile, It's just I think it's long time overdue they re-think that boundary.

I agree, its ridiculous..

Back to the original post, no it wouldn't be a stupid move. My definition of a journeyman career is moving from club to club as and when you see something that tempts you, regardless of whether its a 'downwards move' or not..

One it's Forest not Forrest. Two it's Nottm Forest not Notts :mad:. I'd reckon you should go though :thup:.

i love how you red's fans get annoyed when people call you notts forest, their's only one notts and that's NOTTS county you lot should be called rushcliffe rovers after all :)

Archived