€ 5.75k compensation when signing amateur contracts

I'm managing the only amateur club in the Icelandic second tier at the moment and I'm having problems signing players with amateur contracts. Every time a new transfer window opens, the bigger (professional) teams come and offer my best players semi pro contracts, meaning I have to build my squad from scratch again. Every time a club comes to pick a player away I get no compensation. As I am the only amateur club in the division and I have a low rep, it's almost impossible to sign Icelandic players on amateur contracts, or they have to be truely crap players.

So I thought, I'll go check out the amateur players in the other countries. I've also got the Finnish and Belgian lowest leagues loaded, and there I encounter an even bigger problem. More players are willing to make the trip to Iceland, however, every time I try to sign a player who's contracted at another amateur club, the system says I will be due € 5.75k in compensation?? Seeing as my club is amateur, there is no transfer budget so I can never spend that kind of amount.

Does anybody know something about this? Is this a rule Belgian and Finnish football associations have enabled to protect amateur teams and has the Icelandic association deemed it not necessary?

Or could this be a bug that it isn't enabled in Iceland? Because that would've cost me about 120k by now. :)

Edit: Just found out I have to pay the compensation too if I try to sign from an Icelandic amateur club. This doesn't make sense, how come I don't receive these compensations?

I don't know if that makes alot of sense...

Also, last season I signed more than 20 players, alle of them coming from amateur clubs, I had to pay € 55 2 times, that was it.

well in all fairness you didnt say that in your op, the way it sounded was that you always had to pay it.

You might not think it makes alot of sense but thats how it works in other sports. Players can move for free to sign a professional contract but if another amateur team wants them they need to pay a compensation fee.

I think I found it.

When the player is up to 23 years old, you're due a compensation. When he's older, you're not. It has nothing to do with homegrown though, wich makes it a bit weird...

So if I filter out the 23 and younger ones out, I shouldn't have any problems.

With homegrown I ment home trained. If an amateur club signs a 22 year old player and I sign him from them I have to pay. If an amateur club trains and develops a player from 16 to 24 and then I sign him, I don't have to pay. It's purely age based wich seems a bit dubious to me, why would the club in my first example deserve a compensation?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the official article:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2ABX/is_1-2/ai_n42367136/

The compensation is divided among all the clubs that have contributed to the players development.

And appearantly my youngest signing from an amateur club was 27 last year.

So after all it all makes sense. :)

Hrm, I'm not sure that's the final answer. In my current save I'm playnig as a semi professional team in Finland. When trying to sign a 29 y/o player on amateur contract I had to pay the compensation. Same thing with other players above the age of 24. Actually, for all players, regardless og age, that I've tried.Now, this is the first season and most players don't have any history, so that could be the reason. Actually all players have 'trained in nation', there only exist 4 players with 'trained in club' status on amateur contract - all four are players that I sold (for nought) in the transfer window. In total, I'm only able to find 8 players with 'trained at club' regardless of their contract type - all are players that I've released in the currect transfer window. This is really weird.

Archived