••• FM 2011 Commentary Pack V6 •••

••• FM 2011 Commentary Pack V6 •••

Current version: 6

Released: Tuesday 2nd August 2011

New lines added for this release: 150

Version 7 release is scheduled for: Thursday 1st September 2011

New lines added for Version 7 (so far): 0

What is this?

This pack replaces the original ‘events’ file in FM 2011 with changed commentary lines that display at the foot of the screen on match days. It’s an on-going project which has the ultimate aim of replacing the original lines that are provided with the original Sports Interactive FM 2011 game.

What language(s) is it written in?

Currently, the pack contains English commentary only and it will not work if any other languages are selected for your game play. We would like to be able to issue the pack as a multi-language one but translating the lines is beyond our capability.

Will this work with earlier versions of Football Manager?

The short answer is probably not. The longer answer is that if you are using FM 2009 for example, the game can’t read the extra lines included in FM 2011. This might cause your game to crash as a consequence. If anyone would like the commentary pack adapting for earlier versions, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Can I suggest some lines for inclusion?

Yes of course you can, and please feel free to do so. We would ask that any submissions be kept clean and non-racist or offensive in any way. Also, try to avoid events that may be happening in the real football world today as, whilst they may be apt and funny now, they will quickly become outdated and inappropriate.

Does this mean I can’t ask for “They think it’s all over” for example, to be added?

Something of this nature is different and has to be considered a classic football quote so yes, this kind of thing would be okay to submit.

Please bear in mind though that, owing to the structure of the events config itself, it may not be possible to include some suggestions. As an example, asking for lines that relate to the start of the second half are not possible as there are no original lines for this in the game. Generally speaking, we can only change lines, not add them if they don’t already exist.

Do I have to start a new game to use this?

No you don’t. Once you have it installed, all you have to do is load up Football Manager and the new lines will show up.

Do I have to install any previous updates first then this one?

No you don’t. Each update includes all the previous ones so you only ever need to install the current version available to use the pack.

Sounds good, where can I get it from?

You can download the current commentary pack from here:

Gamefront

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20626273/Events_Version_6_rar

Mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?hf059tyhbrw26jx

Sendspace

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dazkgx

Installation guide included

I've been getting some messages from users who have been pointing out that, for them, the Half and Full Time comments are too long. They'd rather just 'get on with it' and for some, the Half/Full Time comments have reluctantly put them off using the pack.

By contrast, I've had equal praise over the Half/Full Time comments and I've seen them referred to as 'genius'. So, the camp seems to be split down the middle regarding this issue and I didn't want to lean one way or the other on this as it would please some but disappoint others. So, I have produced two versions of the commentary. One is the 'regular' one with extended Half/Full Time comments and the alternate one - with shortened Half/Full Time comments - is available from here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20626276/Alternate+Events+Version

I hope this will go some way to appease both camps. Please note that, apart from the Half/Full Time comments, there is no difference between the two packs.

Additionally, and briefly, I've been asked if I'd include some or all of the original Sports Interactive commentary lines in future packs as some users miss them. Well, it's up to you on this one. Should I include them or not? Let me know how you feel about it will you?

Never used this before but would like to give it a try.

Only one question mate, where do i put the files once downloaded?

Theres a guide whne you unpack the file you download.

Archived