A little Extra for FM 2013

One part of the game that has remained utterly pointless (in my view) is the wage for the manager- it doesnt matter if you earn £5 or £50,000 at the end of the day it serves no purpose. Kind of stealing from FM Live I know, but wouldnt it be a good idea to have like an ingame shop where you spend your managers wage on things like challenges, new skins for the game and maybe even be able to unlock the legends database adding players like Pele and Maradonna to the game.

Of course the currency would need to be based on team performance and balanced out so that harder achievements are more greatly rewarded than say a league win with Man Utd but I think it would be nice for the players that work hard to get tangible rewards for their work.

Just a thought and even if you dont agree i'd be interested to know what people think could be done with this part of the game?

The wage does have some meaning, so I've heard. Those on higher wages and longer contracts are more secure in jobs.

And the idea you have is very gimmicky, as others have mentioned. I already get satisfaction every time my team wins a trophy or exceeds my start of season expectations. I would hate this game if it went down the route of unlocking little things like that, it would seem as if they are aiming it at children.

I think actually, this is one of the better of those threads.

He's not asking to be able to buy cars or houses or something daft, he's saying that instead you could accrue a wage to spend on something insignificant like a new skin or a legends database from an SI store or something. You wouldn't be required to do it, it would have very little impact on those who don't like it, but it wouldn't be the worst cosmetic idea ever. It allows those people who are desperate to do something with their wages, but doesn't require everyone to be part of an RPG that they don't want.

He's not asking to be able to buy cars or houses or something daft, he's saying that instead you could accrue a wage to spend on something insignificant like a new skin or a legends database from an SI store or something. You wouldn't be required to do it, it would have very little impact on those who don't like it, but it wouldn't be the worst cosmetic idea ever. It allows those people who are desperate to do something with their wages, but doesn't require everyone to be part of an RPG that they don't want.

Sounds like it rewards you for choosing to manage Manchester United over Aylesbury United.

A wage in the regional divisions won't even get you a Curly-Wurly as a reward.

And for that reason, I'm out.

So you can spend you fictional wages on somthing already provided by the community and various other sites anyway?

I'm more curious if the wage you get affects your wage budget. I always take the lowest wage possible not to harm my clubs finances, but if it doesn't make a difference at all i might as well just take the highest, just to be greedy.

Imagine the possibilities people! You can build new stadiums from the ground up. Where do you want the subs bench? What to place in the players tunnel? How many showers in the dressing room? Firm seats or those that flip back?

Can't wait!! :D

/irony

Quite like the addition of total career earnings. But don't think we need anything more than that. It's Football Manager, not Sims Football

But unlockables would a step forward.

They already exist via steam so expect it to open up to boxed game sometime soon

Would actually quite like a season where I could play with a team of George Best / Raich Carter / Eusabio et all

As long as it was kept in the background then it doesnt do anyone and harm I guess

Sounds like it rewards you for choosing to manage Manchester United over Aylesbury United.

A wage in the regional divisions won't even get you a Curly-Wurly as a reward.

And for that reason, I'm out.

If curly-wurlys are up for grabs i'm all for it

I suggested that you could use your wages to hire agents who could negotiate jobs with other clubs. I think now it is so that you have to resign before you get a new job. If you have an agent he can scour the market and check which clubs are interested in you. And do deals that means you can see out your contract with your current club and then have a new club to manage when yor contract is out.

I suggested that you could use your wages to hire agents who could negotiate jobs with other clubs. I think now it is so that you have to resign before you get a new job. If you have an agent he can scour the market and check which clubs are interested in you. And do deals that means you can see out your contract with your current club and then have a new club to manage when yor contract is out.

Actually a solid idea for those who enjoy Journey man saves.

It really wasn't that bad an idea.

Everyone suddenly jumps right off as soon as he suggested that you could use your wages for something, even when it was TOTALLY unrelated to the TCM/FIFA Manager style of pointless frivolities.

Its a game, remember.

Easy to get into defence mode about stuff like this, like many of us have. If something like this was done, in-game shop where we can buy stuff after having such and such success it will only promote 'cheating'. And it has me twitching in fear of the detestable DLC crap that so many games are infested with now. "Pay £5 and you can get access to 2 new skins. Pay £5 and you get a new gaming database with legends based on the 1978 World Cup". Or something like that. I don't like it. It could take the game in a negative direction. Stick to what they do best instead. Keep it a proper football management simulator. Don't mix in EA (spit) 'features' and other stuff. I'm fine with having the accumulated earnings available in the profile. We don't really need more than that. Focus the attention on sorting out other features instead of implementing new ones like this which don't really add anything to the football management experience anyway.

But that stuff is ususally the preserve of DLC and not in-game freebies. They'll either cost £5 a pop, and be released once a month (like what Cibv 5 did with new civs and maps) to the detriment to the core game (ok there were far bigger problems with Civ 5 than DLC, but they didn't help), or they'll be so easily unlockable, or otherwise modded in (we've already got custom backrounds or databases from community effort alone) that it'd be pointless to ever spend your in-game money on them. This idea is even worse than the fortnightly "turn the game into FIFAManager" threads we get spammed with here.

And as regards the money, it a) as Kneco says affects your job security (along with other things), and b) affects the club's budgets and financial position. So as is it does already play an important part in the game, it's just not all that visible as you personally get nothing to do with it.

But unlockables would a step forward.

They already exist via steam so expect it to open up to boxed game sometime soon

Would actually quite like a season where I could play with a team of George Best / Raich Carter / Eusabio et all

As long as it was kept in the background then it doesnt do anyone and harm I guess

There's already one, just click this link.

Also Eusebio is spelled with an "e" not an "a". For one of the top ten players of all time, I'd have thought it'd be hard not to misspell it.

I ought to add that having gauged the reaction of a number of posters I never intended my idea to be a way of undermining or hindering the work done by the FM Editing or Skinning Community (which does a brilliant job). I would have rather have something that compliments the community rather than replaces it.

For what its worth I will NEVER support DLC for Football Manager- paying real money for small bits and pieces, absolutely no way. i dont but DLC as it is with my other games

Archived