Financial Crisis!!??

Hi,

I am AFC Wimbledon manager in 2017 and we are £500,000 in the red in Janurary, will I last to the end of the season or will I go into admin? Also are there any ways to make money during the season??

Thanks

What division are you in? I've been as much as 40 million in the red around Feb/March with Spurs, but all the TV, league prize money and season ticket sales wiped out the debt come August and I was back in the black comfortably. You make your money in the offseason so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Are the board saying anything in the monthly update? If you want to make some money now, arrange high profile friendlies and, obviously, offload players (even for free just to save on the wages). 500k doesn't seem that much btw.

The chairman will probably put a few small amounts in to keep you going, he might even restructure the debt with a loan. In fact, it is pretty hard to go into administration without trying deliberately.
tumblr_l4db2uew9A1qcpt99o1_400.jpg

Looks like something fun actually. Try to kill a normally very wealthy team. Barcelona and Arsenal always seem to get huge bank accounts. I imagine you have to quit all the seeder clubs (merchandise), offer everyone massive contracts+bonusses and invest a lot into players that are crap? And of course, not do well in the leagues to prevent high prize- and tv money.

Looks like something fun actually. Try to kill a normally very wealthy team. Barcelona and Arsenal always seem to get huge bank accounts. I imagine you have to quit all the seeder clubs (merchandise), offer everyone massive contracts+bonusses and invest a lot into players that are crap? And of course, not do well in the leagues to prevent high prize- and tv money.

You'll be fired in no time with the finaces still in good condition. That said, the long term damage might already be done, but my guess is the super rich/high rep clubs will allow the poor players to see out their deals, or massively reduce them when it's time to renew and generally try to re-build. In FM, getting a huge club into administration is probably impossible, you just be there long enough to see it through.

But hey, if you wanna go for it, how about start a thread and keep us updated, I'd be well impressed if you can pull it off.

haha I love the 'ruin a club idea'! but back to the point of the thread, I am a midtable championship team atm

How much are you losing every month? Are you within your wage budget? Did you spend alot of 48 months whilst selling for money upfront? Whats the difference between incoming transfer money versus outgoing every month?

That's what the AI is doing ;)

You'll be fired in no time with the finaces still in good condition. That said, the long term damage might already be done, but my guess is the super rich/high rep clubs will allow the poor players to see out their deals, or massively reduce them when it's time to renew and generally try to re-build. In FM, getting a huge club into administration is probably impossible, you just be there long enough to see it through.

But hey, if you wanna go for it, how about start a thread and keep us updated, I'd be well impressed if you can pull it off.

I think the best strategy would be to offer everyone new contracts all the time with max sign-on fees and while keeping the wage budget reasonably balanced, ruin the club with insane match, goal and landmark bonuses.

And that's why it's a challenge =D. How far can you go before you're kicked. I'll have a look into it in the near future.

I managed it with Atletico Madrid on FM10. Had a £180m-ish transfer budget and decided to buy all of the best players that would join, so made loads of offers with transfer payments of 48 months and high wages to everybody so they'd join. It went well for a couple of seasons, but even winning every competition left us over £250m in debt.

I've not been lucky enough to see a team go into Administration on Football Manager- Being a Plymouth fan, I'm just wondering, how realistic is the Administration process? Like, can teams be liquidated and stuff like that?

I've not been lucky enough to see a team go into Administration on Football Manager- Being a Plymouth fan, I'm just wondering, how realistic is the Administration process? Like, can teams be liquidated and stuff like that?

No they cant due to legal reasons if i remember rightly.

No they cant due to legal reasons if i remember rightly.

Thanks for clearing that up- It would be a lot more realistic, if the possibility of Liquidation was there. However, fair play if Legal Reasons prevents this.

I'm currently losing money as Hayes & Yeading in the 2nd Season, in the Football League. We are nearly 500k in debt, way over budget [my fault really] and will be screwed if relegated. Hopefully, our owner is a nice man...

A bit more info would help. What league are you in? If your in the Premier League then obviously it wont be a problem.

It can be a problem i went into administration with Luton in the premiership.

Before we went into administration i got a message saying the club restructure debt twice within a week or 2

i was 100k red with my Redditch side in blue square and chairman pumped in 150k loan, tho i didnt see it being paid back anywhere on my finance screen

have seen quite a few get 10 points and administration from AI teams tho so im not sure tbh,

Before we went into administration i got a message saying the club restructure debt twice within a week or 2

please dont try to worry me! my debt with luton in the premier league is around the 12m mark at the moment and im only in november. already got plans to offload some of my high earners who dont play that much and got a new 25k seater stadium which i hope will give me a much better income.

meanwhile nick owen has been enjoying life at the club for around a year now. i could do with him deciding to go and seeing a new investor come in as long as they dont sack me!

I was responding to the OP's situation. Being 500k in debt in January is hardly a problem in the Premier League.

I don't see what legal reasons can be - the game is a simulation of fictional events, despite its initial fact basis. Bournemouth or Yeovil going bust in 2040 isn't going to upset anyone other than the same saddos that go around deleting music from YouTube.

Archived