FM 1980s

I know them lot across the park [Championship Manager] have done it but would love to see a watered down version of FM set in the 80s with all the correct players and transfers, etc. More for nostalgic reasons. I realise that most players would be too young to appreciate it but maybe it could be released through Steam on the cheap.

I would love to see it as the game as it would be legendary but realistically I cannot see S.I. following in the footsteps of Championship Manager just because they made an alternative football manager sim.

They would need to code the youth grads to appear correctly. Crewe would be a great game

That would require far too much work. That might be achieveable if they only coded in players that had PA 175+.

mrdorf is a liverpool fan and wants to go back to when Liverpool last won the league.

You are talking out your Ar*se aren't you? Never ever mention to an Everton fan that he supporters Liverpool, even if it's a joke...Ever! :p

cm have already released an 80s version of the game for the ipod touch, available for £1.99. just found out about it in 442 magazine.

I know. I refered to it in my original post. I haven't got an Ipod touch though.

Surely if CM can do it then FM can?

In an ideal world I would prefer a 1950's database with the most famous players set to debut in the future with minus PA's to add a bit of variation. Although this would never happen.

In an ideal world I would prefer a 1950's database with the most famous players set to debut in the future with minus PA's to add a bit of variation. Although this would never happen.

i'd prefer a 1940's version with england international tommy lawton playing for notts county in front of crowds of 40-45,000 in the fourth division!!!!! really wish i'd have been alive to have seen that !!!

I'd rather they concentrate on producing the current FM's.

As a 14 y/o I couldn't really care less for a 80's version though tbh, not anywhere near as much as you lot anyway.

it's just nostalgia mate perhaps when your'e 35 like me and playing a future fm you might pine for an fm11 database!!!

im 27 so i dont remember the 80s either but i always remember growing up and loving to watch romario and roberto baggio. later on matt le tissier and zinedine zidane were the 2 i loved to watch. no doubt in 10 years time arsenalfan7 will look back and remember how good ronaldinho and xavi were/are in their peak.

SI have this thing where they like their game to be accurate and good.

CM is not held back by such thinking...

im 27 so i dont remember the 80s either but i always remember growing up and loving to watch romario and roberto baggio. later on matt le tissier and zinedine zidane were the 2 i loved to watch. no doubt in 10 years time arsenalfan7 will look back and remember how good ronaldinho and xavi were/are in their peak.

While yes that's true I, unlike him can just return to FM11 and admire Xavi etc ;)

While yes that's true I, unlike him can just return to FM11 and admire Xavi etc ;)

By the time you really start to miss the players of your youth it will be Football Manager 2042. You won't want to play FM11 then because in FM42 it will be like the holodeck on star trek.(nerdy reference but true)

SI have this thing where they like their game to be accurate and good.

CM is not held back by such thinking...

I don't for a minute think anything like this will ever happen, I just like to day dream about bringing Puskas to play for my team.

It would be great if it was done but probably impossible. I was looking around for an 80's database somewhere but closest I could get was a Legends one. I would love to go back to 1985 and manage The Hammers when we were actually quite good. McAvennie and Cottee up top rather than Carlton Bleeding Cole!!!!

Archived