What do you do when the enemy hates you being an FM warrior???

Run a bath each night for her - that gives you 45 minutes a night.

Load up the game on her own laptop - my missus quite likes to play the game too on odd occasions.

Does she like soaps or regular TV programmes. Moan about those for a week or two and suggest that when she watches them you get to play FM?

If she likes computer games, buy her Civilization IV, that'll keep her occupied forever ;)

If she doesn't download a whole season of True Blood, some Houswifes or whatever and put her in front of the tv.

I do the latter.. Same when I have to play poker..

suggest to her that you want spice up your love life and you want to tie her up

so she'll now let you tie her up, when this is done you can play fm as much as you like

Probably only get away with it once though! Although she may go and stay with the mother in law and then that's more FM time. Genius!

suggest to her that you want spice up your love life and you want to tie her up

so she'll now let you tie her up, when this is done you can play fm as much as you like

That's my backup plan. Not so much that I'll be able to leave her tied up but the suggestion that wanting to get fruity normally leads to the strongly worded suggestion that I go play on the computer and leave her alone :D

That's my backup plan. Not so much that I'll be able to leave her tied up but the suggestion that wanting to get fruity normally leads to the strongly worded suggestion that I go play on the computer and leave her alone :D

the missus: "You think more of that damn computer game than you do of me!"

you: "finally..."

Monday night = eastenders/corrie for 1.5 hours, get her into all the other crap soaps and you are bound to get at least 1 hr free a day. Bizarely they also like to watch it all again on the Sunday omnibus editions

Why not multi-task? Yes, we men can do this!

By multi-tasking I mean do her and FM at the same time...

If you get her into the doggy position, you can rest the laptop on her back.....be careful if you are pulling out ;)

Monday night = eastenders/corrie for 1.5 hours, get her into all the other crap soaps and you are bound to get at least 1 hr free a day. Bizarely they also like to watch it all again on the Sunday omnibus editions

HA i completely agree! Why do they do that?! Strange creatures.

LOL, they are strange creatures!! Don't use find sometimes with the soaps they want you to sit and chill with them and watch them. But we love them right? I've made some mistakes with mine i.e. endin our relationship for 4 month as I actually couldn't cope with her moaning about FM etc amongst other things. But hey you realise 4 month down the line i'm 29 was with her 5 years what a dick I have been! I was lucky she felt I was worth waiting for!

Short Term: Have a baby, and agree that you will take over at around 8:30 so she can have enough rest before the next feed. Then put said baby to sleep, and enjoy FM until whatever time you feel you need to sleep.

Long Term: Play FM with said baby now it is bigger.

A plan with no drawbacks.

Short Term: Have a baby, and agree that you will take over at around 8:30 so she can have enough rest before the next feed. Then put said baby to sleep, and enjoy FM until whatever time you feel you need to sleep.

what if the baby is a girl? I then foresee the mrs and daughter moaning cos OP is playing FM...

You don't have kids do you?:D

Hello all... Just joined today! One of the greatest questions of all regarding women and our kingdom the kingdom of electronic gaming! First of all some great comments above! Credit where deserved to the starter of this thread! Noticed your comment about ending your relationship for numerous months, that takes balls to admit you love someone and resolve your differences! Hate to say it but women moan end of story and the sad thing is they have every right to! We all make the mistake of neglecting them with FM from time to time! Resolve your differences I say.... No game is worth losing her for. Now down to business, i've some great tips to ensure life with the Mrs is bliss and so is our electronic gaming time!

1. The soaps - Yes there a tricky one, someone above said they want you to watch them with you. Well whats her fav? Emmerdale, Coronation street, Eastenders? YES I do know them its our duty to. Well heres the trick you play FM whilst the first two are on? then turn it off and watch Eastenders with her. COMPRAMISE. As for Sunday repeats thats our time hands down!

2. We love FM what does she like doing? Make sure she gets her own stuff to do, gym etc? Not suggesting she's fat, thats another story in itself!

3. Get two laptops - biggest row in our house is she always wants to use it soon as I pick it up. So I solved that 1.

4. Get a wii or something for the spare room, that way she can enjoy her own gaming time.

5. YES defo start a family, come on anyone on here at the age of 27 or more should be growing up a bit now. Women want us to have responsibility and as much as we are all still SPRING CHICKS ourselves we are going to have to make a commitment one day! A baby gives us spare time when she is resting as suggested above.

6. Remember to make time for her, playing FM every night is taking the **** (Come on we all know it). We are all guilty of it I know it! AND say sorry. They appreciate that. = less moaning.

7. Get a pet, i.e. a dog let her walk the dog whilst your on FM. If its a pup she wont question it once! Bonus points are she will see it as a comittment (Easy get out clause for now guys).

Big tip though no offesnse to the starter - But ending your relationship in the first place because of electronic gaming - NOT cool!

Credit to you Blacknight, whats your story behind your break-up? All down to moaning and electronic gaming? It takes a credited man to admit compramise and stick at a relationship! If you have been together more than a year surely its for life!? Granted you might have up's and downs like your split but use always sort stuff out!

LOL, they are strange creatures!! Don't use find sometimes with the soaps they want you to sit and chill with them and watch them. But we love them right? I've made some mistakes with mine i.e. endin our relationship for 4 month as I actually couldn't cope with her moaning about FM etc amongst other things. But hey you realise 4 month down the line i'm 29 was with her 5 years what a dick I have been! I was lucky she felt I was worth waiting for!

Congratulations Macca - I'm curious regarding this thread - I will add no offense again to Blacknight the starter, but have you yourself now a father ever considered ending your relationship due to the moaning regarding electronic gaming? I just can't see why someone would give it up! Surely you can get through anything even if she is really doing your head in?!

And would you end your relationship because of this?

Run a bath each night for her - that gives you 45 minutes a night.

Load up the game on her own laptop - my missus quite likes to play the game too on odd occasions.

Does she like soaps or regular TV programmes. Moan about those for a week or two and suggest that when she watches them you get to play FM?

My theory is that they just cant help it! Women are strange as you say. The Omnibus is hands down our time though!! I reckon they don't mind as much at weekends though do use find this?

HA i completely agree! Why do they do that?! Strange creatures.

Credit to you Blacknight, whats your story behind your break-up? All down to moaning and electronic gaming? It takes a credited man to admit compramise and stick at a relationship! If you have been together more than a year surely its for life!? Granted you might have up's and downs like your split but use always sort stuff out!

How do, Dragonfly, yes I am shamfeful to admit that I was with the enemy for five years, she constantly moaned about FM and the Xbox amongst other things, to the point where my head was going to explode!!! Surely you know that feeling? So I lost our home I moved into my own FM pad for four month! However, I never stopped loving her and lucky for me she drove me mad still ringing/texting etc telling me how much she loved me and would make differences in our relationship. She hung on for me. Thank god. I finally did the right thing and met with her and sorted stuff out and just over four weeks on now things are better than ever! I'm sorry it took me leaving for that to happen but we learn from our mistakes don't we pal! I regret loosing that time of course! But when you love someone you sort it out in the end dont you!? Personally I think I just needed space before I took the plunge. No offense taken! I'm even thinking of popping the question at some point so i'm making up for "MY MAD ONE"

Congratulations Macca - I'm curious regarding this thread - I will add no offense again to Blacknight the starter, but have you yourself now a father ever considered ending your relationship due to the moaning regarding electronic gaming? I just can't see why someone would give it up! Surely you can get through anything even if she is really doing your head in?!

Thanks for the congrats - She has always moaned about it, and it was worse before we had the little one, but I stopped playing Saturday football a few years ago so FM is my lazy mans hobby!.

Things do change when you have a little one, so much of what would be classed as time together gets taken up with him. It's actually worked out really well (I bought her an iPad for when she's feeding etc) I do play much less FM on a weekend now, but make up for it with playing on an evening, and I do take the occasional day off if i'm in a great save.

Make a regen with the same name, she might see this as cute and you can say you play with the missus all the time!

This would work until you bench said regen after a bad performance. Can't imagine what would happen to you if you replace said regen with a younger one lol

Thanks for the congrats - She has always moaned about it, and it was worse before we had the little one, but I stopped playing Saturday football a few years ago so FM is my lazy mans hobby!.

Things do change when you have a little one, so much of what would be classed as time together gets taken up with him. It's actually worked out really well (I bought her an iPad for when she's feeding etc) I do play much less FM on a weekend now, but make up for it with playing on an evening, and I do take the occasional day off if i'm in a great save.

This post has got me thinking, lol, however, don't know whether it would be too soon after the break - up to start discussing this option!? I know it would make her happy but maybe too soon as of yet!? Think your right though, one of the biggest things I learnt whilst we were apart was that I had be very self absorsed with my gaming. Sometimes you have to grow up a bit really, and find other ways to play still. Am I right?

Haha I've had some experience in this matter, I solved my problem by installing FM on my laptop so i can still do stuff like sit down and watch TV with her and whatever and still play every now and then. Just let her see your playing every so often so she doesn't think your looking at certain adult material and you should be fine ;)

I'm a gentelman i play football manager at work when my boss thinks im working ( buhahaha) at home i just exasperate here 1-2 hours playing heroes of newerth i ocassionally get the cold food so i have to order something cooked at work , but oh well i endure it like a man

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a gentelman i play football manager at work when my boss thinks im working ( buhahaha) at home i just exasperate here 1-2 hours playing heroes of newerth i ocassionally get the cold food so i have to order something cooked at work , but oh well i endure it like a man

One thing i've learnt from my mistakes is... YES we should take it like men. Are we that naive to think women wont do our heads in and that the grass is greener!? We all know it's not!

Archived