Suggestions for FMH2007

Boys at SI done good again. Since there is no official list of features yet i am assuming they are still working on it.

This gives us the opportunity to say what we would like improved or fixed. If its already been posted just say you would like it again... the more people that ask the more likely SI to implement it. Or if you don't want to see a feature say that too!!

Here's a little list of mine to get things started:

- Selling players is difficult... very difficult.

- Ability to loan players (i can't find the option)

- National squads - players play national games but you can't see them. I used to hunt through the swedish u21s for players!

- Tactics - i would like to be able to alter the tactics and set my own up. Kelly i know you can write this.

- Wage budget - love this feature in full FM. Makes the game a little more difficult.

- There is something up with players aging. They lose LOADS of pace.

- Free kick takers to stay even if they don't play! (IE the ordering thing from FM).

Boys at SI done good again. Since there is no official list of features yet i am assuming they are still working on it.

This gives us the opportunity to say what we would like improved or fixed. If its already been posted just say you would like it again... the more people that ask the more likely SI to implement it. Or if you don't want to see a feature say that too!!

Here's a little list of mine to get things started:

- Selling players is difficult... very difficult.

- Ability to loan players (i can't find the option)

- National squads - players play national games but you can't see them. I used to hunt through the swedish u21s for players!

- Tactics - i would like to be able to alter the tactics and set my own up. Kelly i know you can write this.

- Wage budget - love this feature in full FM. Makes the game a little more difficult.

- There is something up with players aging. They lose LOADS of pace.

- Free kick takers to stay even if they don't play! (IE the ordering thing from FM).

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- Ability to loan players (i can't find the option) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on the 'transfer type' section when you make a bid and it changes the type between loan and transfer.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Willy Tull:

Sorry i was at work, meant to say "list players for loan". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to the player profile contract section - move to the right and you'll be over the 'transfer status' text hitting 'x' will transfer list the player.

Instead of doing that bit 'down' and you'll go to the 'loan status' text, hitting 'x' now will loan list the player.

Hope this helps,

Marc

Hi all.

After playing FM2006 handheld for a while now, can i list a few suggestions for the update:

1. crowd sound while match is being played.

2. call back loaned players while in mid-season

3. 2D match engine or is this asking ask too much?

4. send messages to the media about players/match performance

5. tell off players for continual poor performances

6. flexible formations i.e move players to different positions

7. match report, to be viewed only after the game.

what u reckon guys?

I think 'wage budget' is a critical feature.

At present, the board sets a maximum wage and as far as I can tell so far there's nothing stopping me paying all my players that much.

It would add a lot of depth if instead there were a TOTAL wage budget, and you had to decide whether to pay big money to a few stars or have a more balanced squad. The present system gives me no incentive to negotiate player salaries, really - if I can afford their request then I may as well pay it.

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly love the game. Its my first footie manager game sice Palyer Manager on the Amiga by Anco and Dino Dini!!! Its been too long!

Firstly bugs:

Signing a player, cencelling the transfer - player is always as "Fut" and cannot re-sign

Sign a player were you have to pay compensation (young player) - wages agreed, is not the wages he ends up with - normally gets more

Signing a foreign player outside window - no need for work permit

Improvements:

Loan players - call back, stop from being cup tied and dont allow the player to play against me for his loan team

Reserve team

Start of game and half time talks

Abilty to sell player at a discount. Nothing is worse than having an expensive player who doesn't peform and listing him with no offers. Yet other clubs state "Joe Bloggs for sale, Mr Smith wants about £1,000,000 for him"

Budgets set by the board in terms of wages

Board putting pressure on manager to sell if the squad gets too expensive

Ability to loan a goalie outside window if all goalies are injured / suspended

Dialouge with players e.g. You've been a good boy or buck yer ideas matey!

Inclusion of Prescot Cables!!!!

Techie improvements:

As far as I am aware the PSP is not that far behind the PS2 in terms of it power (please correct me). So although it may not be a PC, it still is a quite powerful bit of kit. The main problem I see is the storage - UMD is 1.8GB compared to DVD's at 4.7GB and 8.5GB. My question to SI, is would this work:

FMH2007 is sold with the statement that a mem stick with 1GB free is required. UMD contains 100MB (approx) of compressed code and the first time the game loads, the compressed code is uncompressed onto the mem stick - meaning we should have about 2.7GB of code (1.7GB on UMD 1GB on stck). This should allow for more features and make the battery last longer as mem stick access is less expensive. If the user deletes these files, then the game will put them back on. I know this forces people to buy a big mem stick, but to me its just like a PC game demanding a certain amount of memory or graphics card.

Would this work and would it help?

Re: loaning goalkeepers outside the transfer window...

I have taken players (of various positions) on loan outside the window several times. I believe the manual specifically states that clubs can loan outside the transfer windows, even though the AI clubs never, ever do it.

(I don't have my manual with me to check...)

The ability to connect to a printer via the USB port and print out the league table would be great.

Either that or some other way of being able to print out content would be welcome. icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Man U Rob:

I personally think it would be great if u could make yourself in the game and be a player and a manager. Wot u think guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Firstly love the game. Its my first footie manager game sice Palyer Manager on the Amiga by Anco and Dino Dini!!! Its been too long! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you're enjoying the game icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Firstly bugs:

Signing a player, cencelling the transfer - player is always as "Fut" and cannot re-sign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed for FM2007 - apologies for this slipping into last years version.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sign a player were you have to pay compensation (young player) - wages agreed, is not the wages he ends up with - normally gets more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Signing a foreign player outside window - no need for work permit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Techy stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest the storage media isn't at all the problem with putting a management game on the PSP, 1.8Gb is a HUGE amount of data and as such that side of things is fine - the challenge is the limited processing power (compared to a PC) and memory (again compared to a PC).

With regards to memory unfortunately the memory stick is too slow to use as a virtual memory device and supplement the PSP's limited internal RAM (32Mb of which 20 odd is actually usable by a game) ... believe me its something we've thought about icon_wink.gif

PS> I'm afraid I can't talk about FM2007 features yet .... impatiently awaiting the go ahead from the marketing people with regards to that side of things

Archived