Valencia Mestalla

Two questions/

A. Can Valencia Mestilla get into league football? It seems a bit pointless sending my youngsters I don't have room to register in the first team there if they're just going to be doing nothing.

B. Can I arrange any training for these players at Valencia Mestilla? I'm not sure I'm keen on some poor manager arranging the training which will develop these players.

yes they can be promoted into a playable league if you have the second division loaded, although it will be almost totally random when they do get promoted. I dont know if they already share training facilites with you or not, but you cannot send them anywhere to train, you could move them to your main squad if it was a concern.

what you can do is similar to starting defuge's challenge, save just before the leagues load the next season and re-load over and over until your team comes up. I think maybe sending good players to the team will also increase its rep and thus increase its chances of being promoted but again its not a certainty.

what you can do is similar to starting defuge's challenge, save just before the leagues load the next season and re-load over and over until your team comes up. I think maybe sending good players to the team will also increase its rep and thus increase its chances of being promoted but again its not a certainty.

Thank you for your help :)

I have tried to do what is suggested here with the Las Palmas At. which is in the Third Division Group 12. I changed their reputation to 5000 with FMRTE (national) in 2014, and they still haven't been promoted. I have re-loaded for that purpose dozens of times, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Yeah, you won't be getting them to the Segunda (Adelante) in this year's game, I just checked and for 2010/2011, they're in the 3rd division, so you'd have to load the 2ndB leagues as well to get them in a playable division.

However for 2011/2012 they are in the 2ndB so it will be possible to get them in the Segunda in FM2012.

Yeah, you won't be getting them to the Segunda (Adelante) in this year's game, I just checked and for 2010/2011, they're in the 3rd division, so you'd have to load the 2ndB leagues as well to get them in a playable division.

However for 2011/2012 they are in the 2ndB so it will be possible to get them in the Segunda in FM2012.

I got the second division B leagues loaded.

I got the second division B leagues loaded.

The multi-massive-reloading grind should eventually work then. Of course you're playing for a year first.

Personally I find that keeping a B team in the Segunda is a hard job, some players do not respond well to being at a small club, and you cannot give any high profile players down for too long (due to happiness and training problems), but usually putting your better youngsters in the SegundaB is a good idea, just after they are too good for the youths but not ready for full competition yet. Usually your B team will be good enough to stay up (just buy in a few older players who'll do well at that level to complement your youngsters).

The biggest problems I have with B teams is that a) if you let the AI manage they will buy in useless players and pay them big money, while having youngsters with litterally twice the stats mouldering in the stands. They may have better mental or hidden stats, but the point is not to win games but to give experience; and b) if you set up your own manager to compensate for a) he'll get crucified 6 months in on the wages costs "being too high" alone, and no matter how successful will probably be sacked quite quickly, despite the reality being that it's the same club and wages being paid by the senior team.

Archived