Heroes and Villains...

This thread is for those players who for some bizzare reason, reached cult hero status, or became a figure of hate for the fans. There are defining characteristics, or hilarious moments that make fans take a shine to, or a serious dislike to, their on-the-field counterparts. So, feel free to post your clubs heroes and villains, and the reason or moment in time they gained their status!

Sponsored by Gary Penrice

i remember in fm 2009 with mancity 3rd season i think it was ... in januart i bought messi for a load of $ and after a few average games he was injured for a really long time...then he recovered around start of may...at the time it looked to be a waste of money but then i had the CL final against Barelona ...down 1-0 at 80 minutes...then messi scores a wonderfull solo effort and a freekick he somehow took with freekick taking 13...and messi was from then on worth the transfer fee xD

IRL - Mario Balotelli - Mad as a hatter and inspiration behind my forum name! haha

FM11 - Pablo Zabaleta - went on a crazy run of picking up 3 red cards one after another! (after serving his ban for the previous ones!) One of which got me knoced out of the FA cup quarter final as he gave away a pen in the 86th minute! So yeah he became a little figure of hate for me for a while!

On my current save Suso is quickly becoming a hero for his performances that have seen him dismantle a number of premier league clubs at the age of 17!

However, I've just had Reina come back from injury and whilst he was out both my second and third choice keepers played terribly and have got to be considered the biggest villains at the club.

James Forrest (of Celtic IRL) became a cult hero for my Chelsea team in my current FM save.

I signed him on loan in the first season because I needed cover at AMR and he was young and had potential according to my scouts. He did quite well in his first season, and as I had an agreed price of just £2.5m, I figured I'd sign him permanently. He never made it as first choice, and my coaches reports continued to downgrade his ability from a potential of 3.5 stars, to eventually just 2 stars. Nevertheless, the fans loved him. He became a club icon because he scored important goals off the bench, and scored not one, not two, but five fluked crosses that somehow made it into the goal. Never injured, never sent off, just always there when I needed him

He eventually left the club after 7 years for £9m to Man City (a very good price for a player who was mainly played for sentimental value). At City, he's played exactly the same role, never first choice, but always dependable. A fine cult hero on my save.

On a previous FM, I signed Samaras for my Sunderland team fighting relegation. He couldn't score a piece of card until the last game of the season, away at Chelsea, needing a win to have any chance of staying up. 5 mins to go and it's 0-0. Super Samaras comes off the bench to score twice and keep me in the premier league! His only 2 goals in 24 matches, but now I have a bit of a soft spot for him.

Conversely, I managed to sign Aliadierre for Barnsley on a free at the start of FM11. He was filling the onion bag every game and shot be up to the dizzy heights of 4th by Christmas. He then decides he doesn't like living in Barnsley, and goes in a strop. He demands a transfer but I refuse, only for him to get sent off 2 games running having not even been booked prior to that! I decide to sell him in January, but the little @#$! jumps ship to..... Burnley! Couldn't stand living in Barnsley, but Burnley will provide all that he wants in life!

On an old FM, back when Coloccini was at AC Milan, me and my brother were playing and he bought him for 5M for roma i think, saying how great he was and so on but i didnt like him. He went to the pub later and told me to carry on, whilst he was out and i was managing his team coloccini got sent off twice in a row and scored an own goal, i got so annoyed with him that i sold him for £0, my brother came back and i told him what happened, he wasnt happy to say the least. Between us he attained a cult status of hate for what happened.

We're both newcastle fans, so we had a good laugh when we found out he signed for us in real life!

I hate Alex Ferguson in RL and on the game. All he seems to ever do is chat crap about me to the media -.- Considering I am a 28 year old manager (on the game) and he is like 60, it counts as bullying

oohhh someone bitter and jealous by any chance?

My oldest and supposed worst player, Mouhamadou Diaw, just reached Icon status with Hereford after being voted Fan's Player of the season for the 3rd season running... It's the first time I've ever seen one of my players reach icon status so I'm particularly pleased :)

Archived