Free Transfers need to be more balanced

In Football Manager Sports Interactive need to increase the competition for free transfers in comparison to real life to make the game balanced.

In real life singing free players relies on contacts, but having an extensive database means you can sign half a team of free transfers and sell the old fringe players for a huge profit easily, plus sell the excess free signings in 6 months.

Free players should demand very high salaries, more clubs should be interested, making higher offers and players should be pickier where they go.

As Rangers in Scotland I have managed to build a CL competing team using this free transfer tactic by season 2 and a half. Ridiculous.

Unless free transfers are made less overpowered doing well at the game hinges on this boring tactic.

Make free transfers less OP and more expensive!

Hm, some interesting points made- But in a lot of Lower League Saves I play, I am generally relying on the Free Transfer. Without it, my squads would be down the *******, no questions asked. Its very common for a Lower League Club to release the services of many of its players, and I certainly don't think there are too many.

As Burton I had signed like 74 players and the max I payed was 150k for a player, 7 seasons in the game I think. The combined total was well less than 1 million where as sold revenue was considerably higher. Yes, there are lots of top quality free transfers you can sign which is a bit silly, but as the post above mine states, playing in lower leagues really forces you to use the free transfer system. Epecially if your team has naff budgets so you actually can't buy people, it was my 3rd season in the championship when I was finally given money without having to raise it through sales. That was the 8th season into the game.

In Football Manager Sports Interactive need to increase the competition for free transfers in comparison to real life to make the game balanced.

In real life singing free players relies on contacts, but having an extensive database means you can sign half a team of free transfers and sell the old fringe players for a huge profit easily, plus sell the excess free signings in 6 months.

Free players should demand very high salaries, more clubs should be interested, making higher offers and players should be pickier where they go.

As Rangers in Scotland I have managed to build a CL competing team using this free transfer tactic by season 2 and a half. Ridiculous.

Unless free transfers are made less overpowered doing well at the game hinges on this boring tactic.

Make free transfers less OP and more expensive!

This line is not even close to true. It is not at all necessary to rely on free transfers

I actually think the problem is that human managers see and know about player's attributes with a sense of certainty that we don't have about players in real life. Try playing with the attributes hidden (there's a thread in the skins section of this forum) and you'll find it much, much tougher.

It is true that there is too little competition for signings, though. SI needs to find another way to balance AI squad building in relation to the annoyment factor of rejecting bids. Simply adjusting the programming behind the AI manager Signing Players attribute isn't sophisticated enough.

Archived