I Can't play This Game Anymore!!!!

I have a great tactic for my Leeds squad and got promoted in my first season of a new game 8.02.

I JUST cannot handle the amount of goals I concede from set plays particularly corners.

The opposition ALWAYS score from a corner and even if they miss they get another corner straight away and score.

I know it's a bug and it has been posted in their but it seems SI are going to do nothing about it.

It is driving me insane!

I have a great tactic for my Leeds squad and got promoted in my first season of a new game 8.02.

I JUST cannot handle the amount of goals I concede from set plays particularly corners.

The opposition ALWAYS score from a corner and even if they miss they get another corner straight away and score.

I know it's a bug and it has been posted in their but it seems SI are going to do nothing about it.

It is driving me insane!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by homerjnick:

It is driving me insane! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hardly ever conceed from set pieces. i can't remember the last time i conceeded from a corner even.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

i hardly ever conceed from set pieces. i can't remember the last time i conceeded from a corner even. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.

Using 8.0.2, using standard tactics (corners, set pieces never even looked at) and almost never concede goals in those situations.

One of my primary statistics in DC's is jumping and heading. If your DC's have good stats in those categories, they are very good in getting rid of high balls from corners and set pieces.

So I would not go as far as to say it's your tactics, but I can say: it is NOT a bug!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by homerjnick:

So pretty much default tactics with 2 guys on the line defending corners and i concede goals nearly every game.

Lots of others get it, my tactic?

Don't think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may not have the right people marking the threats. Also if they are scoring from the second ball then maybe you are closing down enough.

Your tactics in the build up may cause you to concede corners, you may be playing too defensively and inviting the other team on to you.

Homernick,

I am at work at the moment, so I can't explain what I did to get round this.

When I switched to 8.02, I conceded lots of corners and flick ons from free kicks. I changed my players instructions when defending these and i have not conceeded hardle any since.

What I have realised is that, you have to take set peices a lot more seriously now, other wise you will leak goals from them. But once you work out how to limit them, you can ignore it from now on.

So when they say it is your tactic, in a way they are correct, 8.02 means you can't ignore the defence of corners/freekicks.

Yes, the bug in scoring from high jumping/heading players challenging the goal keeper is a fault. luckily, the AI very very rarely does this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

Homernick,

I am at work at the moment, so I can't explain what I did to get round this.

When I switched to 8.02, I conceded lots of corners and flick ons from free kicks. I changed my players instructions when defending these and i have not conceeded hardle any since.

What I have realised is that, you have to take set peices a lot more seriously now, other wise you will leak goals from them. But once you work out how to limit them, you can ignore it from now on.

So when they say it is your tactic, in a way they are correct, 8.02 means you can't ignore the defence of corners/freekicks.

Yes, the bug in scoring from high jumping/heading players challenging the goal keeper is a fault. luckily, the AI very very rarely does this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Lambs,

Appreciate your answer.

When you get a chance if you can explain what you did to stop this I would be very grateful.

I find it's a different solution for different teams. As Leeds I seem to do okay with the default setting defending corners but with Newcastle and Villa I had a torrid time. Solutions to both these latter two were different.

I guess it depends on your players as well as your tactics.

Anyone who says this is a bug is clearly wrong, since so many people have got round it. Sorry, guys - it's a feature you have to pay attention to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eles Gergo:

then uninstall the game and use only 8.0.1 that works for me just fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too uninstalled and went back to 8.01. I personally don't have any bug related issues with 8.01, (not that i am aware anyway!).

As far as the corner thing goes, i did not have that effect me in 8.01 or 8.02 and i found i was scoring and conceeding LOADS of goals after upgrading to 8.02.

So i too was in the exact same boat as you, now playing 8.01 and loving it again.

I think the 8.01 version is the best version of FM yet, i really am astounded by the amount of moaning. Obviously the confidence could do with a bit of tweaking. But im now in 2014 which is the longest i have ever played a game of FM for so i think for me FM2008 has more right than wrong with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I thought the bug was that it is too easy to score from corners, not about conceding from corners icon_confused.gif

(Happy with 8.0.1 by the way) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its both ways, although SI seem to think that its just to do with this "exploit", when in fact the good old near post header is back again.

Archived