Tactics Creator Backwards Compatibility?

Thinking of creating a FM07 or FM08 save whilst I wait for the arrival of FM12 (which will hopefully regain my faith and get me hooked again)!

Just wondered about the backwards compatibility of the tactics creator settings, as I was thinking of trying to create some of my FM10 tactics creator tactics into FM07 or FM08 classic tactics files.

I realise most of the tactics creator settings are generally common sense and based on footballing ideas. However, I imagine the match engine on the latest version might have adapted to some of the settings maybe? Or perhaps I'm a little off with this idea?

Anyway, I think the tactics creator was originally developed for FML using the FM08 match engine, so I'm guessing backwards compatibility with that version should be fine with the majority of settings, right?

Has anyone tried applying tactics creator tactics to earlier versions of the game prior to the TC coming in? If so, how did it go?

I suspected as much.

But I'm also wondering how well the settings in general apply to any of the pre-TC games. Any experience of that people?

Well for one thing, any version pre-11.3 will have the defenders running back to their penalty area before actually starting to defend - it used to frustrate the hell out of me and I'm so thankful that SI finally fixed it. Other than that, I dunno? Perhaps you should experiment.. ;)

*sniggers*

Archived