What. The. Fudge.

What version of the game are you running?

There was an issue with 8.0.0 and to a lesser extent 8.0.1 where if you over achieved the board didn't recognise it and fired you. I was under the impression that this had been fixed for 8.0.2 though.

If you are running 8.0.2 then upload this into the bugs forum as i'm sure they will want to see it and hopefully board confidence will be fixed for 09.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Yea its a bug. Unfortunate, hopefully will be fixed for 09, or just removed completely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though I'll probably get banned for posting, seeing as I'm so controversial and all...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Yea its a bug. Unfortunate, hopefully will be fixed for 09, or just removed completely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though I'll probably get banned for posting, seeing as I'm so controversial and all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they let you know why they reset the post count mate?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

What version of the game are you running?

There was an issue with 8.0.0 and to a lesser extent 8.0.1 where if you over achieved the board didn't recognise it and fired you. I was under the impression that this had been fixed for 8.0.2 though.

If you are running 8.0.2 then upload this into the bugs forum as i'm sure they will want to see it and hopefully board confidence will be fixed for 09. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Though I'll probably get banned for posting, seeing as I'm so controversial and all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they let you know why they reset the post count mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOPE.

I emailed them, nothing, I wrote on my last thread but still nothing.

You would think it wouldn't really matter, but I had a count of about 1870 post which was reset for, what appears, NOTHING.

Now I'm back to square one.

I just, quite rightly, feel unfairly treated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

They are a bit inconsistent given how happy they are with the long term goals. But unless you get sacked for it, not the end of the world.

Anyway, what's the excuse for not being 1st? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, three teams in it, lost to one of them second to last and was fortunate that the other one lost their final match after I won (was very fun watching), really fun, this Swedish league, would never have guessed!

I remember once losing the away leg of a 2-legged Champions league tie, but winning the home leg and going through.

The board were "Happy" we got through to the CL Semi-Final.

Yet RIGHT UNDER that it said:

Despite the positives however, we are DISAPPOINTED with the loss away to (B. Munich or someone) in the CL quarter final (Even though we got through!)

What nonsense.

Did they let you know why they reset the post count mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOPE.

I emailed them, nothing, I wrote on my last thread but still nothing.

You would think it wouldn't really matter, but I had a count of about 1870 post which was reset for, what appears, NOTHING.

Now I'm back to square one.

I just, quite rightly, feel unfairly treated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Understandable.!

Hopefully they will let you know soon icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Alright, and it just got worse, after finishing the playoffs they are now 'dissapointed that the team only managed to fight bravely against relegation' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats just awful.!

I'm not saying it's not a bug but in all honesty, I am a hardcore FM-gamer but I have never experienced comething like this. The only thing I really hate about confidence is the fact that young players of around 16 years old who cannot play for the first team yet are always considered dissappointing signings by both the fans and the board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not saying it's not a bug but in all honesty, I am a hardcore FM-gamer but I have never experienced comething like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a bug. The whole confidence system is a bug.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not saying it's not a bug but in all honesty, I am a hardcore FM-gamer but I have never experienced comething like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a bug. The whole confidence system is a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very debatable. The likes of this show it's flawed, but hardly means it just doesn't work, I mean, it didn't affect him getting a new contract. Personally never had an issue with it, I won't argue that it needs tweaked though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did they let you know why they reset the post count mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They only do it for one of a few reasons:

Post boosting

Spamming

+1s

Actually they're all the same reason, so that's probably a good bet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did they let you know why they reset the post count mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They only do it for one of a few reasons:

Post boosting

Spamming

+1s

Actually they're all the same reason, so that's probably a good bet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless he was purposely spamming, (which I don't seem to have seen myself. But thats the mods job) - then they have no good reason to do so. imo.

Everyone, and I mean everyone in OTF is just a spammer. The mods, the Amatuers, the "Retired" the International Star Players..... so why are the post counts not all reset there?

All I've ever seen form Star_Man (With exception of 2 pointless threads in OTF) is helpful posts. And those 2 pointless threads fir in perfectly with how the rest of OTF seems to run. icon_confused.gif

One of the developers/SI people admitted that confidence bug is not fixed , because "it requires significant code re-work to be done".

They, also, mentioned that they don't want to dedicate that much time and work in it for 08, but they will "streamlined it for 09".

You can use search and find thread where that was said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Synergy6:

SO we've gone from "They only do it for one of a few reasons" to 'they do it "for a laugh"'. Seems rather irresponsible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mysterious forces are at work. But I don't want to rumble them, lest I have my post count reduced!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Synergy6:

SO we've gone from "They only do it for one of a few reasons" to 'they do it "for a laugh"'. Seems rather irresponsible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I thought when I read that comment.

Mods shouldn't abuse the powers that way.

Anyway, enough from me on the subject. It's up to the Mod to let Star_Man know why, and we're ruining the OP's thread here icon_frown.gif

Exactly what I thought when I read that comment.

Mods shouldn't abuse the powers that way.

Anyway, enough from me on the subject. It's up to the Mod to let Star_Man know why, and we're ruining the OP's thread here icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, which is a shame. But it does need discussing. We're all expected to abide by forum rules, but it seems we have mods abusing their powers. Although I'm not sure that is what explains this. Anyhow, if we open a new thread on this, it'll just get closed.

I managed to get Cambuur from the Dutch 2nd division into the Champions League.

The board repeatedly switched from being 'satisfied' to 'thinking you should be doing a little better'.

At the same time, the fans thought it was an 'aberration' that I had signed Danny Koevermans. I got him on a free transfer and he sits on the bench as backup for my striker who has 22 in 26.

Crazy Crazy Crazy Nights.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RavenVW:

I think this screenshot says it all:

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/Crimson_eos/?a...ew&current=wtf-1.jpg

Apparently, I don't understand the meaning of 'respectable'... is there an explanation for this? Or bug? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the most important question here is: Are you really called Raven?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vancity:

I managed to get Cambuur from the Dutch 2nd division into the Champions League.

The board repeatedly switched from being 'satisfied' to 'thinking you should be doing a little better'.

At the same time, the fans thought it was an 'aberration' that I had signed Danny Koevermans. I got him on a free transfer and he sits on the bench as backup for my striker who has 22 in 26.

Crazy Crazy Crazy Nights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had that aberration comment about signings. It's actually quite offensive and it shows that the game recognise why you buy players, especially when they are meant to act only as backup.

Yeah I hear you. What I find ridiculous is when I sign a 16-year-old of which a very good scout says:

"He has the potential to be a quality player"

The board and the fans say that he is a poor signing simply because he doesn't play. Of course he doesn't play, he's 16 years old.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Confidence = the reason I'm playing FM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's understandable.

One thing I will say is that if SI sort confidence out for FM09, and if the match engine stays as good as it is after 8.0.2, then FM09 really will be some game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KK2003:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RavenVW:

I think this screenshot says it all:

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/Crimson_eos/?a...ew&current=wtf-1.jpg

Apparently, I don't understand the meaning of 'respectable'... is there an explanation for this? Or bug? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the most important question here is: Are you really called Raven? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Yes I am.

Next question!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Very debatable. The likes of this show it's flawed, but hardly means it just doesn't work, I mean, it didn't affect him getting a new contract. Personally never had an issue with it, I won't argue that it needs tweaked though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but the thing is, the board are now disappointed with how I am running the club because of my abysmal performance in the league, and there were several news items where they 'considered my future', if the future ambitions wasn't so bright I doubt I would have even got a new contract

The board were disusted with me when I lost 5-4 (home) to premiership Wigan with my League 1 Barnet team (league cup 3rd round, they wanted me to get to the 2nd round). WTH?? and they scored the 5th in the 95th minute of an apparent 3 minutes of injury time, sometimes I just wanna rip the lead programmers head off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qpr_lad:

£150 per week icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic wage.

Alright, is this bug (with overachieving classed as underachieving) count with your manager profile? Because despite doing very well with Forward, no other team in the world will take me, and now my guy is simply sitting around, unemployed watching lower management jobs being given out to worse people.

And if you're wondering, the board fired me after I applied for a job, apparently they were already disappointed with my performance so they said I should move along if I'm looking for another team.

Archived