I feel robbed, how was this not offside???

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/hullvfelthamtvview.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/hullvfelthamtvview3.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/hullvfelthamtvview4.png/

Seriously do not see how the match engine didn't see that as an offside and to make things worse that goal made it 1-1 then i had to rely on an OG to make it 3-3

Well, that's still within the pitch and it's still a throw-in. And if he was out before, and the ref allowed him to get back into the pitch, it's perfectly legal.

Seriously, there should be MORE refereeing mistakes in the game, they're too perfect. There are some atrocious mistakes in real-life every other match. And we'd have 3 times as many funny complaint threads on these forums. :D

So if that's legal then i'm surprised more teams don't do it.

Just wondering if Wally13 has an opinion??

more teams dont use it because most teams are smart enough to cover for it, what you should have asked would be why no team pushes up to the half way line when the opp has a thrown in deep in their half, if you thought someone could be offside for one.

Not true. You can be offside from goal kicks and corners.

Encatuse is correct.

Besides the fact its virtually impossible to be offside from a corner as its taken from the byline its also in the rules.

This site summarises it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/football/rules/newsid_3632000/3632335.stm

more teams dont use it because most teams are smart enough to cover for it, what you should have asked would be why no team pushes up to the half way line when the opp has a thrown in deep in their half, if you thought someone could be offside for one.

I know you can't be offside from a throw in but my issue was fact he was off the pitch when the throw came in making him in my opinion inactive, just forgot to add that image in at the beginning, that's what i'm guessing i'm getting so much stick for.

Now i could be getting rules wrong (which if i am then yeah please slate me) but i was always under the assumption that if a player is off the pitch he is inactive and not allowed to be included the passage of play

Plus i shouldn't have said offside, as its not offside more him being inactive?

I know you can't be offside from a throw in but my issue was fact he was off the pitch when the throw came in making him in my opinion inactive, just forgot to add that image in at the beginning, that's what i'm guessing i'm getting so much stick for.

Now i could be getting rules wrong (which if i am then yeah please slate me) but i was always under the assumption that if a player is off the pitch he is inactive and not allowed to be included the passage of play

Plus i shouldn't have said offside, as its not offside more him being inactive?

It depends, if he fell off the pitch during a tackle or anything then no he is still active and can run back on to receive a throw in, as long as he does not delay coming back on to give himself an advantage. If he goes off for treatment then he is inactive and must be given permission to come back on the pitch by the ref otherwise he will be booked. Likewise if he leaves the pitch without being subbed or injured he can be booked. A player can be given permission to come back on the pitch at any time by the ref the ball doesnt have to be out of play or anything.

Why was he off the pitch? If he was taken off with an injury then he needs to wait for a stop in play and the referees okay to come back on. If he just stepped over the line then there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, your original post specifically made reference to offside. Nice backflip though, I'd give it a 4/5!

Also, it's worth pointing out that in neither of those pictures is he off the pitch.

It depends, if he fell off the pitch during a tackle or anything then no he is still active and can run back on to receive a throw in, as long as he does not delay coming back on to give himself an advantage. If he goes off for treatment then he is inactive and must be given permission to come back on the pitch by the ref otherwise he will be booked. Likewise if he leaves the pitch without being subbed or injured he can be booked. A player can be given permission to come back on the pitch at any time by the ref the ball doesnt have to be out of play or anything.

He was just off the pitch, nothing in match report to say he was tackled or getting treatment, i looked at how ball went out of play and it was cleared from my pen box then next thing he's just standing on touchline just moving about then gets ball thrown to him.

Maybe it just a cosmetic thing that happened then within ME.

He was just off the pitch, nothing in match report to say he was tackled or getting treatment, i looked at how ball went out of play and it was cleared from my pen box then next thing he's just standing on touchline just moving about then gets ball thrown to him.

Maybe it just a cosmetic thing that happened then within ME.

Can you find a picture where he is off the pitch?

Also, as mentioned you can wander off the pitch without being considered "inactive" and unless you basically wander off it doesn't really matter. Picture a players running into the hoardings etc.

Why was he off the pitch? If he was taken off with an injury then he needs to wait for a stop in play and the referees okay to come back on. If he just stepped over the line then there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, your original post specifically made reference to offside. Nice backflip though, I'd give it a 4/5!

Also, it's worth pointing out that in neither of those pictures is he off the pitch.

Yeah kind of didn't think it through and just put offside, i've added two more pics that forgot to add to original post with him off the pitch a few posts after, in both he half on but he was off pitch for no reason i can see or read in match report but they were best pics i could

Yeah kind of didn't think it through and just put offside, i've added two more pics that forgot to add to original post with him off the pitch a few posts after, in both he half on but he was off pitch for no reason i can see or read in match report but they were best pics i could

Well, then he probably just ran off the end during an attack of some sort it happens. In any case, in both pictures he was half on as you mentioned. Both the ball and players are only deemed to be out in a case that they are fully over the line, though for players it doesn't normally matter. The position of players is rarely important outside the offside law.

In summation you were not robbed, but hey... Have a good day!

And in BOTH pictures he was clearly ON THE PITCH. Yes only one leg but he was on the pitch. It looks to ,me that you have compained about something, realised that you havent got a clue about the rules and are now trying to back track.

And in BOTH pictures he was clearly ON THE PITCH. Yes only one leg but he was on the pitch. It looks to ,me that you have compained about something, realised that you havent got a clue about the rules and are now trying to back track.

You're being a bit harsh, but yes, it does seem like that.

Who cares, at least this has been answered! Let's all get back to enjoying football manager!

So if that's legal then i'm surprised more teams don't do it.

Just wondering if Wally13 has an opinion??

Im just going by screenies you provided not my fault if you dont know rules of football now at age of 27 :)

Well, then he probably just ran off the end during an attack of some sort it happens. In any case, in both pictures he was half on as you mentioned. Both the ball and players are only deemed to be out in a case that they are fully over the line, though for players it doesn't normally matter. The position of players is rarely important outside the offside law.

In summation you were not robbed, but hey... Have a good day!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/hullvfelthamtvview6.png/

Pic of ball getting cleared

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/hullvfelthamtvview7.png/

Him walking onto pitch

I cannot get him fully off the pitch properly as his legs are not moving at all, he just seems to be gliding down the touch line for some reason

You're being a bit harsh, but yes, it does seem like that.

Who cares, at least this has been answered! Let's all get back to enjoying football manager!

Its in no way harsh. More like the truth. If somebody wants to complain about the 'rules' and make themselves look stupid then thats up to them. It doesnt make me 'harsh' for pointing out the obvious, and also what everybody else is thinking.

You see so many threads getting created where people moan about this and that, and 99% are just the people venting their frustration and there is often a work-around. But in cases like this, it really makes my day when somebody moans and they really dont have a clue. The same thing with the European squad selection. People moan about 'the game being bugged because they cant continue' when if they actually knew the rules, there would be no problem.

And as already pointed out, if it was a child then fair enough, but a 27 year old:rolleyes:

On review of those images I can say the following.

It appears that as the ball went out he got in position to receive the throw in.

He at some point here run right onto the line, it doesn't seem as though he went out, though it is irrelevant as it would make no difference as the rules say nothing about it.

He received the throw in and crossed it in...

...to good effect for his team.

Im just going by screenies you provided not my fault if you dont know rules of football now at age of 27 :)

Lol i knew about the throw in rule and i did just make a mistake by putting offside in the title but my issue was with the ruling of being an active player and an inactive player which as now been cleared up for me as that i wasn't sure about at all

Lol i knew about the throw in rule and i did just make a mistake by putting offside in the title but my issue was with the ruling of being an active player and an inactive player which as now been cleared up for me as that i wasn't sure about at all

You didnt just put it in the title though did you. You also said it in the OP. If it was on your mind you would have mentioned it in your 'rant' in the op but you didnt. You only mentioned him being off the pitch when it was pointed out that you cant be offside from a throw.

Well i was't been funny at the start as i say i was just going by your screenies and in them theres nothing wrong with goal to me :thup:

Its in no way harsh. More like the truth. If somebody wants to complain about the 'rules' and make themselves look stupid then thats up to them. It doesnt make me 'harsh' for pointing out the obvious, and also what everybody else is thinking.

You see so many threads getting created where people moan about this and that, and 99% are just the people venting their frustration and there is often a work-around. But in cases like this, it really makes my day when somebody moans and they really dont have a clue. The same thing with the European squad selection. People moan about 'the game being bugged because they cant continue' when if they actually knew the rules, there would be no problem.

And as already pointed out, if it was a child then fair enough, but a 27 year old:rolleyes:

I don't think your being harsh, i've already admitted that i didn't know the rules about a player being active or inactive and that i just made a mistake about saying it was offside (as i assumed it would be as such for him being off the pitch) but i was just not thinking and put that in title for which yes i'm a **** but i wasn't venting just asking as to why it would stand

Let it go mate, you made a slightly embarrassing mistake, ranted about the game cheating you and have been called out. Just hold your hands up, admit you didn't know the offside rule doesn't apply from a throw in and move on.

Your rant.

Seriously do not see how the match engine didn't see that as an offside and to make things worse that goal made it 1-1 then i had to rely on an OG to make it 3-3

I know but not everyone knows all of the rules of football, especially not the offside rule.

Anyway its been cleared up nothing wrong except maybe an ME glitch.

Yes the new offside rules is fair enough. But this is a rule that has never changed. There is no excuse for not knowing it if your a football fan.

Archived