Must Respond - European team

Hi

I have got Leeds United qualified for one of the European competitions and it is telling me to pick a squad but I dont have 4 players who have trained at leeds during the required time period and it wont let me use an under 18. Is there anyway round this or has my weeks of effort getting a great squad together and getting them to this point been in vain?

You can just leave gaps in place of the locally trained players.

Provided you have enough decent young players you can get away with just naming a squad of 15, since under 21 players do not need to be registered.

yes do this^^^^^^^^^^

i have noticed it actually says something along these lines when you're in that particular squad choosing thing, or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

you can go on holiday and the assassint will do it for you

Why do people always say this? Its the worst possible advice. DO NOT HOLIDAY PAST IT. If you do, your assistant picks the squad and can sometimes leave out key players or players that you would want to include.

Why do people always say this? Its the worst possible advice. DO NOT HOLIDAY PAST IT. If you do, your assistant picks the squad and can sometimes leave out key players or players that you would want to include.

i dont understand why people keep giving out this advice also, there is absolutely no need for it!!!

just pick your best players and leave a gap or two!

Agreed. I tend to disagree with even the best assmen ( :D ) in the game - they'll always prefer to pick some useless old idiot rotting in the reserves and transfer listed, rather than a promising kid with a 7.7 average rating.

Agreed the holidaying thing is just terrible advice, I don't understand those who suggest it, when you can do as suggested and leave gaps if you don't have any/enough HG players.

Agreed the holidaying thing is just terrible advice, I don't understand those who suggest it, when you can do as suggested and leave gaps if you don't have any/enough HG players.

Holidaying may sometimes be the only option to progress past certain bugged features. I agree with you regarding player registration for the European cups though, as it is hard to think of a squad structure being so bad that you can't register 15 players.

I usually do the same. I tent to keep a small, young squad so a handful of my under 21s usually have to be registered to make up the 15.

In my current game (which is using the fake players), I've only 16 registered for the Champions League with Auxerre. I have quite a few more than this, but as they are mostly under 21 I just asked the ass man to register and then looked over to see that a) all the older players got in (just in case) and b) anyone I wanted out was not registered (in case I wanted to sell them). Basically all he did was pick the older players and then fleshed out the squad with homegrowns until he hit the 16 mark.

Archived