Getting The Playmaker Right ???

Hi I play a 4-3-3 formation with Arsenal with cesc fab (advanced playermaker, attack ) ,song (ball winning midfielder, defend) and wilshere (deep lying playmaker, support ).

However on my Team Instructions it has set Wilshere as the primary playmaker is that correct or should it

be Cesc Fab ?

Thanks...

Well, who do you want being your main playmaker? Set it to whoever you think will do the best job(I'd go for Fabregas initally, later in Wilshere's career when he's progressed, let him do it. If you've not checked the box, neither will be your main playmaker.

Though if I've got a team full of creative talented players(Like Arsenal do) I don't generally set one, why have one player doing all the the work when they can share. Seems to work for me.

Cesc would be a great playmaker. Just look out if the other team has a DM as he won't have much time on the ball. Maybe try switching to wilshire in that case.

Personaly i think Wilshires pace would be wasted in a deep playmaker. It's more for the Adrea Pirlo types.

The playmaker is the player that dictates the game - it doesn't make sense to have more than one playmaker IMHO.

I've never managed Arsenal but for what it's worth, I'd put Jack Wilshere in as box-to-box so while Fabregas rips the opposition defence and Song protects the back four, Wilshere does the leg work and joins in where needed.

IIRC Wilshire has two good feet and good pace/dribbling. I think he would be great on the wing/cutting inside if thats the case.

In one of my saves he came off the left wing to score a hatrick for england to knock my belguim side out of the world cup. Havn't forgiven him him for that yet.

100% depends on how you want to attack. If you want to hold possession deep in the field and counter, then the deeper player should be the playmaker. If you want to get it forward quickly and press high up the pitch, then the more advanced player should be the playmaker. The deeper playmaker is the easier role as it is far more difficult for the opposition to close him down, meaning he'll have time and space on the ball. An advanced playmaker needs to get the ball fed to him quickly or he'll have no space to do any damage.

Fletcher is a bit of a workhorse, think sir alex has been trying to upgrade that position but hargreaves didn't work out and carrick hasn't lived up to expectations. Roy Keane has been hard to replace.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived