Urgent Wage Help Needed, Mahoosive problem!

I finally got the job at Barcelona, no career had ever got me there in the past. Into my second year now, had a good first season, but Messi's contract expires at the end of this season. He is on £275k per week at the moment. When I try to negotiate a wage though, the maximum it will let me offer him is £215k! Despite the fact my remaining wage budget is over £500k after selling fringe players and asking the board for a bit more to work with. What on earth is going on? It is starting to look like Messi will leave on a free, how ridiculous is that!!!

He is obviously set as key player, I tried big signing fees, I even tried massive appearance fees to subsidise his wage up to what he wanted and even more but still won't accept, lowest he would take was £250k with a £100k appearance fee and £60k goal bonus! LOL but it won't even let me offer him that wage, where as it will let me offer the ridiculous appearance fee.

I can't see an option in the boardroom to ask them to let me give him more. I mean it's only an extra £25k off my wage budget to give him a pay rise, he would even accept the same wage he's currently on for a 3 year extension but still the board won't allow it.

Basically...what can I do!?

On top of that, for some reason, it won't allow the match highest earner clause even though even the wage I'm allowed to offer is a lot more than anyone else.

Problem solved, through a slight cheat, moved my entire budget into wages, offered him a contract, then changed it back. Though this is surely a glitch that needs to be looked at, surely you should be able to spend the wage budget you have first anyway.

Archived