Hello, I believe that SI should introduce more realism into the game, because at the moment there seams to be somthing missing. For example you could have games called off due to weather conditions or alogations of cheating and other reasons. If you have any suggestions on how SI could make the game more realistic please post them!

• SI Staff
Hello, I believe that SI should introduce more realism into the game, because at the moment there seams to be somthing missing. For example you could have games called off due to weather conditions or alogations of cheating and other reasons. If you have any suggestions on how SI could make the game more realistic please post them!

Matches being called off due to weather is something I'd definitely consider going forward HOWEVER I won't implement cheating or illegal activities in the game; this is simply a matter of principle with me as I want to concentrate on the positive aspects of football rather than the negative.

I don't think cheating or allegations of cheating has a place in FM. How could you take the game seriously if all your hard work was undone by the AI cheating. Enough people complain about the game when their tactics fail to work!

I also don't agree with matches being postponed. I don't see what purpose that would bring to FM.

I do think there is room for added realism through media interaction and transfer situations. I once posted an idea that suggested the way un-scouted players were brought to your attention could be added to the game.

Let's not forget that this is a lite version of FM and so the game is designed to have more of a pick up n play feel to it.

• SI Staff
I also don't agree with matches being postponed. I don't see what purpose that would bring to FM.

I've always quite liked it - especially a match being abandoned due to floodlight failure and suchlike, hasn't been in our games since CM01-02 but it was always kinda nice when it happened and you were losing .... or alternatively ranting about it to people if it happened when you were winning (but if I ever put it into FMHi it'll be VERY VERY rare).

Let's not forget that this is a lite version of FM and so the game is designed to have more of a pick up n play feel to it.

This is very important and the quicker gameplay and simplicity of style in FMH is something I definitely want to retain as it evolves :D

Something else that I think would add more realism to the game is interference from your chairman. I wouldn't say that this should happen at every club but we know that some chairmen, especially those that bring their mega bucks to the club, like to have a greater say on transfer and tactics policy.

Since we're talking realism, Lionel Messi in my game has somehow managed to get frozen out of the Barca side and shipped off to Madrid. He played liked the superstar he is in 11/12. Something went wrong in 12/13 and he hardly got a game. He then wanted to leave the club. Madrid bought him in 13/14 for £22.5m and now he's mainly warming the bench for Madrid who were already the best team in Europe with consecutive Champs League wins and arguably didn't need him. He's still only 27!! Very odd!! The club/player loyalty attributes seem to have gone awry.

Archived