Estimated Values Are Too Low?

Is there a bug with estimate values? Alot of top players in the world's estimated values are so low... hard to gauge how much you need to spend, until you enquire/

Is there anyway of correcting the values?

The 'estimated value' that you see isn't always directly connected to their transfer value. If a club really doesn't want to sell then they won't even consider a bid that is close to the 'estimated value'.

The best thing to do is to get a scout report and see what the scout says about a transfer value, this is likely to be a lot more accurate than the 'estimated value'.

I've always thought the 'estimated value' should be removed as it just seems to confuse people, mainly seems to be a combination of reputation, wage and contract length.

If it was removed, speculation/scout reports/etc over a player's potential sale price would be a lot more interesting and unpredictable.

They are indeed confusing, misleading and ultimately useless...

What's the point in having low estimated value (like 5M) if the AI will then come up with insanely high request (25M) for the same player?

Seriously, how are they calculated and how come they're so much lower than what AI will in truth expect us to pay? Why are even top players valued at an apparently reasonable (clearance sale!) price if the game puts a different pricetag on them?

Why can't the game use the actual transfer value instead?

Well, that would make it rather too easy!

I'd like to just see it replaced with reputation stars or something like that, and leave the press and scouts to speculate on actual transfer value. Take as an example someone like Mata at the moment, the speculation over fee has varied tremendously and I think that kind of uncertainty would bring a lot to the game.

I'd like to just see it replaced with reputation stars or something like that, and leave the press and scouts to speculate on actual transfer value. Take as an example someone like Mata at the moment, the speculation over fee has varied tremendously and I think that kind of uncertainty would bring a lot to the game.

The estimated value IS a representation of reputation, albeit with the contract added in.

I've always thought the 'estimated value' should be removed as it just seems to confuse people, mainly seems to be a combination of reputation, wage and contract length.

If it was removed, speculation/scout reports/etc over a player's potential sale price would be a lot more interesting and unpredictable.

Perhaps they should be left blank but after you scout a player and find out how much the club would be looking for to sell them that could become their estimated value. It would definetly make it more related to transfers than it currently is, right now i use it as more of a starting bid as clubs aren't likely to accept less unless a player is transfer listed or unsettled.

Maybe leaving it blank is a good idea.

It would mean you have to 'enquire' first. They could come back saying 10, you offer 7, and negotiations continue.

If they come back saying player is not for sale you know you have to offer a fair price.

The only issue would be until you 'learnt' roughly how much players are worth, you would either pay loads over the odds or never have a bid accepted as you're not offering any where near enough.

Also, est value is a good way to sort players in the search player screen. So when playing you don't have to search through Joe Public to find Lionel Messi.

They are indeed confusing, misleading and ultimately useless...

What's the point in having low estimated value (like 5M) if the AI will then come up with insanely high request (25M) for the same player?

Seriously, how are they calculated and how come they're so much lower than what AI will in truth expect us to pay? Why are even top players valued at an apparently reasonable (clearance sale!) price if the game puts a different pricetag on them?

Because there is a big difference between actual value, and value to the club. Andy Carrol is a great example, in no sensible world would he ever be worth £35M, but thats what Liverpool had to pay because of his value to Newcastle.

I think the post above sums it up quite nicely, it would be nice if the price was removed, but it would make the first few seasons of the game very difficult trying to learn. The values as they are give you a starting point for negotiations but should never be used as exact value of a player.

Leaving the price tag blank would be fine if the transfer system wasn't so unpredictable in the first place. It'd need a lot more work before having blank values, much like the argument for having attributes almost entirely hidden.

Andy Carrol is a great example, in no sensible world would he ever be worth £35, but thats what Liverpool had to pay because of his value to Newcastle.

I'm sure he's worth more than £ 35, wasn't it about £ 35 MILLION?

Though it's obvious that the "values" are nowhere near accurate, I think it's essential to the game to keep them as they are. It's not everyone that manages Barcelona and can afford to bring in any player they want. Managers of smaller clubs need these as a guide to be able to filter through players more easily. Sure, the search function may not be particularly realistic, but just leaving everything blank would just add another task to a game that is already becoming bogged down.

Andy Carroll is a prime example of the FM value system being fairly realistic. Most of the top players are so important to their clubs that they value those players more highly than the world of football in general. (For example, Arsenal holding out for 50 million for Cesc and Barcelona offering substantially less and the difference between Spurs' valuation of Modric and what Chelsea first offered). That said, they probably need adjusting slightly, the FM market hasn't kept up with the real world market as well as it should, top class players in their 20's and long contracts shouldn't have an estimate as low as 5-10 million at the start of the game (Hamsik, Oezil, Modric, Sanchez, Rossi, Busquest, Nani) nor should the elite established players be valued at 10-20 million (Sneijder, Higuin, Tevez, Ibrahimovic).

Archived