This irritates me more than anything else

On some screens I am able to sort by any column, add columns, etc, and on some screens I am not. Whenever I see the graphical field to choose my players, I can no longer easily choose among defending/attacking/technical attributes to be shown in the columns. Instead, I am greeted by the option to easily see their corner kicking ability. This is ridiculous because there are often 10 players injured and I don't know anything about the subs that are available, and I have to switch back and forth from the player list and tactical screen for no reason. Make all the columns consistent! And why can't I see them all at once? It's the year 2012 and I have a widescreen monitor for crying out loud! I'm not going to go through any more effort to elucidate this as it should be painfully obvious to anyone who has been playing this game for a while.

I appreciate that the pre-set views for the squad and tactics screens are different, but what is there that cannot be achieved by creating custom views?

edit: scratch that, I'm assuming you mean during a match. I completely agree, it is a pain losing the custom views there.

For example, in the middle of a match. There is no ability to choose columns, so it is very cumbersome to figure out what each player's attributes are without exiting the match, going back and forth and taking notes on a sheet of paper. This makes it hard to get to know a new team or fiddle with substitutes and formations in friendlies. Also on the staff screen under Information and the Contract Expiry Dates screen, you can't change anything. The Staff Search screen is also similarly annoying, not being able to see coaching attributes and mental attributes at the same time or choose custom columns. There might be a few other special situations that I can't name off the top my head, but there you go. I would love to have a column for comments that I could type in text as well.

Archived