Should I stay or should I go???

So I'm managing Nottingham Forest in their second season in the Premiership (third in total) and we're currently 18th and we're three points from safety.

I've twice been offered the Manchester City job (turned it down both times) and I'm being constantly linked with Aston Villa (who are 14th) and Spurs (who are 10th).

I've grown to love my team at Forest but I honestly don't know if I can cope with losing pretty much every game.

Just wondering, what should I do? Stay or go???

Had to make that decision with Maidenhead - I'd taken them from the bottom to League 1 and could have easily kept getting them promoted with a little work, but the board and finances to keep the club in a good shape just weren't there. I couldn't even afford to relay the pitch, regardless of how much money I'd bring in, it would all leak back out somewhere.

Jumped ship to Crystal Palace.

I'd leave. I took Hereford to the Championship with back to back promotions. My squad and infrastructure were nowhere near ready for it and after the first 7 games I took a step down to League 1 to a more established club and haven't looked back.

Had to make that decision with Maidenhead - I'd taken them from the bottom to League 1 and could have easily kept getting them promoted with a little work, but the board and finances to keep the club in a good shape just weren't there. I couldn't even afford to relay the pitch, regardless of how much money I'd bring in, it would all leak back out somewhere.

Jumped ship to Crystal Palace.

I know how you feel. I got given £20 million to spend to stay up and I spent £15 million of it and the rest got swallowed up in training ground improvements. I then asked for a new contract when City came in for me and the board told me they couldn't afford it, when I knew they could. :(

In case you were wondering I resigned from Forest and then joined Aston Villa. :)

Doing well so far. Just won in the Euro Cup qualifying round 13-0 on aggregate :D

think you took the easy way out mate im in 2018 just finished 2nd in prem and won fa cup with NOTTS COUNTY!!!! cant wait for this season with the pies being in champions league feels so much better actually acheiving this with a small club rather than buying success.

but hey ho it's your game :)

In case you were wondering I resigned from Forest and then joined Aston Villa. :)

Doing well so far. Just won in the Euro Cup qualifying round 13-0 on aggregate :D

Good move for you. Personally i would have stayed with Forest until the end of the season to see if i could save them and if not the moved on.

Archived