How to get Gerrard & Carragher to leave Liverpool...? :@

Getting sick of this now! Why won't they leave?!!

I can bring in youth with just as much potential for a lot less wages, their eating up to much of my wage bill but won't leave!

How do I get them sold? I offer them to clubs they say they want to stay, I get them to agree to terminate their contracts but the board won't release them, any suggestions?

Stick them in the reserves for the rest of their contracts. They'll get annoyed and maybe look to retire. You also won't have to pay them their hefty bonuses.

Also look at reducing their wages, though only lengthen their contracts if you get a significant wage reduction out of them.

I'm going to have that problem in a couple of seasons. I've got youngsters that should be up to replacing them in a couple of years, and I would like to be able to get them to retire gracefully so I don't have to deal with the wrath of the fans for releasing them, or their wages if I keep them.

Terminate their contracts? .. however they may be on ridiculously high paid deals, the best I can say is just to offer them to other clubs, whether it be on loan or for a permenant deal. Just whatever happens make sure they pay for most, or all of their wages! Good luck :p

You could always try suggesting that they would make a good coach. Sometimes players will say they could start straight away and you could offer them a job as a coach. They'll be on considerably less so even if you don't want them to continue you should have an easier time releasing them from their contracts. Just don't offer them long term coaching contracts if you want to do this.

Welcome to real life, how many premier league clubs are paying wages to players they no longer want. You'll see this becoming more and more apparent at clubs like Man City where players join for money in the first place...so why would they leave.

Caraggher must be 90 by now and Gerrard is really Mr Liverpool so no, I would't expect them to want to leave either

Maybe try offering Caragher a coaching contract instead

You could always try suggesting that they would make a good coach. Sometimes players will say they could start straight away and you could offer them a job as a coach. They'll be on considerably less so even if you don't want them to continue you should have an easier time releasing them from their contracts. Just don't offer them long term coaching contracts if you want to do this.

This is how I did it. After the first two seasons Carragher and Gerrard will both accept a player/coach contract at a reduced wage but high apearance money and a one year extension if they play a set amount of games. I then put them in the reserves and only ever played them in the first team in extreme situations Xmas/New Year period or with high injury list. They are quite happy with this. My last season was Carraghers final and he accepted a coach contract at £8500. I expect that Gerrard will follow suit either this or my next season 2015/2016. The upside of this is that Carragher is a 4.5* defence coach and Gerrard is a 4* fitness coach in my game. Gerrard also states at the start of the game he wants to go into management and I intend to make him my Assman eventually and next season I will put Carragher in charge of the reserves and Gerrard in charge of the youth team. This is my way of recreating the Liverpool boot room mentality.

I did this with Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes at United. They both accepted.

Archived