Tired Players

Hi

I have been playing football manager and i play a game and my players are ok for one match however a few days later i have another match and there is certain players 3 or 4 that are tired who have around 75-80% fitness is there anything i am doing wrong ?

Check their fitness in the end of the previous match. If they were in the 60s or lower, being at 80% a few days later is normal.

Check if you have coaches in all the training areas.

If those were young players that you have picked from the youth or reserve teams, they might have played another match in between those you're playing.

Players recover more slowly when they aren't match fit.

If it is late in the season, some fatigue is to be expected. I rotate heavily and avoid using players whose fitness is below 95%, something I recommend because then you avoid this problem entirely. Heavy rotation is also good vs complacency, because against the weaker opponents (which is when you want to use your "B-team" or swap in some well rested "B-players"), you would push them into their own 6-yard box pounding the wall possibly struggling to break it down with your best team - while giving them a "sporting chance" tends to let you create bigger chances. It is a risk to take, though.

Late-season fatigue can also be prevented by increasing the training workload. A good sign you are training hard enough is that you are among the most fit squads in the league (pre-season meeting)... at least this is an idea I have in my head is meant by that coach advice.

Archived