Player instructions

I’m interested to hear how other people deal with individual player roles and instructions when making a substitution?

For example, I substitute player x for player y but whereas player x is fantastic at say dribbling with the ball but lousy at shooting, player y is lousy at dribbling but excellent at shooting.

I manage it by going to the players instructions and making the changes there but was wondering if anyone has a better way of dealing with it?

I’m interested to hear how other people deal with individual player roles and instructions when making a substitution?

For example, I substitute player x for player y but whereas player x is fantastic at say dribbling with the ball but lousy at shooting, player y is lousy at dribbling but excellent at shooting.

I manage it by going to the players instructions and making the changes there but was wondering if anyone has a better way of dealing with it?

I choose player>sub you then get your pop up box. You select your sub, role & style before continuing.

Team always comes before individual so you choose the roles for your tactic then fit your players into them you shouldn't be choosing the roles based on an individual's ability and then trying to crowbar them all into some sort of team tactic.

I choose player>sub you then get your pop up box. You select your sub, role & style before continuing.

Team always comes before individual so you choose the roles for your tactic then fit your players into them you shouldn't be choosing the roles based on an individual's ability and then trying to crowbar them all into some sort of team tactic.

I’m not sure I entirely agree with that as surely there are players with different strengths and weaknesses who could play a central midfield support role for example?

Same for a full back or wing back. One might be great at crossing the ball but your backup might be lousy at crossing but fantastic at cutting inside?

Surely it’s good to have slightly different options for a players that play in the same position?

Archived