Setting playing limits (45 minutes etc) for players sent to the reserves

Would it be possible to be able to send a player to play for the reserves in a midweek game but give your assistant instructions to play him for a certain amount of time? This would ensure that he doesn’t play the entire 90 minutes getting tired making it possible for him to play in the first team at the weekend. The only way I can do this at present is by managing the Reserve team myself.

I know that you can give instructions for the amount of time you wish a player to play if he is called up for an International friendly. Would it not be a good idea to do the same for Reserve team matches?

I've changed the name of the thread so more people will hopefully look into it and contribute.

I agree, it would be a good thing to have more control over our reserve side without having to take full control.

I like this idea.

Also the ability to insist that the assman picks a certain player and play him for at least 45 mins would be helpful. Sometimes I relegate players to get them some match fitness, but he ends up not playing.

I'm literally about to test a theory I have re: reserves and the team picked...

My ass-man manages the reserves, I have set the first-team and the reserve-team tactics to a 4-2-3-1 formation and ticked use current match tactics; made the relevant players available to play it that I'm wanting to play; and then I've picked the team including a few of the U18's. It's only a friendly, and it's only an experiment, but I'm hoping that the ass-man will play the formation and team that I've picked. If he does then I will do the same every time I want a particular player or players to get game-time.

I'll report back :thup:

He changed the keeper and the subs :(

This would be lovely ... and also in addition to forcing the AssMan to play a certain player, also to select his position. Makes little sense for me to send down my 18-year old right winger, and then see the AssMann using him as a CM or ST because he is lacking one in those positions.

I think that in one of the older FM versions, you could pre-select a player on the Reserves/U18 team's Tactics screen, and then the coach for that team would play that player in that position. This might be the easiest way to implement a specific player for a specific position in teams you don't control fully, and then add a slider for the players to determine how much play time he should get. Of course injuries and red cards etc. might make the AssMan override your decisions, but that could also be determined by his personality. That might make it more interesting looking for coaches, than just their stats.

This would be lovely ... and also in addition to forcing the AssMan to play a certain player, also to select his position. Makes little sense for me to send down my 18-year old right winger, and then see the AssMann using him as a CM or ST because he is lacking one in those positions.

I think that in one of the older FM versions, you could pre-select a player on the Reserves/U18 team's Tactics screen, and then the coach for that team would play that player in that position. This might be the easiest way to implement a specific player for a specific position in teams you don't control fully, and then add a slider for the players to determine how much play time he should get. Of course injuries and red cards etc. might make the AssMan override your decisions, but that could also be determined by his personality. That might make it more interesting looking for coaches, than just their stats.

It's not ideal but, make the guy who the assman usually picks, for the position you want filled by a particular player, 'unnavailable for reserves'.

:thup:OP idea.

Archived