Your last match

In detail. Go! :D

Mine first.

Was up against Bolton, in early January, a Premier League clash. T'was breezy and haily, at a nippy 3 degrees C. I, as Liverpool boss was unbeaten since mid September, though all season I'd failed to beat the big teams all but once. Bolton, I'd smashed 5-0 at the Reebok earlier in the season. Today they came to Anfield, and they were primed to take revenge for that savaging, as while their recent form hadn't been great, they were lying 14th, they had taken then league leaders Man City to a 3-3 draw(which had allowed me to take top spot). I had nearly a full squad to pick from, save for a broken leg for Lucas, and a suspension for Spearing, his understudy, hoping to stake a claim for a regular spot.

The line ups

Liverpool:

-------------------Reina------------------

Johnson---Carragher----Howedes---Trasch

----------------------Mereiles------------

-------------Gerrard----------------------

Henderson------------------------Downing

-----------Suarez----Aguero--------------

Bolton:

-------------Jaskelaainen-------------

Wheater-----Cahil---Duenas--Robinson

-----------Muamba-Holden------------

--------------------------------------

-------C.Y.Lee-Gallagher-Davies-------

---------------Davies-----------------

The first 10 minutes belonged to Liverpool. Aguero had a chance of his own making from just outside the area but hit it wide. Howedes nodded wide from a corner, while Gerrard missed a simple 1 on 1 chance. However, then the game turned, and on the 10 minute mark, with some great passing play from Holden, Davies and Gallagher, C.Y.Lee found the time and space to lob Reina for a shock 1-0 lead.

Bolton though suffered from that oldest of footballing problems though, the lack of concentration after a goal, and from the kick off taken by Gerrard, the ball was passed around calmly and carefully till it found Gerrard again courtesy of some individual skill from Aguero. The Liverpool talisman promptly curled a 20 yard beauty into the back of the net. 1-1 after 11 minutes

Liverpool thought they'd stopped the rot before it really started. Right before making a now unforgivable error, which was letting Bolton do exactly what they'd just done, and in the 13th minute, after more smart passing Stuart Holden was able to slot home Bolton's second. 2-1 to Bolton

Liverpool were not too disheartened, with Suarez testing the keeper and Aguero blasting it over, before Aguero took a knock and required treatment, though he would recover. Suarez came close again, but straight away on the counter Bolton got it forward and Davies had a chance to increase the lead, but Reina palmed it away.

Up until the 45 minute mark it was back and forth between the teams, Liverpool trying to equalise, Bolton trying to get a two goal buffer. Gerrard and Aguero and Suarez going close for Liverpool, while Gallagher and K.Davies tried their luck for Bolton. 2 Minutes into injury time though, another goal was struck, which could have had a big say in the final result, and it went..................Bolton's way, courtesy of a Holden screamer from 25 yards on the half time whistle. So Bolton went in 3-1 ahead, at Anfield, Liverpool on the verge of a defeat, the first since September. A big team talk was needed from dashingly handsome and talented young boss Michael White did not disappoint. In fact, when they looked back up this game, Assistant Manager Steve Clarke noted that Gerrard seemed to be inspired and hung onto White's every word.

Proof of the effect that the talk had had on him, Liverpool struck back instantly in the 2nd half, when Gerrard took advantage of a lack of concentration and organisation in the defence to slot home a glimmer of hope for Liverpool, they were back in this with his second strike of the match.

The next few minutes were characterised by tough defending, players sliding in all over the place, neither team could fashion a chance of note. So perhaps it was inevitable the the next goal came from a corner. Henderson put the ball in, and the ping pong began, with Carragher managing to get a foot to it and see it fly pass the keeper. 3-3, 52 minutes gone. Liverpool had fought back. And the game seemed to go their way, with the next ten minutes seeing Liverpool create several chances, though

Aguero, Howedes and Gerrard couldn't find a winner. On the 62nd minute the boss made wholesay changes. Carroll, Kelly and Wilson replaced Suarez, Jonhson and Howedes, trying to freshen up a leaky defense and provide another dimension to the attack.

Bolton however were almost forced into a change, Cahill hurting himself when fouling Merieles. Liverpool continued to dominate the game as they had done most of the half, the usual suspects going close, though Bolton did have a speculative effort from Mark Davies. The breakthrough the game needed if a winner was to be found though, came in the 72nd minute, with substitute Andy Carroll making an impact by setting Aguero through on goal, where he did not need a second invitation to put the ball in the net, and Anfield erupted, we were well and truly back on track. With 20 minutes to go though, nothing was decided.

Bolton responded with a couple of subs to change things up, Holden and Gallagher being replaced by Petrov and Klasnic. Klasnic promptly set up Kevin Davies for a great chance, but the big man was wasteful. Aguero responded with a missed chance of his own, before another goal was struck in the 89th minute, could this decide the game one and for all? No, as it was now 4-4, with Petrov making Trasch look silly before slotting home his first goal for Bolton.

With only injury time left, this game looked like it was heading for a draw, another twist in the tale wasn't looking likely. Or could this matchs complete lack of regard for concentration play one more vital part. Bolton went defensive to preserve the lead, but Aguero had other ideas and dribbled down the right to put in a cross. Two people challenged for the ball. Former teammates Wheater and Downing leapt for the ball. Wheater had the height advantage, and it looked like it was his, but Downing had been Liverpools saviour several times already this season, and he did it again, inching ahead of Wheater and nodding the ball past a helpless keeper. The crowd went wild again, and Downing surely had assured himself a place in the hearts of all Liverpool fans for what was his 5th winning goal in just half a season at the club. The whistle blew, confirming the win. 5-4, and one of the most epic games the EPL had seen in a long time.

Ratings:

MOTM - Gerrard 8.9, narrowly beating out Holden on 8.8. Who knows, if Holden had played that last 15 mins he could have been the difference.

Worst players. - Both defenses, with the only good rating being for Carragher, though if he hadn't scored he'd not have come away looking quite so good.

Stats: (Order is Liverpool - Bolton)

Shots: 24-10

On Target - 10-6

CCC's - 3-1

Posession: 59-41

Pass Comp: 84 - 76

Anyway, that's it. I did this because I was bored, and had a particularly fun last match. If no-one does the same, I don't mind, but I hope people have enjoyed reading it. Any questions about the game, players I've signed, etc, feel free.

(For the record, I am using an updated database, by LFC Marshall, accurate to July 15th of this summer. Which has given Liverpool more cash, and the transfers up until that date. With some players being improved, some weakened)

I guess I'll post my latest match. I'm playing as Manchester United in the middle of September working on my third season. The only reason I am such a well-supported club is because I'm running my own little youth test with this save. Anyways, I was just playing SK Rapid Wein in the Champions League Group Stage.

Manchester United:

-------------------Kuszczack-------------

Rafael---------Evans----Brown--------Evra

------------------------------------------

---------Carrick-Fletcher-Anderson--------

Valencia------------------------------Nani

---------------------Rooney--------------

SK Rapid Wein:

---------------Richert-----------------

Emeghara-Adnan-Rezaei-Drazan-Proschwitz

---------------Szelesi-----------------

-----------Gashi---Lekven-------------

--------------Hoffman-----------------

---------------Spann------------------

We had already started our attacking within the first few minutes, where Nani bolted past three defenders and launched the ball into the goal from the left side of the field.

Valencia and Anderson launched a few attacks which were only deflected by the goalie int he minutes that came.

Inside the 10th minute, Fletcher played a perfect ball to Rooney past the defenders. Rooney got to it first and smashed the ball in the net already making the lead 2-0.

Nani had another chance before Rooney rounded a defender and scored a banana shot making it 3-0 and giving him two goals so far in the match.

The minutes that followed saw Manchester United nearly convert many more chances, but most were repelled by Richert's great goalkeeping.

Rapid Wein had already made two substitutions in the minutes before halftime, despite having no injuries. Katzer came on for Proschwitz and Colina came on for Drazan.

At halftime, we led 3-0 with 73% possession, 13-0 shots, and 6-0 shots on goal.

At the 56th minute, we had yet another chance with Nani just putting the ball shy of the post from a long-ranged effort. Two minutes later, Nani had another chance that he put over the bar.

At the 57th minute, Rapid Wein put in Brellier in for Emeghara, using their last substitution a bit early.

A substitution was made by Manchester United in the 65th minute. Nani was replaced by Park Ji Sung.

A mere second before the substitution, Fletcher headed the ball past all three Central Defenders to Rooney who ran past the goalkeeper and hit a fierce shot into the net giving him his hat-trick and making the game 4-0.

At the 76th minute, Anderson launched a ball inside from a freekick which met Evan's head and went just above the bar.

At the 86th minute, two substitutions were made by Manchester United. Rafael and Brown came off for O'shea and the German youngster Yildirim.

Five minutes later, the final whistle was blown. Manchester United 4-0 Rapid Wein.

Ratings:

MOTM - Wayne Rooney finishing with a 9.6 rating scoring three beautiful goals. Fletcher was close behind with a 9.1 rating making three assists.

Stats: (Manchester United - Rapid Wein)

Shots: 21-1

Shots On Target - 8-0

CCC's - 5-0

Posession: 70-30

Pass Comp: 90-71

A video I just took of our passing and possession. Watch in HD if you can.

[video=youtube;wXht-eEPLZU]

In brief:

Liverpool (my team) Vs Barcelona

ECC Final at Estadio de Madrid

0-0 at 120 mins, surely heading into penalties. But with 1 minute of time added on, my team win a corner. First header hits the bar, then 2nd header squeezes in, with the clock reading 121mins 39secs.

Cue jumping up in the air. Liverpool's 10th ECC Title, my 5th, so I get to keep the trophy.

And this genuinely was my last match, great timing to read this thread.

Archived