Worst Debut Ever!

debutu.th.jpg

I am Blackburn and thought I had signed a good play in Neuer to replace Robinson in goal, hope this is not how he will continue. I have been playing FM for a long time and have never seen a debut as bad as this one. He missed the ball for the Turner goal and the Bramble goal was the near post corner goal.

Harry Kewell got sent off in the 46th second of his debut for me, during which he also managed to tear his hamstring.

Why would you sign Kewell, which FM was it?

Neuer feels his one week fine was harsh.

what ever FM throws up...still wont beat Woodgate's Madrid Debut..... 14 months late, fault for a goal, own goal and then sent off...... Legendary

But of course if anything like that did happen in FM we'd see a thread saying 'This is so unrealistic, it's a bug, the game is broken, give me my money back SI F#@@$!$##$@@!!!'

debutu.th.jpg

I am Blackburn and thought I had signed a good play in Neuer to replace Robinson in goal, hope this is not how he will continue. I have been playing FM for a long time and have never seen a debut as bad as this one. He missed the ball for the Turner goal and the Bramble goal was the near post corner goal.

Serves you right for signing Darren Bent :p

I remember signing Guti on a free transfer on FM 2009 (I think) as Bolton Wanderers manager. Paid just over £3m for his wage (excluding bonuses) and he never got a rating higher than 6.0. He never got going despite being given plenty of time, so I quickly got rid of him and invested the funds towards other players.

Serves you right for signing Darren Bent :p

lol, I was hoping other Sunderland fans wouldn't see that.

I remember signing Guti on a free transfer on FM 2009 (I think) as Bolton Wanderers manager. Paid just over £3m for his wage (excluding bonuses) and he never got a rating higher than 6.0. He never got going despite being given plenty of time, so I quickly got rid of him and invested the funds towards other players.

I made the same mistake on FM09 and signed Guti, he was awful.

Would have got a two week fine from me.

Normally he would have from me just like anyone who gets red carded or plays under a 5.5. However with it being his debut I thought for some reason I would be lenient.

Normally he would have from me just like anyone who gets red carded or plays under a 5.5. However with it being his debut I thought for some reason I would be lenient.

I never fine players for bad perfomances, as the rating system is broken, which it has been for years. If I did my goalie would be getting fined most matches, which I know he shouldn't be as his perfomance is a lot better than his ratings. I would fine them for disciplinary offences though.

A sign of weakness! :p

lol, I know.

I never fine players for bad perfomances, as the rating system is broken, which it has been for years. If I did my goalie would be getting fined most matches, which I know he shouldn't be as his perfomance is a lot better than his ratings. I would fine them for disciplinary offences though.

Nothing wrong with the rating system everyone has their own way of disciplining players. I fine anyone who gets sent off two weeks wages. I warn or fine one week to any player who plays below a 6 and two weeks for anyone under a 5.5. I may make an exception for a debut match must be getting weak in my old age.

If my GK is constantly getting the rating that require him to be fined or warned then I would sell him and look for a new GK. Paul Robinson never got below a 6.5 last season for my side so never had to be fined.

lol, I know.

Nothing wrong with the rating system everyone has their own way of disciplining players. I fine anyone who gets sent off two weeks wages. I warn or fine one week to any player who plays below a 6 and two weeks for anyone under a 5.5. I may make an exception for a debut match must be getting weak in my old age.

If my GK is constantly getting the rating that require him to be fined or warned then I would sell him and look for a new GK. Paul Robinson never got below a 6.5 last season for my side so never had to be fined.

I usually give a warning for a sending off, if the player does it again 1 weeks wages fine. Anything 5.0 or below performance rating = 2 weeks wages fine.

lol, I know.

Unfortunately, I wish that were true. The village idiot, otherwise known as the fans spokesman obviously does take note of it, as well as the board & coaching staff, & this can have an adverse effect on the player concerned. When I play the game it is very slowly, playing matches in full, so I can see what is going on, & a lot of the ratings don't concurr with what I always see. Part of the problem is the restricted nature of it, where most ratings are squeezed into 6-8, & the rest are rarely used. That is why an average rating of 5.5 is seen as poor, because SI for some reason don't want to make it more realistic.

I agree with what you are saying, but my argument is it doesn't work properly. In my game in the NI lower league I have only played around ten games, but surprisingly are top, but my goalie gets hammered every game, although I cannot see what he is doing wrong. So how can I fine him, when really I should. Hilariously the village idiot & AM want him dropped, when the only replacement is a 16 year old youth who is appalling & quite rightly seen as by the coaching staff, but the same people want him in the side. Incredible. I can just imagine Sir Alex dropping Van Der Saar (I know he has now gone) because the fans spokesman wants him replaced with some spotty youth who has never played before.

Unfortunately, I wish that were true. The village idiot, otherwise known as the fans spokesman obviously does take note of it, as well as the board & coaching staff, & this can have an adverse effect on the player concerned. When I play the game it is very slowly, playing matches in full, so I can see what is going on, & a lot of the ratings don't concurr with what I always see. Part of the problem is the restricted nature of it, where most ratings are squeezed into 6-8, & the rest are rarely used. That is why an average rating of 5.5 is seen as poor, because SI for some reason don't want to make it more realistic.

I agree with what you are saying, but my argument is it doesn't work properly. In my game in the NI lower league I have only played around ten games, but surprisingly are top, but my goalie gets hammered every game, although I cannot see what he is doing wrong. So how can I fine him, when really I should. Hilariously the village idiot & AM want him dropped, when the only replacement is a 16 year old youth who is appalling & quite rightly seen as by the coaching staff, but the same people want him in the side. Incredible. I can just imagine Sir Alex dropping Van Der Saar (I know he has now gone) because the fans spokesman wants him replaced with some spotty youth who has never played before.

Some interesting views there and I cannot say you are wrong because I do not play full matches. I would say that my GK's rarely get fined and if they do their rating is a reflection of them making a big mistake. Like I said every person has their own way of disciplining their players. I am not bragging but I have had results and success using these methods so I cannot see myself changing them. I do agree that the village idiot/fans spokesman/goon's opinion is of no interest to me as they talk complete rubbish most of the time.

Some interesting views there and I cannot say you are wrong because I do not play full matches. I would say that my GK's rarely get fined and if they do their rating is a reflection of them making a big mistake. Like I said every person has their own way of disciplining their players. I am not bragging but I have had results and success using these methods so I cannot see myself changing them. I do agree that the village idiot/fans spokesman/goon's opinion is of no interest to me as they talk complete rubbish most of the time.

As you say if it works for you then you are obviously doing something right. I only wish you could turn off items like fans spokesman as what they say can have an adverse effect on some players, or perhaps make them disappear.

'Police are investigating the disappearance of John Smith the Wakehurst fans spokesman. At this moment they don't think it is suspicious or of a criminal nature, but Smith has recently been vocal against Chris McHale the Wakehurst goalie & had been making himself unpopular, in particular with the club manager. A club spokesman says any connection was pure speculation.'

Something upon those lines wouldn't add anything to the game itself, but would make you feel better.

As you say if it works for you then you are obviously doing something right. I only wish you could turn off items like fans spokesman as what they say can have an adverse effect on some players, or perhaps make them disappear.

'Police are investigating the disappearance of John Smith the Wakehurst fans spokesman. At this moment they don't think it is suspicious or of a criminal nature, but Smith has recently been vocal against Chris McHale the Wakehurst goalie & had been making himself unpopular, in particular with the club manager. A club spokesman says any connection was pure speculation.'

Something upon those lines wouldn't add anything to the game itself, but would make you feel better.

lol, love it.

Why did Neuer (one of the worlds best goalkeepers) agree to sign for Blackburn!?

He signed because I finished 2nd the year before. Also his contract was up and no one else offered him a contract and I was willing to pay him 86k a week.

Unlucky with Neuer, he is a solid keeper so may just need time to settle. Insane wages though, my best paid player is Khouma Babacar at Stoke on 85k per week, after that Ryan Shawcross is best paid around the £50k mark. Diego Tardelli had a terrible debut at Stoke, missed two open goals, gave the ball away numerous times and all after signing for £20m. After 5/6 games he got it together and became a striker to be sold on to Juventus for almost £40m a short while later.

Archived