Two scouting questions

1. How do you get the best out of your scouters? When do you send them to scout, do you assign a league, or a country?

2. I only have scouters with 20 at Potential and Ability, does something else matter in their reports?

1) It depends on what you're after...

If you want to get reports about every potentially good player in a given area, I'd suggest to scout by Regions, so the scout will just keep on travelling around until you recall him

Otherwise just scout the Top Leagues (or the Playable ones) and also the U19 leagues in the main nations if you can afford it

2) Determination has probably a role in how deep the scout will dig to find good players

You can do your own scouting as well.

In England (or any nation), keep an eye on the 'young player of the month' awards, best ave ratings, goals, assists player tables for whatever division your aiming at.

Check through U19/U21 squads of the 'big' (and not so big) international teams regularly.

Scouts help. More the merrier in as many regions as possible. To a point. But Effort + Talent = Success. The more you take on, the more hours you put in hunting around, the more the rewards in this game.

I would rather not do my own scouting, it's just too risky.

I want youngsters, I usually build the youth teams myself, and I find difficult to reach 4 stars youngsters, there are not many of them, or at least I do not find them. It's impossible not to be, in five years there will be lots of super stars whom, ALL of them, were youngsters. I don't think a 3-star 16yo will develop into a 23yo super star like Messi or Pastore.

Well, don't' get carried away, there's only 1 Messi. To find a player like him, try to scout Argentina, Brazil, and of course South America in general. Best technically gifted players will come from there. Also a tip even if you don't want to do scouting yourself, to ensure you find hidden gems you must do a little more digging.

When I'm with a big club, I love to search youth teams in Brazil and Argentina. It's loooooooong and time consuming job but when I find a very good prospect I send my best scout to look at him, and if his good then I snatch him up instantly. This way I managed to get a DC that became world class, a ST who at 17 years old was scoring for fun 15 goals in a season and loved to score against my main rivals :D.

But if you leave everything to your scouts then frequently watch for their reports if a 16 year old already values over 1 million then go and look at him yourself, scout him again, look at his personalty, favorite clubs, favorite persons, languages spoken. Sometimes these slow the development to a halt if his unhappy in his new country.

Archived