Why can I still ask for a parent club?

My Honvéd side, the biggest side on the planet, in the currently 4th best league in Europe, a side that has changed the landscape of European football is still considered by my board as small enough to have a parent club. I don't have one, but they'll let me ask! The hell?

Another oddity is that I can't make my youth recruitment any better despite it being completely rubbish?

Why?!

youth recruitment may have been recently upgraded?

as for the other, your league is only the fourth best in Europe so you can probably have a parent club from the best clubs in the top 1 or 2 leagues in Europe and it may be that your reputation hasn't grown as quickly as your club's success has. So your club may still be relatively low rep despite being very successful

youth recruitment may have been recently upgraded?

as for the other, your league is only the fourth best in Europe so you can probably have a parent club from the best clubs in the top 1 or 2 leagues in Europe and it may be that your reputation hasn't grown as quickly as your club's success has. So your club may still be relatively low rep despite being very successful

My youth recruitment network was last upgraded some 6 years ago and the reason stated is it's the "best we can currently have".

My club is considered the biggest in the World by the game, and the richest as a matter of fact.

My youth recruitment network was last upgraded some 6 years ago and the reason stated is it's the "best we can currently have".

My club is considered the biggest in the World by the game, and the richest as a matter of fact.

I was once denied on the grounds that we had the best facilities in the league, maybe you have a similar situation.

Maybe it is just a coincidence, but I have the same problem with not being able to upgrade youth recruitment and I'm managing in Hungary too. Took Hajduboszormeny to 5 Division 1 titles and the Champions League knockout stage (the game is too easy this year, isn't it?) but still stuck on limited recruitment, the worst in the league, with the same reason as you.

And I have two parent clubs and can ask for more which is either neat or a bug.

Two issues pop in my mind.

1) youth facilities wont be upgraded because you already have the best in the country, so you'll attracting better youth already. (Lack of competitiveness from other clubs --> no need to waste money on an area that you already dominate. Frustrating but logical.)

2) expend your scouting knowledge, the broader it is the better chance you have to recruit even foreign youth players. (It's not a bad idea to have coaches from different country, after they learn the language.)

I had similar problem with Dinamo Buc. in fm09 and 10 the despite winning 4 titles 2 cups and 2 super cups, being in the champions league group for 3 years in a row (which is 7-10 million euros income, at this level that's almost your entire budget for the year) the lack of progression from other teams meant that my board considered we have the best facilities in the country (which was true, none of my rivals had what my club possessed). This year with changing reputations I think this will change but as others mentioned before me, you can win many trophys but unless other teams from the country progress with you say 1-2 get into the champions league group and racks up points, 2-3 get into the uefa cup groups and also plays for points, this progress will be slow, I mean wait another 10 years in game :(

I was of the understanding that youth recruitment was on applicable to your region/country. If you already have the best system in place to recruit the best youngsters in your region/country, why would it be upgraded?

As has been said, scouting other countries (to an extent) and having coaches from different countries can allow foreign youngsters to come through your youth system.

I was of the understanding that youth recruitment was on applicable to your region/country. If you already have the best system in place to recruit the best youngsters in your region/country, why would it be upgraded?

As has been said, scouting other countries (to an extent) and having coaches from different countries can allow foreign youngsters to come through your youth system.

The second half of your post kind of answers the first half.

Archived