How can i make the game go faster?

My question (i don't know if i have to post this here) is: I've been playing for 1 day and 10 hours and i'm still playing my first season!!!! How can you guys be in 2030? It's impossible! I must answer all the press and watch the matches, mustn't I? what can i do? also when i press the space bar it goes slowly, but i know that's because i have a big data base. Help please. Thank you.

My question (i don't know if i have to post this here) is: I've been playing for 1 day and 10 hours and i'm still playing my first season!!!! How can you guys be in 2030? It's impossible! I must answer all the press and watch the matches, mustn't I? what can i do? also when i press the space bar it goes slowly, but i know that's because i have a big data base. Help please. Thank you.

It depends what level of involvement you want, you can watch games in full and micromanage which takes a long time (It takes me 6 to 8 weeks to complete a season) or you can download Tactics and Training schedules, watch only goals and keep hitting continue. (that might be how to achieve the impossible) There are, of course, all the points in between.

As for making the computer process the game faster I noticed this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/268728-How-To-Speed-Up-Football-Manager-Add-More-Leagues-Better-Gameplay although I won't be using it myself.

Edit: yes you should praise them if they play well. Search the threads in Tactics & Training you will find much that is useful.

I've been playing the game for over 141 days... I'm just 2 games away from the end of season 4...

I watch the matches in full, I micro-manage to the tiniest detail, I watch potential new signings play, I set the training, tutoring, preferred moves and individual focus', I go to every press conference, etc.

I haven't holidayed a single day in this save either as I like to immerse myself fully in the game as I get the most enjoyment that way. But each to their own, back in the days before the 3D view I watched on commentary only which was so much quicker. I'm sure that, even with a relatively large DB, if I were to watch commentary only then I'd probably play a lot more matches (but I'd lose some of the fun).

There are loads of ways that you can speed the game up, let your ass-man take press-conferences, deal with training and team-talks, arrange friendlies, manage youth and reserve teams, deal with match-prep, and so on... it's really up to you how much or how little you want to do, the more you want to do yourself - the slower the game will be...

I've been playing the game for over 141 days... I'm just 2 games away from the end of season 4...

I watch the matches in full, I micro-manage to the tiniest detail, I watch potential new signings play, I set the training, tutoring, preferred moves and individual focus', I go to every press conference, etc.

I haven't holidayed a single day in this save either as I like to immerse myself fully in the game as I get the most enjoyment that way. But each to their own, back in the days before the 3D view I watched on commentary only which was so much quicker. I'm sure that, even with a relatively large DB, if I were to watch commentary only then I'd probably play a lot more matches (but I'd lose some of the fun).

There are loads of ways that you can speed the game up, let your ass-man take press-conferences, deal with training and team-talks, arrange friendlies, manage youth and reserve teams, deal with match-prep, and so on... it's really up to you how much or how little you want to do, the more you want to do yourself - the slower the game will be...

so you have played 141 days out of the total 264 since release? that's of 3384 hours out of 6336 sitting at your pc playing fm? do you work/eat/sleep or do you leave it on?

141 days?! And I thought 27 days was long.....

If the game is processing slowly, then it's probably a computer problem. Otherwise you are just playing FM properly, not missing anything out at all - the repetitveness doesn't seem to faze you :lol: Even at 2025, I am still getting through quite quickly.

no, the game is left on... I save every 15 matches but some weeks I get to play none, others I get to play 1 or 2 per day. It's just the way my life is, sometimes I'm rushed off my feet, others I can put my feet up and relax... so far *crosses fingers* this week has been a "relax" but it can also change in an instant.

Because I save every 15 matches and get little time to play it can be several days or weeks between saves... my biggest fear is power failure after 14 matches because it's a long way to go back. And then, when I do get time to play, I micromanage... go figure *shrugs*

no, the game is left on... I save every 15 matches but some weeks I get to play none, others I get to play 1 or 2 per day. It's just the way my life is, sometimes I'm rushed off my feet, others I can put my feet up and relax... so far *crosses fingers* this week has been a "relax" but it can also change in an instant.

Because I save every 15 matches and get little time to play it can be several days or weeks between saves... my biggest fear is power failure after 14 matches because it's a long way to go back. And then, when I do get time to play, I micromanage... go figure *shrugs*

I've been and figured, and I present you with this solution; save after each game.:D

I've been and figured, and I present you with this solution; save after each game.:D

that would feel like cheating... If I had more time to play and thus able to complete a season in less time I'd probably save only at the start of a new season or the end of the last one (crash-dumps permitting). I save every 15 matches because I have little time to play and my comp needs the occasional software update to windows and the av which I tend to do after a save if required, no other reason.

that would feel like cheating... If I had more time to play and thus able to complete a season in less time I'd probably save only at the start of a new season or the end of the last one (crash-dumps permitting). I save every 15 matches because I have little time to play and my comp needs the occasional software update to windows and the av which I tend to do after a save if required, no other reason.

As you like. Just watch out for the cheat police.

By not saving every match the temptation to cheat is vastly reduced... you are highly unlikely to want to replay several matches just because a lower-league minnow beat you in the cup, for example. I don't use FMRTE, Genie Scout or any other 3rd party software to "enhance" my gaming experience; I simply play the game, out of the box (plus patches :o), in the way that I believe the game should be played. I certainly have lots of fun playing this way; I'm forced to learn how things work to be able to manipulate them to my (and my team's) benefit and I get great satisfaction from knowing that because I did x, y happened.

Archived