Disciplinary history - a suggestion

Everyone's had a player sent off.

Everyone's given out warnings and bans.

Everyone's forgotten, 6 months on, what they did last time this same player got sent off.

So a simple suggestion - a short disciplinary history that states when, what and why.

When were they disciplined?

What was your decision?

Why did they deserve it?

Everyone's forgotten, 6 months on, what they did last time this same player got sent off.

So a simple suggestion - a short disciplinary history that states when, what and why.

What was your decision?

Why did they deserve it?

Good idea. How many games they were banned for would be good as well. Half the time you give them a warning and then they get banned for an extra 2 games. You forget about the length of the ban most of the time.

What was your decision?

Why did they deserve it?

Notebook? It's not hard to click "save as note" in your inbox. Save the players response "player X accepts his fine" or whatever and then you can then click on "notes" in the players profile and read them...

Notebook? It's not hard to click "save as note" in your inbox. Save the players response "player X accepts his fine" or whatever and then you can then click on "notes" in the players profile and read them...

Would it not be better if this was a feature (an actual useful one) in the game? Rather than having notebooks stored in different places for different saves.

Notebook is rubbish and almost entirely pointless.

This sort of information should be available in one click without us having to go miles out of our way to track it. It should be a button on the news item that requires disciplinary action.

Notebook is rubbish and almost entirely pointless.

This sort of information should be available in one click without us having to go miles out of our way to track it. It should be a button on the news item that requires disciplinary action.

You obviously don't understand the benefits of the notebook feature. I agree it's rubbish to use and in dire need of a major overhaul to maximise it's usefulness, but it's incredibly useful.

I'll give you an example of it's value to me:

Izzy Iriekpen is my vice-captain and has been with the club since the first season. A look in the notebook on his profile shows me the following:

34ss235.png

1r1zk0.png

axl4d1.png

j63ok2.png

The date in-game is the 2nd of May, 2014. As you can see, I have four years worth of notes on Iriekpen, right up to 3 days ago! I can literally track his career over the four seasons he has been with me. There are umpteen ways that all of this information could be useful to a manager, noticing especially the increasing regularity of the physio reports... etc

If you can't see how the notebook feature is a valuable tool then I can't understand why not? It's horrid to use, especially the full notebook on your manager screen, but if SI would improve it, even just a little bit so that the full notebook didn't slow my quad-core computer to the speed of a 286 once you're a couple of seasons in, that would be great! *dreams*

what? What on earth do you mean... how bloody hard is it to click "save as note" in your inbox?

then when you click on a players profile... and select notes... you have all that lovely info at your disposal...

or just whinge at SI that they need to nursemaid you all a bit more, hold your hands more often and wipe your rear-ends for you!

Have you not heard of "user friendliness" before?

Why should we have to search through hundreds of news items to find the 2 or 3 we're after? This should all be present with the minimum of fuss.

This doesn't make the game easier, like that last line of yours suggests, it makes the game easier to use. There is a massive, massive and hugely important difference.

Polite warning - watch the attitude you're quickly developing in this thread, it's not needed.

how is that not user friendly? it's on his profile and it only shows notes that relate directly to him... it couldn't be more simple!

As I said, the notebook feature needs a major overhaul, but it's usefulness and value is under-rated... massively! It makes the game a LOT easier, you can create your own notes too... how cool is that? :cool: Think about this... you research the oppo striker and discover by reading his conversation history that if you comment on him as a dangerman he'll fluff his lines, rather than having to research it every time you come up against him, you just create a note "fluffs the spotlight" (or similar) and wahey, every time you play against him all you need to is right-click/notes on his name and you know to "comment" on him. Doesn't that make the game 'easier'?

how is that not user friendly? it's on his profile and it only shows notes that relate directly to him... it couldn't be more simple!

As I said, the notebook feature needs a major overhaul, but it's usefulness and value is under-rated... massively! It makes the game a LOT easier, you can create your own notes too... how cool is that? :cool: Think about this... you research the oppo striker and discover by reading his conversation history that if you comment on him as a dangerman he'll fluff his lines, rather than having to research it every time you come up against him, you just create a note "fluffs the spotlight" (or similar) and wahey, every time you play against him all you need to is right-click/notes on his name and you know to "comment" on him. Doesn't that make the game 'easier'?

I use an actual notepad for that :D

But again, if you have the right assistant manager he should be pointing things like this out to you in the pre-match scouting reports. This information is all available in the game but it really needs to be presented to us in a much clearer and easier-to-access fashion.

I use an actual notepad for that :D

But again, if you have the right assistant manager he should be pointing things like this out to you in the pre-match scouting reports. This information is all available in the game but it really needs to be presented to us in a much clearer and easier-to-access fashion.

I'm sure real-life managers would like the information presented to them "in a much clearer and easier-to-access fashion" too... not likely to happen though, is it? It's not that difficult to discover things in-game, if you're prepared to look for it...

They do - they have staff to track and present them with the info.

We shouldn't have to go looking for things that should be presented to us.

This is a game. We already spend enough time reading things and waiting around in this game as it is.

They do - they have staff to track and present them with the info.

We shouldn't have to go looking for things that should be presented to us.

This is a game. We already spend enough time reading things and waiting around in this game as it is.

We have staff too, admittedly they don't provide us with enough info regarding our players or scouted players in their reports, but by scouting players their profiles get updated too so you can discover more about them by searching for it (conversation histories, preferred moves, personality, description, form, etc).

We could get more help from them in "backroom advice" though, I feel that things like training performances whether good or bad should be given to us through this medium. Right now the only judge we have are a couple of graphs and the player's own feelings towards his training schedule... it doesn't tell us why a player might be unhappy with his schedule, for example, and if he's in a group schedule where the rest of the group play the same position and are happy with the schedule there should be some obvious reason why he isn't. It needs to be more obvious, and pointed out more, which players aren't trying hard enough in training and which are excelling. I know we get the assistant's monthly report but I want to know how all my players are performing in training, not just the very best and the very worst and not just on a monthly basis.

Other than that I'm OK with the way information is presented to us in-game, even that we have to search for.

This would be very useful. I usually warn players first time they get sent off. But there have been numerous times that I wondered "Have I warned this player before?". I'd like to see info regarding previous fines/warnings right there in the news item rather than checking for previous red cards or looking through notes.

Archived