Devastating spells thread

I'm curious to know the most devastating spell of play that everyone has seen from their team or opposition.

The most recent one for my side was a beastly 5 goals in 10 minutes in what seemed like an even game.

What's the best everyone else has managed?

I've once seen 7 goals in 20 minutes too.

The most memorable I've had was a Champions League semi final against Barcelona in one of my Derby saves... FM09 I think. We went 3-0 down in a matter of 15 minutes in the first half of the first leg in Barcelona, even after a "friendly" half time team talk the side weren't playing well. I introduced of my of stars, his first minutes after an injury and he turned the game. 4 goals in 15 minutes to turn the tie on its head. My side won the home leg 2-0 to go through to the final 6-3. Fun Champions League tie.

Avada Kedavra is pretty devastating.

I've not had a devastating spell of form for a long time in game. Don't think I had one in about 50 years in my last save and the worst I've had in my current save is two losses in a row.

In my Ajax save I was drawn against Celtic in first season Champions Cup last qualification round. First leg at home.

It was supposed to be equal contest, and as I just started my first season I had no "super team" from my side, so I predicted even game.

In first 20 minutes I scored 4 goals and added another later in the half. 5-0 in first leg and Celtic had no chance. I had some luck in first goal (deflection), but in team motivation screen it was visible, that after my 2nd goal with less than 10 minutes played Celtics lost confidence and nothing turned out right after that for them.

Good example of what we've seen sometimes in real-life football, how team who should be able to play equally with their opponents just breaks down completely on the field.

I had a tricky ECC Semi Final First Leg away to Inter (I was Liverpool). They were top of Serie A and in great form, I went there just hoping to keep the score down, but went 0-5 up in the first 20 minutes. Went on to win the game 0-6.

Loosely based around this, my two strikers were devastating all season, scoring around 60 goals between them. In the penultimate game of the season, at home to Kettering Town, my Dartford side won 8-0 to secure the BSP title. Darryl Duffy scored 4 goals, including a goal after 16 seconds :D

I left Inter Milan for a new challenge after finally winning the treble in 2015 by signing only Italian players. The Chelsea job became available after Villas-Boas was sacked following a second place finish and a defeat in the last sixteen of the Champions League to my Inter Milan side.

I applied, got the job easy enough. I was looking through the squad and noticed that many of the star players of today were still hanging around on big wages. I decided that Chelsea were going to be my next project so I set out telling the ageing players Terry, Torres, Essien, Lampard and others that I wanted to cancel their contracts or transfer list them because of their wages and age. They accepted, though Torres put up a fight. The fans sounded their frustration of me having released club legends and favourites. Terry was still the captain, with Torres being the vice captain (odd). I brought in some youthful players with a hope of pushing Champions City to the wire. Oh how wrong I was.

The harmony of the squad was completely gone, several rifts with the squad and players made it clear they didn't like me. 'Doesn't have faith in his manager following the departures of key players'. The squad wasn't united in the slightest, and we were defeated at home to West Brom in our opening games, drawing the next six games, following that four defeats and only a single win at home to Arsenal (how annoying!). All throughout this players were requesting transfers, refusing to speak to me or accept fines for poor performances and what not. A true mess.

I signed a regen striker, who had been banging them in for my Inter Milan side for the past two years. He went eleven games without barely testing the goal keeper. He was truly awful yet I have no idea why. He was driven (20 determination), lot's of pace and strength but he played like Andriy Voronin.

I was sacked, following a disastrous spell in charge of Chelsea.

It's not my worst run, but one of the most memorable because nothing went right. I went on to manage Espanyol in La Liga winning the Copa del Rey in the same year against Atletico Madrid, sill there now.

Archived