Unusual amount of yellow cards

I started a new game as Liverpool manager, and into september, it seems as if every game ive played there has been an unusual amount of yellow cards. There seems to be at least 6-7 each game. I havent got hard tackling on or anything. May just be a coincidence, just wanted to check.

It's perception, not actual. :thup:

AFAIK the red/yellow card counts in FM are close to the real-life averages for most leagues, if the soak test results are to be believed (no reason why they shouldn't be).

:)

It's perception, not actual. :thup:

AFAIK the red/yellow card counts in FM are close to the real-life averages for most leagues, if the soak test results are to be believed (no reason why they shouldn't be).

:)

There's every reason not to believe it. Teams averaged less than two yellow cards each, per match, in the Premier League last season. That's less than four a match which isn't even close to "at least 6-7 each game" in the OP.

There's every reason not to believe it. Teams averaged less than two yellow cards each, per match, in the Premier League last season. That's less than four a match which isn't even close to "at least 6-7 each game" in the OP.

That is of course if the OP isnt exaggerating. I know in my game I get nothing like 6-7 yellows per game (both teams).

Also the OP is "into" September. This could be anything from 4-8 games in. So theres a long way to go yet before the OP can complain about the seasons average being way off. We have absolutely no info about the games already played. These 4-8 games could have included Everton and Man Utd which I presume would run the highest risk of yellow cards.

So really after only a handful of games, in what appears to be just this save, and not conclusively tested over a period of time, I would suggest the OP has either simply been unlucky so far and it will 'balance' itself out over the season, or the OP is exaggerating and really only a couple of the games have had a lot of yellows and not 'every game' as we are led to believe.

The OP knows his own game, I was just pointing out that the info in the previous post #2 is misleading when applied to the league in which the OP is managing.

Its not misleading though is it. The info could be 100% accurate when the figures are taken at the END of the season and not after a hand full of games.

A friend of mine got over a hundred yellow cards and fourteen red cards in a Serie A season with Napoli, ended top of that stat. The second team also got over a hundred yellow cards and ten or twelve red cards. Apparently, the rest of the teams followed suit.

How is that compared to real life figures? (actual question)

A friend of mine got over a hundred yellow cards and fourteen red cards in a Serie A season with Napoli, ended top of that stat. The second team also got over a hundred yellow cards and ten or twelve red cards. Apparently, the rest of the teams followed suit.

How is that compared to real life figures? (actual question)

Have a look: http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&CompID=337&statType=discipline

The problem for me is that players on FM get too many cards for petty challenges. :thdn:

I mean sometimes I see my players being sent off for tripping a player, I mean, come on? And there needs to be a bit more variety to the fouls, seeing tripping and upending constantly bores me a bit. I seem to recall once upon a time in about FM06 Aimar headbutted a player :D Where's that stuff gone!

Normal yellow card amount, then, but twice the normal red card amount. There seems to be an exaggerated amount of violent tackles in Serie A, based on my and my friends' experience.

The violent tackles seems to be completely random, and not tied to temper or aggression stats.

Archived