May be the wrong place, but best way to improve your shots on target ratio?

If this is the wrong place, I'm fine with the admins moving it, just thought it'd get more attention here.

I'm Liverpool, a few seasons in, and I tend to get a ratio of 1 shot on target for every 4 shots taken. Most of the time the shot goes high or wide. Also, about half of them are from outside the area. I have a talented line up, of Carroll, Suarez, Lavezzi and Bale up front and out on the wings, with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle. I've limited everyone but Gerrard to 'rarely' on long shots, but they still take them. And Carroll, Suarez and Lavezzi are all fairly decent finishers. I'll admit, Suarez has scored a lot so far this season, but he takes so many shots to do it. He'll bang 2 in one game, then miss 6-7 the next. Lavezzi has my best SoT rating of 42%. Want to get everyone improved by 10% or so, and am wondering what sort of PPM's or tactical changes will lead to that.

Not complaining about the game though, more asking for tips on how to improve:)

Might try it. I tend to prefer when I've got a talented squad, to leave them freedom, but if they don't stop taking wild shots I'll definitely lower it.

Creative freedom is important in moderation and on the right players - but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

TBF isnt 1/4 long shots on target realistic? Even the best long range shooters hit more into the stands or opposing players than actually get on target.

I was asking more about shots in general, from inside the box too, that 1/4 on target stat was for all my shots. My strikers miss loads from inside the box. The only person I've said can take long shots is Gerrard, I don't mind if he misses 3-4, but I don't want other's doing it.

Creative freedom is important in moderation and on the right players - but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

Most of them are on middling creative freedom at the moment. I just don't want to limit them in other areas, I want Suarez, Lavezzi and Bale to work their magic, the only thing they do which is wrong is take shots that aren't that likely to go in. Still you're right, too much is a good thing. I'll see how it goes.

Archived