How do you develop your youngsters?

Fancy a game where I do what Wenger thinks he does... Snap up a bunch of 3/4/5 star youngsters from around the globe and turn them into league winners. However, I've never really been able to bring a set of youngsters through on FM. Is it me or does the game not allow you to do this?

So how do you guys go about maximizing the potential of your youngsters? Loan moves? Time in the cups? How far can they develop on reserve football alone? Does anybody know of a guide that will help me achieve the Wenger dream?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SFraser wrote a great guide about this.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262465-A-Guide-to-Developing-Youngsters

I'd say the most important is to tutor them first if they don't have a good personality already, then give them playing time in cups,easier home league matches,etc.. and of course if they are 18 or 19 and not good yet to be constantly an option for your team, loans are very useful to get them first team football to develop.

SFraser wrote a great guide about this.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262465-A-Guide-to-Developing-Youngsters

I'd say the most important is to tutor them first if they don't have a good personality already, then give them playing time in cups,easier home league matches,etc.. and of course if they are 18 or 19 and not good yet to be constantly an option for your team, loans are very useful to get them first team football to develop.

^This^ But be careful not to raise their reputation to high or they will be unwilling to go out on loan to teams that suit they're level.

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is very difficult to find a proper club for the loanees. There are extremely many factors involved in a successful loan spell - including the luck factor (injuries).

I have had most success giving my promising youngsters playing time in my first team.

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is very difficult to find a proper club for the loanees. There are extremely many factors involved in a successful loan spell - including the luck factor (injuries).

I have had most success giving my promising youngsters playing time in my first team.

i agree, i like to have the palyers at my club, with my coaches and my facilities, and slowly bleeding them into the first team, but this is hard with alot of them. Loaning is the next best but ensuring that they are considered as an important part rather than cover, dont forget tutoring too to build up the mental stats.

i agree, i like to have the palyers at my club, with my coaches and my facilities, and slowly bleeding them into the first team, but this is hard with alot of them. Loaning is the next best but ensuring that they are considered as an important part rather than cover, dont forget tutoring too to build up the mental stats.

Yeah I don't loan them out until they are finished with the tutoring entirely. Training facilities, staff and setup in other clubs are usually awful, so any players going on loan there would have to be very professional, ambitious and determined in order to learn anything. Not to mention playing well!

Archived