OS X Lion, full screen?

So, Lion is out finally out. :)

As you all know, the normal full screen mode in the game just makes it take over the whole screen, but does anyone know if it's possible to trick it into running in the new Lion full screen mode where it sits in it's own space?

Currently I'm running it windowed in it's own space, but of course full screen would be better.

• 1 year later...

Just posted this on another similar thread, but it fits here too.

I just start it in windowed mode, then click window > full screen mode when I want it full screen. Then just cmd + tab to take it back to windowed mode. Don't see why you need the full screen icon really.

The benefit of having it on a 'separate desktop' is it allows for better application management. For instance, I can have Safari, iTunes and other applications all on their own desktop, which means I can then swipe back and forth on the trackpad or mouse (CTRL+left/right) to access different applications. It's a very intuitive and quick way of managing open applications, in my opinion.

Anyway, what you've recommended is similar to what I am doing. I am essentially pressing ALT+ENTER to alternate between full screen and windowed. Does the job, but not as simple as the above.

Archived