Home Grown for League but not Champions League?

I don't know if this is a widespread problem, but searching didn't bring anything up, so I'm wondering if this is a deliberate thing or if I'm suffering from a bug. Two of my players - regens - are English, and have been in England their entire careers, although not starting with me at Blackpool. Nonetheless, they have never left the country, and are described as "Home Grown (0-21)". While this counts them as home grown for the league, the same is not true for the Champions League, which is a bit of an annoyance as I'm struggling to fill the 8 required home grown in England players without them.

Surely this can't be right? Is anyone else suffering from something similar?

Could it be beacause IIRC Champions League is 4 home grown from the nation and 4 home grown from your own club. In The League it's just 8 home grown from the nation

i believe this is correct, there are different 'home grown' rules for leagues and champions league. Just leave the oustanding numbers blank if you cant fill them

No, I mean they don't even count as home grown from nation, yet they've been trained in England their entire careers.

It's a well-known bug, 15-21 homegrown players count but 0-21 don't in the Champions League, whether trained at club or in nation. I don't know why they bothered making a distinction between 0-21 and 15-21 as either one would still have you trained at a club/nation for 3 years, they basically mean the same thing. Unfortunately as there are no more patches it won't get fixed this year. Very annoying this.

It's a well-known bug, 15-21 homegrown players count but 0-21 don't in the Champions League, whether trained at club or in nation. I don't know why they bothered making a distinction between 0-21 and 15-21 as either one would still have you trained at a club/nation for 3 years, they basically mean the same thing. Unfortunately as there are no more patches it won't get fixed this year. Very annoying this.

I feared it might be this. Most annoying.

Yeah, the only "fix" is to use FMRTE to set any player with 0-21 to 15-21 instead.

I might actually download that for the first time ever, to help 'fix' this bug. It's quite a major one and spoiling my game a little bit as I always have to leave gaps in my Champions League squad. Plus all the effort of recruiting players at 16 or 17 so they become home-grown, and then them not being recognized by the game as such, after spending time developing them.

They don't mean the same though, do they? For newgens the game probably doesn't make a distinction because they only appear aged 14/15 minimum but for real players there's a difference. e.g. Kyle Bartley was in Bolton's youth team before he moved to Arsenal's academy. He'll be 3 years before 21 at Bolton but 3 years between 15 and 21 at Arsenal. Fabregas is probly 3 years before 21 at Barca and in Spain but 3 years between 15 and 21 at Arsenal and in England, see? Different.

They don't mean the same though, do they? For newgens the game probably doesn't make a distinction because they only appear aged 14/15 minimum but for real players there's a difference. e.g. Kyle Bartley was in Bolton's youth team before he moved to Arsenal's academy. He'll be 3 years before 21 at Bolton but 3 years between 15 and 21 at Arsenal. Fabregas is probly 3 years before 21 at Barca and in Spain but 3 years between 15 and 21 at Arsenal and in England, see? Different.

Spending 3 years at a club/nation between 15 and 21 is the same as spending it at a club between 0 and 21 if you think about it though. I mean, if they were all just listed as 0-21, it would mean the same thing. If your 3 years were 17-20 or 10-13, for example, it would all still come under 0-21. There's no real need for the addtional 15-21 category, 0-21 would have covered everything. Two categories has complicated matters, obviously wasn't tested properly and has led to this bug.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this 15-21 & 0-21 new to FM11? I'm still on FM10 and don't recall seeing these numbers anywhere, if it's a case of me being blind, where might I find them?

Cheers

xxx

It is def. a bug. I have the same experience with my team. HG players 0-21 does not count towards the HG quota in CL games. After a while (I'm in 2030 now) I was stuck with no HG players for european matches, even though it said HG 0-21 behind their name. Had to download FMRTE to fix it (put HG to 15-21 instead and voila! my HG quota was full).

• 1 year later...

I really hope this is fixed for FM13, in my 20th season on FM12 now & has been a probably for me over the last few years. Shouldn't have to download (& now pay) for FMRTE just to make these rules work correctly.

Can anyone from SI confirm this has been looked at?

Yes, it's a bother. My problem is that I can't edit the player with FMRTE. The bug makes the game fail to have HG 0-21 players recognized for ECC and FMRTE 4.3 only gives me the option to have players HG for club or coutry making no distinction between 0-21 and 15-21.

I really hope this is fixed for FM13, in my 20th season on FM12 now & has been a probably for me over the last few years. Shouldn't have to download (& now pay) for FMRTE just to make these rules work correctly.

Can anyone from SI confirm this has been looked at?

Neil Brock confirmed it: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320623-0-21-homegrown-bug-eradicated

Archived