PDA

View Full Version : Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

Pages : [1] 2

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:21
I am pleased to announce that digital versions of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 and FĂștbol Manager 2008 are now available. Details are as follows.

Worldwide Soccer Manager

This is the North American version of Football Manager and can only be purchased by people currently based in those territories. When you attempt to purchase Boonty will look up your IP address.

- PC Download from Boonty (http://195.66.80.18/tdm_bbyd/Download_Worldwide_Soccer_Manager_08(en_3543)%7B30 0737%7D.exe)

- PC Download from Direct2Drive (http://www.direct2drive.com/5182/product/Buy-Worldwide-Soccer-Manager-2008-Download%3CBR%3E)

- PC Mac Download from e-Sellerate (link disabled)

FĂștbol Manager

This is the South American version of Football Manager and can only be purchased by people currently based in those territories. When you attempt to purchase Boonty will look up your IP address.

- PC Download from Boonty (http://195.66.80.18/tdm_bbyd/Download_Futbol_Manager_08(en_3544)%7B300840%7D.ex e)

- PC Download from Direct2Drive (http://www.direct2drive.com/product.aspx?gid=4&pid=5183)

- Mac Download from e-Sellerate (link disabled)

As you will have read, we are working on a patch for all titles (v8.0.1) which is save game compatible (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/1892021453)

We are also going to be releasing a digital version of Football Manager 2008 at some point after 8.0.1 ships so this may suit any of you in other countries who are unable to get the game delivered.

I've never done this before, is it easy

Yep! Click the link, enter your details, download the game and activate on your choice of 2 machines. Should your machine break or you get a new one contact Boonty support who can free one up for you.

Are there manuals?

As part of the download we include localised PDF manuals for you to enjoy

I've got a problem

Depending on the nature depends who can help you best. If you have a problem downloading the file or activating then you should contact Boonty support. If you have a problem with the game or a feature in the game please post on these forums. If all else fails, email me marc_duffy (at) sigames.com

Gordon Comstock
24-10-2007, 07:23
great news - I appreciate SI's hard work on getting this out ASAP.

Braumiller
24-10-2007, 07:25
Thank you http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SaintsCanada
24-10-2007, 07:27
You the man. Do you ever sleep?

SaintsCanada
24-10-2007, 07:28
And as your reward,

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin for to carry me home!

fifafan
24-10-2007, 07:30
Downloading as we speak....Thank you to all involved.

Schwazz
24-10-2007, 07:30
Brilliant! Thank you for all your hard work and patience with the forum goers.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:31
Originally posted by SaintsCanada:
And as your reward,

urrgh, Egg chasing..try this

You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
Theres only one way to beat them
Get round the back
Catch me if you can
Cos' I'm the England man
And what you're looking at
Is the master plan
We ain't no hooligans
This ain't a football song
Three lions on my chest
I know we can't go wrong
We're playing for England {In-ger-land}
We're playing the song

Lobaeux
24-10-2007, 07:33
Great!! Except now I'm on my way to work!

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

fifafan
24-10-2007, 07:36
One question for you, Marc. I've downloaded the game, and it puts it in a 'Boonty' folder, along with an ini file. I don't want to install it right now, as i am at work. Can I take this folder home, and install it there, or will I have to download it again?

Burto1945
24-10-2007, 07:36
Thank you Marc, besides yesterday's hiccup, once again you have done your company proud.

One question: does this have more than one license attached (as in, putting the game on my laptop & desktop)? Thanks again.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:39
Originally posted by fifafan:
One question for you, Marc. I've downloaded the game, and it puts it in a 'Boonty' folder, along with an ini file. I don't want to install it right now, as i am at work. Can I take this folder home, and install it there, or will I have to download it again?

You should be ok to take home and play.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:39
Originally posted by Burto1945:
Thank you Marc, besides yesterday's hiccup, once again you have done your company proud.

One question: does this have more than one license attached (as in, putting the game on my laptop & desktop)? Thanks again.

please see my initial post which I've updated with a small Q & A

Burto1945
24-10-2007, 07:45
Originally posted by Marc Duffy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burto1945:

please see my initial post which I've updated with a small Q & A </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Marc, 2 licenses!!

rafaeldamiani
24-10-2007, 07:45
i have a problem
connection failed for activate

wahoo05
24-10-2007, 07:46
Originally posted by rafaeldamiani:
i have a problem

Me too. I am assuming this is just an early hiccup and will smooth out soon?

wahoo05
24-10-2007, 07:47
Originally posted by wahoo05:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rafaeldamiani:
i have a problem

Me too. I am assuming this is just an early hiccup and will smooth out soon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(and yes, my firewall is turned off, so the problem is not on my end http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

_Chief_
24-10-2007, 07:47
Hi, thanks for the links, could it be possible to have the size and checksum of those files ?

It's because I've downloaded a 5,584,104 bytes exe file and it doesn't seem right.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:48
i have a problem

When do you get this error, at the point you are entering your serial code to activate?

Do you have a firewall or anything?

hilld1985
24-10-2007, 07:49
Hey Marc,

Thanks for the update.

Quick question: Am I able to install/play the game with multiple users on the same machine? Or does a single user = a single license?

Cheers,

wahoo05
24-10-2007, 07:50
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rafaeldamiani:
i have a problem

When do you get this error, at the point you are entering your serial code to activate?

Do you have a firewall or anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is after clicking on "Buy It Now." It stalls on the first step and then times out and says to make sure firewall is not interfering (and mine is definitely off so that is not the problem)

Marc Duffy
Originally posted by _Chief_:
Hi, thanks for the links, could it be possible to have the size and checksum of those files ?

It's because I've downloaded a 5,584,104 bytes exe file and it doesn't seem right.

that is right (you've downloaded the Boonty application which will guide you through the rest of the process)

marc

frenchguy86
same here... it says fails to connect to server...

rafaeldamiani
disable firewall but in connection for activate, failed and no receive email confirmation

wahoo05
24-10-2007, 07:51
Originally posted by _Chief_:

That is just the install program. I assume once it is working you download the game within that.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:51
Originally posted by hilld1985:
Hey Marc,

Thanks for the update.

Quick question: Am I able to install/play the game with multiple users on the same machine? Or does a single user = a single license?

Cheers,

If you are all on the same machine it's fine.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:52
disable firewall but in connection for activate, failed and no receive email confirmation

You have purchased the game and have an activation code ?

G.R.
24-10-2007, 07:53
I don't think I've seen this listed...

what's the price of the DD?

rafaeldamiani
24-10-2007, 07:54
yeah, now works fine.
any question i can copy files in cd?

frenchguy86
24-10-2007, 07:55
I'm stalled I cannot download the game it says impossible to connect to server when I hit the download button ( I tried disconect my firewall so it's not the problem)

rafaeldamiani
24-10-2007, 07:55
U$30.00

Originally posted by G.R.:
I don't think I've seen this listed...

what's the price of the DD?

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 07:56
rafaeldamiani : yes

wahoo05
Still not working here. Maybe the server is overloaded for now? No big deal. Will try again later.

_Chief_
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _Chief_:

that is right (you've downloaded the Boonty application which will guide you through the rest of the process)

marc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I see. I thought you could buy it after the big download.

I wouldn't want to pay, then given a link for download only to discover that the download speed is terrible (common in this part of the world) and be stuck with it.

kangkang
24-10-2007, 08:01
guess now too many people trying to download so it is not a good time...I think I will do it after work http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rafaeldamiani
24-10-2007, 08:02
when the email confirmation will be sent?

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 08:03
Should go automatically.

frenchguy86
24-10-2007, 08:03
same... they send an email confirmation for the payment quickly?

rafaeldamiani
24-10-2007, 08:04
i am not receive

frenchguy86
24-10-2007, 08:04
anyway I will try again in a few hour or when I will get the email confirmation

fercecy
24-10-2007, 08:09
Just a little question...
Can i buy the game, download it here at work, but do not activate it until i get home?

24-10-2007, 08:12
you do not need the email
i was waiting around for it
just click the green download buttan 8)

frenchguy86
24-10-2007, 08:13
dowload don't work it says connection failed

rafaeldamiani
24-10-2007, 08:35
futbol manager works fine

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 08:35
Ok, if you are having any sort of trouble please send me

1. Details on what game you are trying to purchase
2. A screenshot of the problem
3. A full description and round up of the issue

All to marc_duffy@sigames.com

fercecy
24-10-2007, 08:36
Probably the system collapsed... i am trying to buy it but is says:

Purchasing Futbol Manager 2008

We are sorry, an error has occurred. Please renew your order or contact us on customer service indicating the nature of the problem you have encountered. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Tried 3 times... all with the same result...

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 08:37
See my post above.
I have alerted boonty and they'd like to get some more info on some of the problems faced.

jeryount38
24-10-2007, 08:39
Marc - thanks for staying on this and responding to many of the posts in these forums with updates despite most of them (including a few from me) being negative. Beers and shots all around!!

fercecy
24-10-2007, 08:39
I just entered my info (name, email, credit card), then clicked next... it started "thinking"... and that's the message i got as a result.
Quite simple... i do not think i need to get a screenshot of that. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lurra
24-10-2007, 08:40
If I have a dinamic IP, it will afect me to use the game or not.

Burto1945
24-10-2007, 08:42
I know one problem I had was that on the order page, the box for credit card # and expiration date didn't show up. That was in Firefox, but when I switched to IE7, the box finally showed up, and worked fine. Just a heads up for any Firefox users.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 08:42
Originally posted by fercecy:
I just entered my info (name, email, credit card), then clicked next... it started "thinking"... and that's the message i got as a result.
Quite simple... i do not think i need to get a screenshot of that. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Please still do so I can help you.

fercecy
24-10-2007, 09:02
Just tried again, but i noticed a little thing on the first page that the Downloaded opens...
You can see it here:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/generalisimo2/errorfm2008.gif

superustipak
24-10-2007, 09:17
damn it.
i clicked the wrong link.
i'm stuck with Futbol Manager 2008 (in spanish or portuguese) instaed of WWSM2008.
Is there anything I can do?

Rafael Lorenzini
24-10-2007, 09:17
I dont have Visa or mastercard, only have diners club international, what can i do?

Gordon Comstock
24-10-2007, 09:19
Marc - should I hold my breath for a Mac release today or just wait for tomorrow?

if you're not comfortable saying either, that's fine too; just not sure how I should plan my day
differently, if I even do.

yankee_ram
24-10-2007, 09:19
I am now a happy girl, have WWSM, can make it class on time and know when I come home there will football for me to play. Thanks Miles, I can't wait to sink my teeth into this and begin a new Era at Derby! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

yankee_ram
24-10-2007, 09:20
Originally posted by yankee_ram:
I am now a happy girl, have WWSM, can make it class on time and know when I come home there will football for me to play. Thanks Miles and Marc, I can't wait to sink my teeth into this and begin a new Era at Derby! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

There fixed

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 09:21
Originally posted by Andy Jordan:
Marc - should I hold my breath for a Mac release today or just wait for tomorrow?

if you're not comfortable saying either, that's fine too; just not sure how I should plan my day

it'll be tomorrow. They are getting the final treatment currently.

Gordon Comstock
24-10-2007, 09:24
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

it'll be tomorrow. They are getting the final treatment currently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I appreciate your candor and look forward to playing the game tomorrow.

superustipak
24-10-2007, 09:26
Please does anyone have any information about whether or not I can change my game to the one I actually wanted?
I downloaded the South American version, now I'm stuck with spanish (a languange i don't know).. I also wonder how I was able to download it, I'm sitting here in Florida.
So please, is there any way I could get the English Version instead of this one? I downloaded it about 20 minutes ago and just installed it.

Rafael Lorenzini
24-10-2007, 09:28
I dont have Visa or mastercard, only have Diners Club International, that mean i can't download the game? should get a mastercard or visa only? plz answer mark.. thnx

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 09:28
superustipak : Send me an email .. I'm going to need to speak to someone about this and I cannot guarentee I'll have you an answer tonight either.

How did you make such an error http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 09:29
Originally posted by Rafael Lorenzini:
I dont have Visa or mastercard, only have Diners Club International, that mean i can't download the game? should get a mastercard or visa only? plz answer mark.. thnx

Afraid so. Boonty only have those payment options. You may want to wait for Direct 2 Drive to go live today - they might offer you alternatives.

br0pbr0p
24-10-2007, 09:34
There's no editor in the digital download. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Any way I can get that separately?

FundyRunner
24-10-2007, 09:39
I am pleased to announce that digital versions of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 and FĂștbol Manager 2008 are now available. Details are as follows.

Marc, or someone else out there who knows the answer.

I have one question before I hit the 'please addict me' button (again).

I have always gotten FM before. I am worried that added user content for FM may not work on WWSM. I am confident that this is an unfounded fear - that the differences are more 'cosmetic' than 'working level', but can anyone provide some assurance here.

And please understand - I am not asking for a rock-solid, golden, 'every file will work every time' guarantee. Just that if I want to download a facepack, or tactic, that this is not something I will be shut out of because I have WWSM instead of FM.

A prompt answer and I will be once again surrendering to the addiction... 2008 version.

Thanks, from the impatient, but cautious Canadian,

fundyrunner

fercecy
24-10-2007, 09:42
Well, tried again, again the same error...

On the first page that the Downloader opens it gives an error (not a popup, just the icon that there was something wrong, so, i clicked there to see what it was)
Then, the final error in the final step:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/generalisimo2/errorFM20082.gif

I will download the downloader again at home and will try again surelly... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 09:50
Originally posted by FundyRunner:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

I have always gotten FM before. I am worried that added user content for FM may not work on WWSM. I am confident that this is an unfounded fear - that the differences are more 'cosmetic' than 'working level', but can anyone provide some assurance here.

And please understand - I am not asking for a rock-solid, golden, 'every file will work every time' guarantee. Just that if I want to download a facepack, or tactic, that this is not something I will be shut out of because I have WWSM instead of FM.

A prompt answer and I will be once again surrendering to the addiction... 2008 version.

fundyrunner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should all work fine. WWSM is the same game just branded differently for the North American market.

Marc Duffy
24-10-2007, 09:50
Originally posted by br0pbr0p:
There's no editor in the digital download. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

As far as we are aware there should be. What OS are you on

FundyRunner
24-10-2007, 09:59
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FundyRunner:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

fundyrunner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should all work fine. WWSM is the same game just branded differently for the North American market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, that was a quick response. Thanks. Will download this evening (as work tends to frown on doing this here - of course, they probably frown on my posting to forums here as well... ).

As a non-urgent question/comment: I was just reading on the announcement about the patch beta that it would be available for the download significantly after the bought version. With the game being the same - it seems odd that the patch beta would not work for the download version as well. This isn't going to slow me down in any case - it just seems curious.

Thanks again Marc.

superustipak
24-10-2007, 10:22
superustipak : Send me an email .. I'm going to need to speak to someone about this and I cannot guarentee I'll have you an answer tonight either.

How did you make such an error http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I sent you an email.

Chewin the Fat
24-10-2007, 10:25
Hi guys
Been lurking around the edges of this forum monitoring the Download situation.
Here's my Issue.
For some reason, I ended up with the Football Manager Demo, doing ok with Grimsby and I was wondering if I download the WWSM, will I be able to load my Saved Grimbsy game from the demo and see if I can lead them to glory?
Having never been to Grimbsy and knowing nothing about them, they have grown on me quite a bit, In fact, Belive it or not, I actually check their score next to the Hearts Score on a Saturday Morning out here lol.
Cheers guys

yankee_ram
24-10-2007, 10:26
Marc

I downloaded the game with no issues, got it all installed and when I start it up all I get is a white screen and nothing else? What is going on, did I break something? Help please if you can.

_Chief_
24-10-2007, 10:26

On the first page that the Downloader opens it gives an error (not a popup, just the icon that there was something wrong, so, i clicked there to see what it was)

I will download the downloader again at home and will try again surelly... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm having the exact same problem !

What is going on ?

Oh boy, this brings bad memories

24-10-2007, 10:37
hey marc,

first of all great job on getting the release out and for keeping us informed

second, do you know if we will be able to download the game outside of the US anytime soon? possibly from another provided than boonty? thanks!

PLF
24-10-2007, 10:39
Downloaded the 'exe' downloader just fine. Ran it, entered my details (name, email, credit card #), and in the 3rd and last step where it's supposed to generate the serial code, it didn't sand said: "Sorry, could not generate, please contact our customer service or try again later..." or something along those lines.

parmalat
24-10-2007, 10:51
Thanks for all of your help Marc! This was the first time I have done any kind of DD, and everything went great! Thanks a bunch.

Prank Emperor
24-10-2007, 10:57
Marc what about me...I live in India how do i get the game? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

pleaaaaaaaasssseeeeeeeeee help me

_Chief_
24-10-2007, 11:05
My UK import just arrived (took exactly 6 days).

Done with this DD hassle, and cancelling Amazon's September pre-order.

24-10-2007, 11:08
So, like most of us in the U.S. I've waited anxiously for the DD. Now, with the links provided I'm unable to even get past the initial purchase. It keeps coming up firewall is activated. Only my freaking firewall is turned off. Completely turned off. What else is there for me to try? Any responses would be helpful and appreciated.

Meitheisman
24-10-2007, 11:24
Thanks Marc! http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Dino63
24-10-2007, 11:38
Question to other digital downloaders- are you guys uninstalling the demo to save space (I have a crappy Dell that hates me)? If so, are there any difficulties doing so?

Thanks.

yankee_ram
24-10-2007, 11:44
Originally posted by Dino63:
Question to other digital downloaders- are you guys uninstalling the demo to save space (I have a crappy Dell that hates me)? If so, are there any difficulties doing so?

Thanks.

I did, I need the space and wanted to start fresh now the I knew what I was doing.

Chewin the Fat
24-10-2007, 12:11
Does anyone know if I will be able to transfer a saved game from the FM demo into the WWSM once I have downloaded it?

meter
24-10-2007, 12:42
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by br0pbr0p:

As far as we are aware there should be. What OS are you on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone conrfirm if there is an editor included?

parmalat
24-10-2007, 13:29
I can confirm that the editor is included in the DD for WSM08

oswald
24-10-2007, 13:32
Is there any chance of an official english-language add-on for FĂștbol Manager?

Sweed
24-10-2007, 13:39
D'loaded from bootny without a hitch. Up and running now on my way to Cambridge City to start my career, at least until the first patch http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks Miles, Marc, and all the SI crew.

DerekG
24-10-2007, 13:42
Marc,

Will eLicense be one of the providers this year?

Balls
24-10-2007, 14:00
Does anybody know when the MAC version of WSM would be out?? I've not received any updates from Amazon yet...dunno whats holding them up?

fercecy
24-10-2007, 14:52

I will download the downloader again at home and will try again surelly... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Tried the same at home... with the same result.
I am using a mastercard card.

fercecy
24-10-2007, 14:58
Originally posted by PLF:
Downloaded the 'exe' downloader just fine. Ran it, entered my details (name, email, credit card #), and in the 3rd and last step where it's supposed to generate the serial code, it didn't sand said: "Sorry, could not generate, please contact our customer service or try again later..." or something along those lines.
Exactly the same problem i described... well it looks i will not have the game this week then... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Molarmite
24-10-2007, 15:57
My DD was just completed and now I'm installing it, however, whenever it gets to the end of the installation is says an error occurred when trying to copy a file: The source file is corrupted. I tried retrying it as well as aborting it and starting the whole installation over. The only other option is Ignore which I don't think I should use. Any thoughts?

insai
24-10-2007, 15:59
wow $30 USD. thats about $50 NZD. and in NZ the shelf version sells for $100 NZD. go figure.

PLF
24-10-2007, 17:10
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PLF:
Exactly the same problem i described... well it looks i will not have the game this week then... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna try again later on tonight and tomorrow.

Hopefully this problem many of us are experiencing will be soon fixed. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm using "MasterCard" as well by the way. Don't think that's related but still worth mentioning to see if all of us who are experiencing the same problem are using the same card or not... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

jase19
24-10-2007, 17:13
i still dont understand why americans have their own version...

the-truth
24-10-2007, 17:19
Question...I'm a PC User, but am thinking of buying a MacBook...I don't have to buy both the Mac and the PC version, do I?

Raven Darkheart
24-10-2007, 17:34
funny thing...
i still havent recieved my reciept from boonty

Marc Gagnon
24-10-2007, 17:42
Maybe this can help some of you guys.

When I ran the download program at first, I click on the Buy button at first, and I got an error message after I entered my credit card information.

I tried the other button instead, the Unlock button I think it was called. I was sent to the same internet page, but my paiment worked this time.

From what I read, some of you guys had the same problem.

Anyway, I'm now downloading and I can't wait to play. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks guys for the hard work you put in that game. It shows that it's made by people who care http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

We have fantastic costumer service http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

yankee_ram
24-10-2007, 18:11
Originally posted by Raven Darkheart:
funny thing...

Your not alone, I have the game up and running but still have yet to get my reciept.

Sweed
24-10-2007, 18:33
Originally posted by Raven Darkheart:
funny thing...

I just came here to post the same thing. Like yankee-ram I have the game running but I'll feel better when the receipt comes, I'm anal about keeping these things. At least I have my transaction ID printed out. I hope they sold thousands of copies and the mailer just hasn't caught up yet http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sweed
24-10-2007, 18:38
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raven Darkheart:
funny thing...

Your not alone, I have the game up and running but still have yet to get my reciept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw you had problems earlier in the day, glad to see you are at least up and running http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif
Hopefully if the receipts don't come soon Marc can sort it out for us.

PLF
24-10-2007, 18:42
I am now downloading the game as well and at about 950kb/s.

25% is done so another 6 minutes or so and the download will be over.

know_your_role
24-10-2007, 19:06
Small problem, I live in the US and I want a freaking copy of FM2008 not WWSM. The next person to tell me that they are are the same thing will get e-stabbed in the face. When will FM be available?

Lobaeux
24-10-2007, 19:19
I'm planning on buying a Macbook Pro as well.
I'm pretty sure the game will work just fine in either Boot Camp or Parrallels Desktop.

Gordon Comstock
24-10-2007, 19:24
Originally posted by know_your_role:
Small problem, I live in the US and I want a freaking copy of FM2008 not WWSM. The next person to tell me that they are are the same thing will get e-stabbed in the face. When will FM be available? don't hold your breath.

fwiw, it's when 8.0.1 is released.

_Chief_
24-10-2007, 19:33
Small problem, I live in the US and I want a freaking copy of FM2008 not WWSM. The next person to tell me that they are are the same thing will get e-stabbed in the face. When will FM be available?

Get in touch with superustipak, first poster in the second page.

yankee_ram
24-10-2007, 19:33

Whats wrong with WWSM that you just have to get FM instead.

lovingthegreen
24-10-2007, 20:31
Originally posted by meter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by br0pbr0p:

As far as we are aware there should be. What OS are you on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone conrfirm if there is an editor included? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For what it's worth, the editor is not where it was for WSM 2007 (at least not for me) - Start, All Programs, Sports Interactive, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 - definitely not there.

But it can be located through C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 - just double-click on "data editor" - it's the top file which is not a folder for me.

Just as an FYI in case anybody's having trouble finding it.

know_your_role
24-10-2007, 20:39
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by know_your_role:

Whats wrong with WWSM that you just have to get FM instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it.

Gordon Comstock
24-10-2007, 20:40
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yankee_ram:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by know_your_role:

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it's in your best interest to get over it.

change the language to English and you'll be good to go. ignore the WWSM branding, it's not a big deal.

yankee_ram
24-10-2007, 20:45
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yankee_ram:

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you wont buy it because it has soccer in the title? That is rather snobish of you.

pleming
24-10-2007, 20:53

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder where exactly do you deposit your feces? Certainly not in a 'bathroom' or a 'restroom'. You must hold it until you can fly across the Atlantic and use the 'loo'.

know_your_role
24-10-2007, 22:09
The three ******* above...ignored.

Any news on when FM will be available for download?

PLF
24-10-2007, 23:32
You're the ****** for not wanting to play the exact same game which will cost you cheaper and get to you faster as well, just because it has a different 'title'. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by PLF:
I am now downloading the game as well and at about 950kb/s.

25% is done so another 6 minutes or so and the download will be over.

WWSM fully downloaded, installed and played now.

Tested everything including running the editor and all seems to be fine.

Well done SI. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

433tom
25-10-2007, 00:18
Well my download certainly didn't work. I followed the instruction and nothing happens. I then checked the Bootygames folders that where setup in my program folder and they are empty.
It also installed a download icon on my desktop that does nothing either. I'm assuming the download manager involves a few files, but I have nothing but 2 empty folders. I sent them a problem report so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

433tom
25-10-2007, 00:34
wel I just got my automated responsesaying they would help me in one or two days. And if I don't hear from them in 4 days to send them another problem report. Boy I'm impressed. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

Terror
25-10-2007, 00:40
So happy i can download this. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I went to gamestop yesterday and they had no idea what Worldwide Soccer Manager was and i got really angry. Now i just have to wait until tomorrow for the mac version.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 03:33
ANYONE with a problem getting this game please email me. Boonty support are ready and waiting.

if you have purchased the game I need

First Name:
Last name:
Email address used for the transaction:
Transaction ID (this number appear on the confirmation email)

If you haven't purchased or you didn't get an email I need a full description of your issue and screenshots.

Cheers

red_dwarfer_2005
25-10-2007, 04:09
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SaintsCanada:
And as your reward,

urrgh, Egg chasing..try this

You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
Theres only one way to beat them
Get round the back
Catch me if you can
Cos' I'm the England man
And what you're looking at
Is the master plan
We ain't no hooligans
This ain't a football song
Three lions on my chest
I know we can't go wrong
We're playing for England {In-ger-land}
We're playing the song </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL Nice one - You cant beat the John Barnes rap!

FundyRunner
25-10-2007, 04:59
ANYONE with a problem getting this game please email me. Boonty support are ready and waiting.

if you have purchased the game I need

First Name:
Last name:
Email address used for the transaction:
Transaction ID (this number appear on the confirmation email)

If you haven't purchased or you didn't get an email I need a full description of your issue and screenshots.

Cheers

Mine *seems* to have worked. I clicked the button, sent the $$ info, there was a download (which does NOT work with OPERA! - once I changed to explorer, everything worked fine again).

But then it said it was sending me an email (which I never got). And that I needed to follow a bunch of verification instructions - which I never got an opportunity to do, since the game downloaded, and started working just fine. I saved the instructions just in case.

The game seems to be working fine - I set up a game with all the leagues (a LOT of them) and tried out some of the new features, saved a game, reloaded a game.

The nagging doubt I have is that it seemed too easy - and even easier than they were telling me during the process. I just sat back and let the game load.

Maybe I worry too much. Maybe I need to get my mind off things. Maybe managing a second division Russian team fighting relegation with no budget will help me relax.

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 05:38
any news on the Mac version?

Raven Darkheart
25-10-2007, 06:11
email sent marc.

sorry about this but im one of those that get anal about not recieving confirmation of purchase as well

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 06:25
The three ******* above...ignored.

Any news on when FM will be available for download?

Since we're doing IP lookups you will never be able to buy FM08 digitally. The only version available to you is WWSM. Sorry

Raven Darkheart
25-10-2007, 06:37
thx marc. got your email back http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wahoo05
25-10-2007, 06:42
Still not working... e-mail and screenshot sent yesterday night but no reply as of yet...

wahoo05
25-10-2007, 06:43
Still not working... e-mail and screenshot sent yesterday night but no reply as of yet...

LOL. It figures. Right as I hit "reply" here I get an e-mail back... never mind http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 06:45

Not long now, just waiting for the nod from our QA

25-10-2007, 06:46
any update on the direct2drive download?

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 06:46
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wahoo05:

LOL. It figures. Right as I hit "reply" here I get an e-mail back... never mind http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, been in a meeting since I got here today so worked backwards through my mails.

Turns out that the Boonty servers had some downtime last night which might account for some of the issues faced here.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 06:48
Originally posted by baconbits:
any update on the direct2drive download?

We gave them the greenlight to launch yesterday.

fifafan
25-10-2007, 06:57
I had no problems at all, aside from not receiving a confirmation email. But I was smart enough (*cough cough*) to print out the confirmation page when ordering (*hint hint*).

Thanks SI....you've retained my loyalty.

this canadian is happy with his new SOCCER game (*dig dig* at the 'elitist'*)

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 07:07
I've now sent Boonty about 4 emails where a confirmation email never arrived. I'll keep you posted on that.

Raven Darkheart
25-10-2007, 07:20
thx Marc, we know you will.
im also very happy about DD and youve done a great job keeping us in the loop and helping us out http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 08:05
Seems like Boonty are working through the emails as I've had a couple of people say that since they mailed me they've had confirmation.

fercecy
25-10-2007, 08:23
Seems like Boonty are working through the emails as I've had a couple of people say that since they mailed me they've had confirmation.
Any news on the error i posted yesterday?
Could it be i am clicking on "Buy it now" button?

Another user posted here that he used the "unlock" button... but i can't use it from here, since i am at work right now... should i try that at home? or is it safe to do it here?

fercecy
25-10-2007, 08:25
By the way, right now i am receiving dozens of emails about "subscription to the Sega Newsletter"... i supose all this come from completing the form to buy the game... i just supose (or hope) my credit card wasn't charged all those times too...

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 08:34

Another user posted here that he used the "unlock" button... but i can't use it from here, since i am at work right now... should i try that at home? or is it safe to do it here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The error your posted and the two screenshots are also affecting some other users. I've forwarded to boonty but please can you email me (as per above) so I can continue the war on errors with them.

FundyRunner
25-10-2007, 08:38

Yes, I just received my confirmatory email - and a careful read of the instructions I didn't have to follow (see previous email) leads me to believe that the instructions were intended for a situation other than mine.

Thanks again, Marc for the followups on this - and look! I have a day off tomorrow. Let the weekend commence!

fercecy
25-10-2007, 08:43
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fercecy:

Another user posted here that he used the "unlock" button... but i can't use it from here, since i am at work right now... should i try that at home? or is it safe to do it here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The error your posted and the two screenshots are also affecting some other users. I've forwarded to boonty but please can you email me (as per above) so I can continue the war on errors with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Email sent. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 08:47
Forwarded to Boonty. They have replied to say that they're checking this out with their website team and will get back to me asap.

25-10-2007, 08:54
Yo dawgs, when is da mac digital download gonna be avalable? I'm sure my other mac homeboys wants the 411 on this as well. Peace

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 08:59
Yo soon! I'm uploading da files.

yankee_ram
25-10-2007, 09:00
Just checked my email Marc and low and behold the confirmation email was in my inbox. All is well in my WWSM world.

25-10-2007, 09:02
Yo soon! I'm uploading da files.

Thats what I'm talkin' bout' dawg! Boo yah. You da man, Marc.

frenchguy86
25-10-2007, 09:05
hi I finaly was able to download it and got the confirmation mail this morning (24 hour after the donwload).
but I still have problem they gave me an unlock code but I don't see any unlock option on the starting screen. can you help me? does the game realy need to get unlocked?

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 09:25
Yo soon! I'm uploading da files. sweet.

Sweed
25-10-2007, 09:27

Yeah, got mine too. Came this morning while I was at work.

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 09:34
I guess I'll do some econ reading while I wait.

Recury
25-10-2007, 09:39
Whatever happened with Direct 2 Drive?

FundyRunner
25-10-2007, 09:42
Originally posted by frenchguy86:
hi I finaly was able to download it and got the confirmation mail this morning (24 hour after the donwload).
but I still have problem they gave me an unlock code but I don't see any unlock option on the starting screen. can you help me? does the game realy need to get unlocked?

This is the 'non-problem' I had as well. They sent a code, but I did not seem to need it.

When I carefully read the confirmatory mail:

If you made the purchase using the Buy Now link inside the game, the full version should be already unlocked. If it isn t, please follow the these steps:

my dead of this is that you only need the code if you are unlocking the demo.

I *think* that this means that you do NOT need the code, if you just bought it normally.

Perhaps someone can confirm this - but I had the same 'non-problem', and mine seems to be working fine.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 09:43
c
Originally posted by Recury:
Whatever happened with Direct 2 Drive?

They have the files, we've given them the go go. Just waiting really.

25-10-2007, 09:59
Aw yeah baby...Its bout to get all jiggy in this jizzoint when da mac DD drops on us. Hit em up, dawgs!

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 10:10
It's a slow upload process....sorry about the delay.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 10:12
Do you have Futbol Manager but you want to play in English?

If so, please email me ... I can help http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 10:35
After agonizing on this board for the release of WWSM the last two days I could sense the joy for you PC guys. As a Mac guy this extra day of struggle has been tough but it is nice to get such feedback. Having said that...

Slow upload process... Come on I need to put the smack on some oppenents. I need my fix when can I download? Please come soon my work productivity is taking a hit and I am off in a couple of hours and would love to have WWSM waiting for me.

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 10:52
I bet it's only mere minutes away.

25-10-2007, 10:53
Aw yeah, dawgs. I'm so juiced up for the mac DD that I can barely keeps the excitement in my britches. But I'ms a gonna mess around wit my acrylic paints for a bits to pass the time. Then I'm gonna go live wit Man City and drop some bombs on fools. Boo yah

sportzfrk
25-10-2007, 10:54
quick question. Is it going to work tomorrow when I have 10.5 Leopard installed? Have you even tested it on Leopard?

SonicAD
25-10-2007, 10:55
Looks like I finally got the receipt for my PC version this morning, hope everyone else has as well.

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 10:57
Originally posted by duckbutterkid3000:
Aw yeah, dawgs. I'm so juiced up for the mac DD that I can barely keeps the excitement in my britches. But I'ms a gonna mess around wit my acrylic paints for a bits to pass the time. Then I'm gonna go live wit Man City and drop some bombs on fools. Boo yah word to your mother.

_Chief_
25-10-2007, 10:57
Originally posted by FundyRunner:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchguy86:

This is the 'non-problem' I had as well. They sent a code, but I did not seem to need it.

When I carefully read the confirmatory mail:

If you made the purchase using the Buy Now link inside the game, the full version should be already unlocked. If it isn t, please follow the these steps:

my dead of this is that you only need the code if you are unlocking the demo.

I *think* that this means that you do NOT need the code, if you just bought it normally.

Perhaps someone can confirm this - but I had the same 'non-problem', and mine seems to be working fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confused, there's no way (to me) from the running demo to activate/buy anything.

I've downloaded just 5Mb of a software downloader which supposedly enables you to buy and download the rest.

Or do you need to download previously from them some demo (I downloaded mine from SI links) ?

Do you need the demo running for Boonty to work ?

superustipak
25-10-2007, 10:58
Do you have Futbol Manager but you want to play in English?

If so, please email me ... I can help http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

YES!
Email sent. Please help! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 10:59
Good question about Leopard as my wife is dying to get it.

As for me I think i'll as usual start unemployed and work my way up. Although being an American creating a powehous club would be fun. Just that the MLS has those stupid rules, team salary caps and all. Wish we could play lower divisions in the USA. Anyway gotta get my game on already.

25-10-2007, 11:00
Aw yeeeaaahhh, dawgs. Yo when's Marc D gittin' back in the hizzy yo? What?! What?!

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 13:01

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 13:10
I got a bad feeling this long silence means they have gone to sleep for the night. I hope I am wrong especially when all I thought was left was the upload but hat was over three hours ago.

We Mac users need some love

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 13:11
Originally posted by OneEyedJack:
I got a bad feeling this long silence means they have gone to sleep for the night. I hope I am wrong especially when all I thought was left was the upload but hat was over three hours ago.

We Mac users need some love I'm pessimistic too now; whatever happened to the forums was weird.

it wouldn't surprise me if they posted the link from home later, however. it's 9 pm over there, but who knows - I am keeping the faith.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 13:17
You were locked out of the forums for a while to then. I was hoping since they were using a different company for the mac DD that it was going to be available from the site and that is why they had to go offline in order to put it up.

No such luck. Maybe I should start with the Demo, but man I could of swore it would be ready today.

Balls
25-10-2007, 13:34
Probably SI is busy buying wreath for Martin Jol's obituary http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

superustipak
25-10-2007, 14:27
@Marc..
i have emailed you at marc_duffy@sigames.com, is this the right e-mail??
I am the one that would like to play the English version (not the Spanish one i accidently downloaded) so hopefully we can resolve this quickly.

atlgunner
25-10-2007, 14:35
This is very frustrating. Three days of being told we are going to have it, three days of not having it.

the_dave2001
25-10-2007, 14:38
Took my personal laptop to the office today, hoping that I'd be able to download in the background and then get a couple hours in between close of business and my 7pm continuing studies.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 14:45
Weird no word at all. Forum has been on and off. What gives? Are us Mac people to few? SI to busy? At least if it's not going to be available today let us know. Even though I really wish it were.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 14:48
I'm still here my Mac friends. I come with good and bad news.

The good news is Futbol Manager is uploaded and can be downloaded for the Mac here ... http://download.sega.com/u/nasa/futbol_manager_2008.zip

The bad news is WWSM got stuck so it's still going now but it'll be there soon. Do not worry I wont fail you!!!

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 14:48
It's a slow upload process....sorry about the delay.

Almost five hours since those last words about the Mac DD, slow indeed. Painfully slow.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 14:49
Originally posted by atlgunner:
This is very frustrating. Three days of being told we are going to have it, three days of not having it.

I am your friend!

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 14:49
Wonderful, I glad I kept the faith.

Thank you, tonight I hope yes?

sportzfrk
25-10-2007, 14:55
WHAT ABOUT LEOPARD?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!

the_dave2001
25-10-2007, 14:56
The bad news is WWSM got stuck

You should listen to Senator Ted Stevens: "The internet is not a big truck, it's a series of tubes!"

Perhaps if you tried turning it sideways before uploading? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 14:57
Leopard is supported, I was playing the game on good ol 10.5 today. I am your friend.

OneEyedJack
Should I not be obsessively updating my screen every minute. I know I know. The last version I bought was 2005 and I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Yesterday someone asked if they should sleep and check tomorrow and your response was get 40 winks and it was available the next day. So should I continue to obsess or get those blasted 40 winks?

Marc Duffy
The file is now 10% uploaded .. you decide

Balls
25-10-2007, 14:58
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atlgunner:

I am your friend! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You da man Marc...don't fail your 'Mac' friends now http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 14:59
Originally posted by sportzfrk:
quick question. Is it going to work tomorrow when I have 10.5 Leopard installed? Have you even tested it on Leopard?

You dare to doubt the Sports Interactive machine?

atlgunner
25-10-2007, 14:59
What balls said

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 15:00

We Mac users need some love

SLEEP? SLEEP IS FOR LOSERS http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 15:03
Can I hear a 50% uploaded?

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 15:07
After practicing up on FM 2008 this American is going to have to show the world how we will come to dominate football (um soccer) on FM Live.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 15:25
When this forum just went out I thought it was punishment for being cocky. Man this thing seems creaky today. People still out there. The Mac DD still uploading and on target for hummm maybe about now?

25-10-2007, 15:37
WWSM is now available on Direct2Drive Here (http://www.direct2drive.com/5182/product/Buy-Worldwide-Soccer-Manager-2008-Download)

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 15:39
Forum slow due to sheer numbers on here ... we;ve got the forum providers constantly working on things

Mac DD is still uploading

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 15:40
Wait this is for windows, what about Mac? Man it sounded so close, don't do this to us.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 15:41
Woops please disregard and thanks Marc, like a warm fireplace and a cold night.

25-10-2007, 15:42
Is there an eta for the mac upload to be complete?

the_dave2001
25-10-2007, 15:42
Forum slow due to sheer numbers on here ...

No, the pot's not boiling. No, it's not.
What's that?
Sure, I'm sure. I can see it from here.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 15:43
Glad to know I am not the only desperate Mac guy let staring at this thread.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 15:45
Links on the first page updated. Boonty and Direct2Drive are for PC

Mac WWSM still uploading (about 40% now)

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 15:46
this wait will make it all the sweeter - I've finished all of the work I had to do, so tonight will be all FM (or is it WWSM now?).

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 15:47

Mac WWSM still uploading (about 40% now) simple extrapolation says about an hour and forty minutes left.

got any good stories, Marc?

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 15:47
We can call it whatever you like http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

25-10-2007, 15:48
Another hour and a half so. Can't bleedin wait!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 15:48

Mac WWSM still uploading (about 40% now) simple extrapolation says about an hour and forty minutes left.

got any good stories, Marc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I ever tell you about the Managing Director with a really really hairy back?

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 15:49
no, but that does make a lot of sense now that you say it...

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 15:51
Right, Neil D is going to be your host through the next hour or so as we wait for take off. He's got the FTP info and is pressing F5 about as much as you guys are pressing it here.

I've sadly got to get to bed, to get up for an early office meeting and then the Goldeeeeen Joystick awards.

Good luck Mac friends

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 15:53
Hour and half is the best guess huh. Man this uploading thing is painfully slow in this age of lap top supercomputers. An hour and a half to suffer whether starting unemployed or taking a MLS team to international glory.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 15:55
I know, it's painful. The upload speeds are poor ... good for you on the download speeds... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 15:59
Greetings to the Mac friends.

Marc Duffy
25-10-2007, 16:01
Hi friend

sportzfrk
25-10-2007, 16:06
Glad to hear that the game works on the best operating system available in Leopard!

What do you guys think of Leopard? Is Time Machine the most ingenious feature ever? I can't wait to install it tomorrow!!!

Balls
25-10-2007, 16:08
Thanks Marc....for the updates.
Marc...you are Messiah....
Believe me you are not the only one F5ing every 5 seconds http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 16:08
Goodnight Marc, get some much needed rest. Hello Neil now we can pester you with senseless neurotic questions until we get a link.

So under an hour you think?

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 16:09
I haven't tried Leopard yet, I'm still on Tiger, but a few of the lads have been using it on their test machines.

Talking of which, we got a new Mac Monster yesterday. Core 2 Duo and everything with a cool 8GB RAM.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 16:11
Yeah I had to buy a laptop but I got the meatiest one I could, I want to run the entire football world. For that I suppose I would need a heavy duty desktop.

sportzfrk
25-10-2007, 16:12
Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:
I haven't tried Leopard yet, I'm still on Tiger, but a few of the lads have been using it on their test machines.

Talking of which, we got a new Mac Monster yesterday. Core 2 Duo and everything with a cool 8GB RAM.

Very nice. I have a monster MBP with 2.33 Ghz C2D and 3 GB of RAM. 256 MB Graphics Card too.

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 16:21
are we still on track?

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 16:27
Based on the previous numbers I am calculating another half hour. I have no idea if this is a fair calculation but for us tired and desperate thread reloaders it gives us some hope

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 16:31
We're over 50% now, but as Duffy said before, sleep is for losers, yet he's gone to bed!

old fat bald guy
25-10-2007, 16:36
Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 16:37
Seems like I am going to revise my figures that last 10% was way sloe

25-10-2007, 16:40
so we're looking at another 2 hours or so.

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 16:40
We're at about 65%, believe!

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 16:43
I think that I'll get to download and install at a leisurely pace while watching 30 Rock, The Office, and Scrubs tonight.

vikeologist
25-10-2007, 16:44
Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 16:50
Originally posted by vikeologist:
Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

I'm sorry to hear that and it's unusual, because FĂștbol Manager should only be available to your territory.

I've fired off an email to the guys over at Direct2Drive, so if they come back to me I'll let you know as soon as I can.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 16:53
Thanks for rattling off the percentages, it is helpful

Gordon Comstock
25-10-2007, 16:58
Neil, may I ask for an update?

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 17:00
Neil how did you get stuck with this shift? Gotta keep asking you questions lest you slip off into a deep sleep and leave us here to get increasingly anxious

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 17:00
Neil, may I ask for an update?

75%

the_dave2001
25-10-2007, 17:01
Seems like another 50 minutes, then.

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 17:01
Neil how did you get stuck with this shift? Gotta keep asking you questions lest you slip off into a deep sleep and leave us here to get increasingly anxious

It's okay. I work 24 hours, 7 days a week. Remember, sleep is for losers!

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 17:02
Originally posted by vikeologist:

Guess what, Direct2Drive have fixed this for you now. Go get it quick! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 17:05
the_dave maybe less than that the percentages are picking up steam here. Oh to see it get to single digits and trickle towards sweet linking and then the downloading countdown begins.

old fat bald guy
25-10-2007, 17:06
Originally posted by old fat bald guy:
Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?

Guess I'm the only PC person here because everybody else is playing already. Hello? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 17:08
Old fat bald guy, must be frustrating to be having these problems. After waiting all this time I think I might go a little nuts if I have problems with the downlaod

old fat bald guy
25-10-2007, 17:13
A little bit frustrating, yes. I'd love to get an answer about whether I can just delete what I have and try again with my order ID number. Just emailed Boonty with that, too. Evidently it's a busy day for them. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

atlgunner
25-10-2007, 17:14
Hate to be a thorn, but could I bother for an update? Thanks!

vikeologist
25-10-2007, 17:19
Thanks for your help Neil.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 17:23
Curious to see what the next update is. SI seems to be using a new company for this download, I hope all goes well once this is uploaded. I guess we will be the guinea pigs

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 17:24
Originally posted by atlgunner:
Hate to be a thorn, but could I bother for an update? Thanks!

We're in the home straight now!

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 17:27
I do hope that was the proper use of the exclamation mark. As in ready in the next few minutes??!!

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 17:30
Not quite, but we've about 25MB to go.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 17:36
Not too shabby

25-10-2007, 17:37
Hi guys,
just a few words from a Mac-female-user (am I the only woman here?)
First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...
And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?
Take care guys (and girls),
S.

OneEyedJack
25-10-2007, 17:41
Oakland you would happen to live in Oakland, because that is where I am sitting and suffering. Seems like a good idea to have gender specific wording, first female I know who plays this game

yankee_ram
25-10-2007, 17:42
Originally posted by Oakland:
Hi guys,
just a few words from a Mac-female-user (am I the only woman here?)
First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...
And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?
Take care guys (and girls),
S.

No Oakland your not the only woman in here, I am a woman myself so there are two of us..I think.

Neil Dejyothin
25-10-2007, 17:46
Guess what...

We have lift off!

Gordon Comstock
I am downloading something... excellent!

Neil Dejyothin
e-Sellerate Worldwide Soccer Manager is now available to download from here:

http://download.sega.com/u/nasa/wwsm_2008.zip

Thanks for your patience. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

25-10-2007, 17:47
Where can we download from?? Thanks